Ministers, while commonly found in the religious setting, (in Charity & Non-Profit) offer mental or spiritual guidance and support to members of their congregation or organization. They often preach to a large group or community of people who struggle with personal or spiritual matters. Ministers must be great at outreaching to the community and connecting to people.
How to Become a Successful Minister?
Within religious organizations, churches must ordain a minister, or requires extensive professional training at a seminary, theological college or university. Must have some knowledge on the field of work they are participating in, such as for example in the Christian faith, needs to have knowledge in divinity and theological faith.
Ministers exists in the catholic or Christian faith and can serve as the key person in the church setting.
You must be able to conduct public speaking towards a large crowd of people and be comfortable with speaking in front of others. Ministers will need the ability to connect to others in a sensitive and respective manner. Being compassionate and caring to others is very crucial when dealing with people in this role.
Ministers must have a patient attitude, since the job may require listening to other people with sensitive and emotional struggles and challenges.
To be successful as a Minister, you will need to be able to care for people of all age ranges, and able to communicate effectively. Ministers can be found in both religious and non-religious settings depending on the type of organization and field of work.
The Best Minister Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Minister resumes for your reference.
- Ministerial duties included public speaking and writing (newspaper articles as well), congregational administrative tasks, and personal pastoral care.
- Skill sets acquired would suit me to do this job, I believe.
- Enjoyed working independently and in concert with others in accomplishing common goals and objectives.
- Ministered as needed during periods of time while attending church in the Feed the Multitude outreach to community for the needy by providing food and worship service and prayer.
- I am bi-lingual Spanish and I was used as a translator for services when needed.
- I lead the junior high children in regular bible studies for over a year.
- The outreach program was discontinued last November after operating for many years.
- Managed, planned, scheduled, and directed worship band consisting of 20+ band members.
- Utilized scheduling software to coordinate and manage weekly rehearsals with volunteer musicians.
- Directed traditional music program with Chancel Choir, Hand Bells, Children’s Choirs, Ensembles, and orchestra (2000-2006).
- Developed a youth band ministry consisting of 4 bands with over 40 youth (grades 6-12).
- Provided pastoral care to ministers and their families as requested by chair.
- Developed and led orientation of new pastors when needed.
- Helped organize continuing education opportunities for ministers.
- Provided conflict resolution skills to churches having difficulties.
- Served as therapeutic counselor for local church and community.
- Utilized public speaking skills for both large gatherings and small groups.
- Developed and launched “Brian’s Camp for Kids”, a summer camp for inner-city youth.
- Planned and delivered weekly sermons, prepared annual preaching plan, and led weekly Bible study.
- Guided the Leadership Team in developing the church’s vision and implementing a long-range plan.
- Provided pastoral care to congregation, including hospital and bereavement visitation.
- Discovered and coordinated opportunities for outreach and ministry to the local community.
- Led all facets of Sunday and Wednesday night worship and Bible study.
- Taught and prepared students/volunteers to share the message of Christ with others.
- Prioritized relationships with students and their families to help them grow in faith.
- Collaborated weekly with leadership team to organize several on- and off-campus events.
- Successfully coordinated and evaluated week long student training program for 30+ students.
- Encouraged personal growth in students through mentorship and discussion groups.
- Developed and delivered lesson plans that imparted knowledge of positive values in children ages 6 – 12.
- Enforced effective group control techniques and utilized accurate measures to maintain safety of children.
- Addressed parent and guardian questions and comments regarding children’s progress, behavior, and growth.
- Led worship for Church weekly including preaching sermons weekly and on church holidays.
- Visit members of the church who were homebound or otherwise unable to come to church regularly as well as visiting all members of the church on a semi-regular basis.
- Designed worship to be built around the Word of God that is being preached including picking the prayers and music that was to be used.
- Create various church correspondence and spreadsheets for church functions including clothing drives and bakes sales for budgeting purposes.
- Participate in church ministerial council/leadership meetings and record the minutes.
- Prepare lesson plans for church study group sessions on a weekly basis.
- Perform other various functions as needed including communication with church leadership to ensure efficient operations for church outreach activities.
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, sound technicians, and computer technicians.
- Oversee all ministry counseling needs from the church membership and requests from the community.
- Represents the Senior Pastor at committee and ministry team meetings as requested.
- Serves as an effective liaison to church committees and team ministry efforts.