An artist manager manages operations in various aspects of an artist’s career path. An artist manager’s responsibilities include identifying opportunities, scheduling performances, finding agents, advising artist on contracts, managing day-to-day operations, and producing an artist’s work.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Artist Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Artist Manager resumes for your reference.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 1
- Manage, organize, and coordinate an art department for a group of ten artists.
- Provide assistance in the creation of over 1000 paintings during the past five years.
- Establish business relationships with hundreds of collectors nationwide; built customer loyalty by gaining acceptance to twelve major art shows per year throughout New England.
- Recommend appropriate action based on accurate information to owners concerning their artwork; maintain high level of professionalism while working closely with artists ranging from young adults with little experience to professional adult painters with decades of experience under their belts.
- Collaborate with other departments for marketing purposes through monthly marketing presentations; establish marketing calendar, advertise events (both internal and external), market artists’ events.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 2
- Increased the brand awareness of artists through social media, public relations, and marketing tactics.
- Developed artist management company’s online presence with website creation, graphic design, Facebook page update and oversight.
- Secured worldwide distribution for two albums with Universal Music Group / Sony Music Entertainment / RED Distribution.
- Improved communication between decision-makers at major labels and indie record companies by drafting press releases directly to A&R managers.
- Improved client retention rate through networking efforts; enhanced relationships with customers through past due accounts receivable collections.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 3
- Laboriously assist with management and promotion of at least fifty artists, locally and nationally.
- Plan and execute eight art shows with the largest and most distinguished galleries in New York City; including The Art Dealer’s Association of America’s prestigious “Art by the Sea” venue.
- Recruit support for international exhibitions featuring over one hundred local, regional, and national artists across fourteen venues in ten states.
- Manage production of an arts magazine to promote over thirty-five artists; highlighted by month-long interviews, biographies, photographs, and performance reviews.
- Fundraise thousands of dollars via information technology to ensure that underprivileged children were able to attend drama classes and workshops.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 4
- Successfully established a weekly contract with a local art gallery.
- Managed an entire line of merchandise that included original paintings, T-shirts, and posters for over 4 years.
- Maintained a creative atmosphere by organizing creative group sessions for children to make crafts, play games, and create musical instruments out of recycled materials.
- Helped develop creative plans by encouraging creative ideas from children in public school to inspire their own curiosity about the world around them.
- Receive dozens of complements on my creativity; one person said I was “like Michelangelo.”
Artist Manager Resume Sample 5
- Commission-based position to identify and develop new talent; managed artists in various aspects of career: marketing, promotion, live events, and touring.
- Handled tour logistics for 14 concerts across United States; managed artist image through social media presence; arranged interviews and radio sessions with national press.
- Negotiated multi-album record deal with major label A&R reps for distribution by Sony Music Group/ATV Publishing/EMI CMG Label Group.
- Orchestrated model photo shoot for print publication release of album cover EPs & singles on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Pandora Radio, Google Play, Xbox Music Store.
- Founded management company to brand and support commissioned content; successfully built and managed reputations of multiple artists on platform for global visibility.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed and projected the career of an artist in a professional manner so that artistic integrity was protected while providing exposure to art buyers and collectors.
- Realized $2.3 million in net profits from sales of artwork (oil paintings) over a five year period; recognized by Art Business News as one of their Top Producers for 2001-2004.
- Coordinated artist schedules, travel arrangements, and marketing efforts for book signings around the country; scheduled appearances on local cable shows, television commercials, radio interviews and print advertisements (including international).
- Produced and facilitated seminars in Vermont in which artists worked directly with patrons through classes and demonstrations.
- Acted as liaison between artists and galleries to build market presence and promote appreciation for art.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 7
- Collaborated with an emerging artist to successfully produce fifteen shows including; modern art exhibits, live painting performances, silkscreen T-shirt printings and online visual arts classes.
- Promoted eight original bands from local venues to major music festivals across the region.
- Managed a clothing line that reached national distribution by producing custom skateboard decks for nine different retail stores.
- Developed two separate art magazines which were distributed internationally. Published three books of original artistic work.
- Designed a new website template for a multi-million dollar company within 21 days of being hired.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed up-and-coming recording artists; supervised artist, band members, and stage crew.
- Handled all aspects of daily operations for local and regional concerts and recordings.
- Promoted band through Internet marketing; generated over $10,000 in sales from online merchandising.
- Launched musical career with a positive review in Billboard Magazine; composed original score for The Zoo Story production by Theatre Intime.
- Pioneered new ad campaigns to market products as varied as organic cigarettes and Ragu spaghetti sauce.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 9
- Developed a roster of over 100 national and international music acts, models, actors, crew members.
- Co-produced a concert for over 3,000 people with the production of 12 television commercials during a two week break from tour to promote a new video game release.
- Negotiated contracts on behalf of clients including recording contracts, stage appearance fees, endorsements, merchandising sales royalties for international sales in Japan and Europe.
- Initiated multimedia projects including an album cover design for the #1 best selling hip hop group with distribution through Sony Music as well as graphic designs for various productions such as live concerts and television commercial productions.
- Gained attention from the public media including a New York Times article on the growth of the music industry.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 10
- Composed, written, produced, and recorded four studio albums.
- Pooled resources with others to release three “mixed media” art exhibits in two years.
- Assembled an award-winning music video team for three months of filming paid projects totaling over 1 million views online paid to label.
- Translated artistic works from English into German contributing to a significant increase in sales within the target market.
- Manage artists’ portfolios providing efficient distribution of performance revenues across all income streams resulting in consistent monthly budgets.
Artist Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed profitable, multi-artist studio of nearly 150 artists.
- Tracked sales of artworks produced by studio; managed payment schedules for artists based on sales.
- Promoted the work of over 100 local, state, and national visual artists through public participation in three annual art fairs. Providing publicity to promote artists’ works at many other events throughout the year.
- Monitored contracts with galleries, museums, and commercial establishments that displayed or sold my clients’ works; maintained inventory records of original artworks held by galleries and museums.
- Developed three permanent collection displays based on mediums of each artist’s works for private collections located in Europe and Japan.
To become an artist manager, a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is required, in addition to years of experience in the industry. An artist manager must be creative, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent advocation skills, must have excellent negotiation skills, must keep current with marketing trends, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Artist Manager Resume Samples
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 1
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 2
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 3
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 4
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 5
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 6
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 7
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 8
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 9
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 10
- Artist Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up