Woodworkers work for furniture companies, custom home builders, and other woodworking organizations. Duties include designing and constructing items or sets that are made of wood, or working with existing designs to create new products. The top skills for this position are strong form-following abilities, problem-solving skills, creative thinking skills, fine motor skills, and an eye for detail. The minimum educational requirement to enter this role is typically a high school diploma, but many employers are looking to hire individuals who have taken advanced courses related to woodworking at institutions like colleges or vocational schools.
The Best Woodworker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Woodworker resumes for your reference.
- Enforced on-site policy and safety regulations for state and local agencies (EPA, NYFD, OSHA, DEM).
- Arbitrated conflict resolution between subcontractors on behalf of homeowners.
- Supervised and instructed current staff and new employees in various aspects of architecture, structure, and safety procedures.
- Sculpted a 6′ tall 3D carving of the visionary alchemist and writer, Dr. John Dee; exhibited at the local renaissance fair.
- Invented and patented a new type of adjustable woodworking vise; introduced this tool to the network markets.
- Worked in a deadline-driven atmosphere focused on both individual and team effort.
- Engaged in all aspects of the production of texturized hardwood to meet client standards.
- Helped create a product uniquely tailored to the specifications of the client.
- Performed woodworking demonstrations for over 150 men, women, and children at open houses in which I introduced them to woodworking tools and techniques.
- Designed and created custom furniture for private residences; clientele included local business owners & CEOs.
- Participate in project consulting and assist with customer questions and concerns.
- Manage production schedule as well as purchasing and shipping logistics.
- Responsible for building and finishing various wooden percussion instruments.
- Assist in the training and knowledge of product information for new employees.
- Screened, graded, and accurately prepared over 5,000 small wood pieces to be hand-painted and then assembled into two large-scale art pieces.
- Provides design consultations for custom furniture and home installations.
- Utilizes reclaimed wood and hardware for manufacturing hand-crafted designs.
- Prepares cost estimates and financial reports for administrative records.
- Develops diverse marketing strategies to increase sales and build brand awareness.
- Produced dozens of over 600 individual framed collages through the use of woodworking skills.
- Design and layout additions, kitchens, bathrooms, custom furniture, and general cabinetry.
- Create architectural drawings and build high-end, stain-grade cabinetry and furniture from drawings Stain and finish cabinetry.
- Supervise and construct residential and commercial additions and general carpentry as well as install cabinetry, all appliances, and fixtures.
- Trim work and moldings, including focal-point crowns and large crowns requiring compound miter cuts.
- Successfully built the frame of a special installation for the opening of a museum within a museum.
- Design and fabricate a wide variety of complex steel and/or wood projects.
- Proficient in metal fabrication processes, MIG welding, and an expert woodworker.
- Produce detailed drawings for customers using Trimble Sketchup software.
- Intentionally produced handcrafted furniture, including handmade hardwoods and pine varieties from sustainable sources.
- Embraced fusion of form and function through the use of transitional styles to produce works that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Custom woodworking shop specializing in fabricating furniture from interior designer’s drawings or plans.
- Hired specifically to collaborate on a commission build of a replica Chippendale furniture piece.
- Worked with all woodworking shop machinery and many different species of hardwoods: oak, Spanish cedar, poplar, walnut, cherry, and alder.
- Woodworks with a variety of wood species and materials by hand or machine.
- Authentic, and original pieces.
- Built cabinetry; poured concrete; framing; maintained work area clean and organized.
- Completed tear-down of existing structures and prepared for new construction.
- Prepared and cleaned construction sites by removing debris.
- Work to detail, perfection.
- Decorating specialty items in wood.
- Fabricate custom-made cabinets for residential and commercial applications.
- Assist with estimates and design ideas to provide solutions and desired finish for all customers.
- Remodel, re-facing, retrofitting, wood staining, laminated hard surfaces (ex: Formica), oil, and water-based paint.
- Install cabinets, doors, windows, trims, moldings, stairs, handrails, exterior fences and gates, and fine wood trim to an excellent finish.
- Worked on projects as a team member to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Constructed, fabricated, and installed furniture in both residential and commercial construction.
- One of the key requirements is knowing how to understand what the Project Manager
- Customer wants in relation to satisfy their expectations of what the job should look like.
- Completing the job in a timely manner is also mandatory.
- Woodcarver, author, and instructor of the art of furniture construction.
- Established this business after having a lot of experience with remodeling, demolitions, and my own ability to build my own furniture.
- Design custom (but not limited to) furniture and built them to customers’ own measurements and fine details.
- Knowledge of all tools including a miter saw, drills, multi-tools, routers, nail guns, planers, sanders, etc.
- Improve on my own marketing strategies and constantly do more research to further my knowledge, techniques, and strategies.
- Furniture designer whose work is exhibited in private collections throughout the world.
- Designed, fabricated, and installed custom cabinetry, bedroom furniture, and closets for a personal woodworking business.
- Provided excellent customer service through quality assessment of needs, clear and responsive communication, and efficient and precise installation.
- As the sole employee and owner, I managed the schedule, including travel time for estimates, the design and production of materials, ordering of parts and supplies, and assembling of finished jobs.
- Managed all the marketing, upkeep, and stock of wood-shop material.
- Created sculptures, works of art, and various types of objects that are important to humans as symbols of ideas, faith, and spiritual meaning.
How to Become a Successful Woodworker?
There are no educational requirements and some woodworkers just use the skills they’ve gained on their own. However, to gain more skills and experience, some will attend an art program or apprentice under a more experienced artist, and some will work as a carpenter to gain more experience with the tools in question.
Typically, a woodworker is independent and hires out their skills to customers looking for specific items they know how to craft, such as furniture or other wooden crafts. However, sometimes a studio will have multiple woodworkers creating custom furniture to sell to people in stores or online.
Being artistic and creative is very important, as people typically want their ordered items to be unique and pleasing to look at. However, the structure is also important, especially for furniture. People will want their items to last a long time, especially if they’re going to be using them every day like furniture.
Safety is also important as a woodworker because the tools you will be working with our powerful and sharp in order to be able to cut through wood, and a single slip up could severely hurt you or someone else. Always be careful around equipment and make sure anyone you work with does the same.
Art comes in a very wide variety of mediums, and one of the more physical is accomplished by shaping wood into a variety of different objects through cutting it carving. A woodworker can make everything from statues to furniture and many other things, and sell these to customers who will have them in their homes to show to others.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.