A dining room server provides a hospitable service to patrons of a restaurant. A dining room server’s responsibilities include taking food and drink orders, promoting menu items, clean tables and surrounding areas, provide hospitality, ensuring tables are equipped properly, and perform payment transactions.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dining Room Server Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dining Room Server resumes for your reference.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 1
- Consistently received compliments from guests and supervisors on customer service, hygiene, and overall positive attitude that made dining experience pleasant.
- Top-ranked server for highest number of tables covered per shift; recognized by the Executive Chef for excellence in service and management skills.
- Received Supervisor’s Award for extraordinary performance in maintaining high standards in all areas of food preparation and presentation.
- Recognized as one of only two servers with perfect attendance in a 12-month period after overcoming minor injury to return to work early and provide continued excellent service.
- Initiated successful campaign that raised $200 in donations within first week after proposing an annual fundraiser to promote healthy living.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 2
- Preserved a professional demeanor and took initiative to provide prompt, efficient, and courteous food service during peak periods.
- Pushed sales through suggestive selling techniques; increased average ticket by 13%.
- Organized and maintained adequate inventories of all linen and small wares.
- Conducted monthly special events for customers; organized entertainment such as dance parties, karaoke contests, magic shows, etc.
- Gained understanding of financial records; reconciled accounts economic fluctuations between documentation provided by managers and cash books.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 3
- Personally created a steak/filet mignon combination plate that became a guest favorite for over 5 years.
- Introduced dessert menus to increase evening sales by 15%; recognized by the restaurant manager for outstanding performance.
- Recognized by other servers as an exceptional team player; helped maintain cleanliness and order during peak times of the day while exhibiting calm, patience, and understanding with guests.
- Enhanced customer service satisfaction levels through positive interactions; generously applied knowledge about menu items to assist each guest in making his or her selection.
- Guided five diners to make appropriate dinner selections according to dietary needs; received appreciation from diabetic, heart patient, vegetarian, and gluten intolerant customers.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 4
- Exhibited excellent accuracy and speed of service by learning table number designation system.
- Nourished awareness, insight, and creativity through artistic performance during hourly recitations on the violin.
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction by anticipating guests’ needs, exceeding expectations of restaurant staff, attracting return visitors.
- Showcased exemplary teamwork in coordinating with other servers to ensure that guests were well taken care of.
- Assisted Manager in leading summer campers with outdoor activities beyond dining room service; led over 100 children ages 6-10 years in various activities.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 5
- Prepared tables for guests, including setting table linens and utensils, filling glasses with clean water.
- Carried hot plates of food balanced on tray to serve customers without spilling it on them.
- Cleared away dirty dishes and glasses from tables after each meal service during the dinner hour rush.
- Accurately processed customer bills using computerized cash register system; developed friendly rapport with regular customers.
- Effectively juggled multiple plates while serving customers through whole dining room area in order to provide excellent service.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 6
- Provided guests with exceptional dining experiences by managing multiple tables while maintaining a friendly, efficient demeanor.
- Pioneered new idea for menu that increased restaurant revenue 15 percent in just two short months.
- Received outstanding customer service award thanks to guest recognition of consistent good attitude and sincerity regarding food preparation.
- Developed close relationship with regular patrons through one-on-one interactions including conversation about the daily specials.
- Achieved reputation among fellow servers as being an exceptional team player who cheerfully provided support during busier hours.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 7
- Resolved customer complaints immediately and courteously; this led to increased customer satisfaction by 2%.
- Reached step 1 in ‘Restaurant service excellence’ certification process.
- Increased server’s tip average by 4% through recommendations of house specialties.
- Achieved company award for the highest receiving percentages in the restaurant during April, May, June; recognized for superior performance.
- Earned appreciation as a dependable dining room team player who always makes sure job responsibilities are completed correctly and on time by management team.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 8
- Satisfied the wishes of diverse guests at all times, for example by preparing food according to special dietary requirements and by recommending wine with dinner.
- Supported catering sales team by providing friendly service to outside clients, i.e., banquets.
- Worked as part of a team to provide an excellent customer experience; implemented duties according to the schedule each day.
- Contributed to great teamwork between wait staff and kitchen staff during busy periods; provided quick, competent service under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Inspired many patrons to return again through consistent friendliness; maintained positive relationship with their support throughout their dining experience.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 9
- Maintained high quality guest service, follow all procedures to receive and maintain certification of 5 Diamond rating.
- Received recognition for customer retention efforts by hotel management after initiating new program to ensure timely delivery of room amenities.
- Planned events, including business meetings, weddings, and family reunions catering up to 200 guests. Understood the demands of serving under pressure while maintaining an atmosphere conducive to dining.
- Redesigned menu structures for several hotel restaurants based on consumer trends and restaurant volumes; recognized by visiting executive chefs as well as regional managers.
- Received “Employee of the Month” award upon initiative to implement better stock rotations in preparation for potential food shortages during busy holiday seasons.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 10
- Shadowed and assisted in service of the best restaurant in the city; offered outstanding customer service and responsible alcohol management.
- Earned a 5-star rating on my annual evaluation for excellence in food presentation, guest relations, efficiency, and quality of work.
- Established an environment conducive to repeat customers by providing personalized attention during each dining experience.
- Ensured consistency among staff members through group meetings with co-workers to discuss strengths, weaknesses, new procedures/ideas, etc.
- Received the highest salary within my department as well as promotion to Acting Restaurant Manager because of stellar customer satisfaction based on input from diners who completed comment cards.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 11
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of food and beverage preparation.
- Responsible for serving over 250 guests daily; recognized as the best server by the catering department managers.
- Resolved customer’s dissatisfaction with wrong order by requesting that it be cooked correctly, then offering a free dessert and drink on the house to compensate for their inconvenience.
- Contributed to positive reputation of establishment by receiving commendations from customers and management for superior service, courtesy, professionalism, and positivity.
- Earned $20+ tip at least 50% of time; also witnessed improved tips from other employees after training them to serve better.
Dining Room Server Resume Sample 12
- Trained six servers in the fundamentals of fine dining.
- Earned the promotion to Head Server after less than twelve months; longest tenure by any candidate.
- Awarded “Server of the Month” three times in a row for best service, quality performance, and leadership. Recipient of both Excellence Awards during tenure as Head Server.
- Presented with Hands on Hospitality award for outstanding service contribution towards team growth and development; recognized at quarterly banquet attended by over one hundred persons.
- Promoted to shift supervisor following two years as Head Server; promoted twice within two years for continued best-in-class customer service results, exceeding beverage quota expectations by 35%.
To become a dining room server, a high school degree is typically required, or prior experience in the restaurant industry. A dining room server must be friendly, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, must have great stamina, must be knowledgeable about food safety, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Dining Room Server Resume Samples
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 1
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 2
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 3
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 4
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 5
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 6
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 7
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 8
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 9
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 10
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 11
- Dining Room Server Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up