Mobile Tester, often referred as Software testers, must conduct functional testing to ensure mobile products are free of bugs or any errors that could be exhibited by potential users in the feature. They test UI/UX features of various mobile applications and may require a coding background, dependent on if the testing is black-box or white-box testing capacity.
How to Become a Successful Mobile Tester?
Mobile testers must have a bachelor’s degree in software or analytical based major, such as Computer Science, Economics, or Information Systems. Mobile testers can range from highly technical or entry-level technical skills.
Testers will need the ability to conduct black-box functional testing on mobile applications ensuring UI/UX interface is seamless for user experiences. Testers cooperate with a project team including but not limited to project manager, digital marketing, product owners, and other mobile developers on the team. Having a can-do attitude and able to problem-solve and triage bugs that are found while testing is important to articulate what step of the software testing you are at and any impediments you may have.
Testers must have working knowledge of Android and iOS. Testers must be a great problem solver, and able to recreate bugs in order to figure out ways to fix the bug with the developer of the team.
Testers must have general knowledge of common coding languages such as Java, Java-Script, C++, Swift, and others. You will need to articulate to project team any impediments that many occur during the sprint cycle of feature updates.
The Best Mobile Tester Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Mobile Testing resumes for your reference.
- Created and executed manual smoke, functional, regression, system, integration and exploratory tests.
- Analyzed Functional Requirements and Business Specification as part of Static Testing on earliest stages of SDLC.
- Responsible for creation, design and execution of test strategies, including writing test plans, test cases and test scenarios.
- Performed test automation using HP QuickTest Pro and HP Quality Center.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Involved in writing Requirement Tractability Matrix (RTM) detailed Test Plan and Test scenarios.
- Working closely with project manager/Test Lead and Project team to learn about the project functionalities and provided testing timelines.
- Logged defects encountered in the application through JIRA during test cycles and conducted fix verification.
- Performed planning and execution, defect reporting and fix verification using manual and automated techniques to have test plans in place and executed according to our release schedules.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of test plan by managing and prioritize test assignments, activities and resources under direction of Quality Engineers and Project Managers.
- Executed test suites and perform other types of testing as described in the test plan or ERS.
- Completed developer checklist and provide feedback and suggestions for additional features on future builds and updates of software.
- Contributed with several critical bugs and more than ten design suggestions considered and/or implemented into the full game with the mobile team.
- Directed communication with developers of games such as Simpsons Tapped Out. Worked with bug tracking software such as Jira, DevTest and DevTrack.
- Run Compatibility Testing (cross Windows/ Mac and Android/ iOS platforms, cross browsers, cross mobile devices – phones, tablets, iPads etc).
- Test Mobile app`s behavior under various interruptions: battery strength (full/medium/low), incoming calls, SMS, video calls.
- Write SQA test documentation such as test plans, test cases, test matrices, check lists.
- Actively participate in regular QA team meetings to discuss SQA testing process and suggest improvements to the application design and features.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile platforms such as iOS and Android devices.
- Ran Compatibility Testing (cross Windows/ Mac and Android/ iOS platforms, cross browsers, cross mobile devices – phones, tablets, iPads etc).
- Monitored and tested application behavior under various interruptions: battery strength (full/medium/low), incoming calls, SMS.
- Involved in Readiness testing and Ad-hoc testing on various Mobile devices using Android Operating systems(Kit kat, Jelly bean) and Windows Operating systems(windows 10, Windows 6.1 and 6.5).
- Responsible for testing different functionalities like BT, Camera, WAN, WLAN, GPS, MSR and Scanning on GSM/UMTS/CDMA/EVDO networks on Android and Windows.
- WLAN Testing on different IP types and Different Band widths using AP config tool.
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements Specification documents.
- Developed test cases for Black box testing like GUI, Functionality Testing, Interruption, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible executing the Test Cases in Test Lab and created execution reports using Quality Center.
- Provide independent testing and quality assurance services of smart phone and tablet apps for various clients including FanGraphs.com, K12, Travel Channel, Food Network, and MobilizeFaith.com.
- Develop test strategy, plans, and cases to certify iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Coordinate testing for multi- vendor international team on some projects.
- Devices used for testing include iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy.
- Released mobile apps include Travel Channel Layover Guide, Man v Food Challenge, In the Kitchen, FanGraphs, K12 Timed Reading, Snow Globe Maker, and Bible Memory.
QA Analyst/Mobile Tester
- Expertise of testing the applications developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, .Net Technology.
- Test Web App, Native App, automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple using Appium, Emulators and IOS Simulators.
- Assisted in designing REST/HTTP, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Handle the application response for positive and negative sets of data with data driven testing using HP QTP.
- Created test scripts based on the User stories as specified by the Business side and Requirement document.
- Performed analysis and created test plan, test cases, test scenarios and test environment.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) environment and involved in review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meetings.
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through automated testing tools like Selenium web driver using java and with cucumber using ruby along with manual testing.
- Designed, executed and maintained Automation Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG for regression and functional testing.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Implemented Data Driven Frameworks to create parameterized test scripts and generate XSLT reports using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG framework.
- Created Automation Testing Framework for Android Application Testing with Espresso and Java.