Receiving Managers are tasked with gathering incoming warehouse supplies. Their duties include placing supply orders, receiving shipments to the warehouse, maintaining supply stock, reviewing warehouse procedures for receiving shipments, making sure safety regulations are being met, and training staff when necessary.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Receiving Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Receiving Manager resumes for your reference.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained the accuracy of inventory logs, master files/vehicle files, and driver’s manifests to ensure safe transporting of company goods.
- Established programs for receiving damaged products returned by customers; recognized by company as an outstanding performer.
- Liaised with support groups including Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Transportation, etc. to improve internal processes; commended for outstanding contribution to business continuity plans.
- Achieved 99% customer satisfaction rate during annual customer surveys; identified needs and reinforced value of services provided by company through participation in trade shows and networking events.
- Tracked sales orders to ensure appropriate shipments; identified opportunities for sales growth; recommended channels for growth in Sales & Marketing.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 2
- In charge of organizing, pairing, and delivering orders from multiple warehouses to over 1.2 million customers.
- Structured process to place customer service as highest priority by consistently under-promising and over-delivering, completing the work well ahead of schedule, resulting in a satisfied workforce and a successful company.
- Reduced number of returns by 50% within one year through training employees about policies and procedures for returns; recognized for performance by Supervisor.
- Designed new cost-saving inventory control system that reduced overall product loss between warehouse locations as well as increased storage capacity by 10%; promoted to supervisor following success with the project.
- Substituted hand trucks for forklifts, reducing the company’s carbon footprint by eliminating 4,000 gallons of diesel fuel per year.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 3
- Monitored incoming shipments, inspected items for damage or defects, and verified invoices.
- Ensured that received materials were stored in an organized manner to facilitate production.
- Maintained receiving records by entering required data into computer system; recorded rejected shipments rejected due to non-compliance with company standards.
- Facilitated physical inventory by processing status updates 7 days a week over entire 16 hour shift.
- Provided leadership through example by maintaining the highest quality of work during off-peak hours when there was less supervision.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 4
- Streamlined the receiving processes for over 75% of the inventory, reducing defect rates.
- Minimized labor costs by eliminating three positions and using interns instead; saved $65,000 annually.
- Protected valuable assets by identifying theft cases in under one year. Increased inventory turnover by 20%.
- Cultivated teamwork to resolve delivery issues with customers quickly through data analysis that led to creative problem solving (after customer surveys).
- Reduced cycle time for order fulfillment from 21 days to 2 days after collaborating with other departments on better ordering practices; increased sales by 15%.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 5
- Completed all receiving reports on time, including the analysis of open issues.
- Streamlined customer order entry process by testing and implementing improved software for job completion times.
- Introduced two new procedures which improved accuracy of inventory counts by 30%, increased productivity, and reduced processing wait time.
- Increased average daily freight deliveries from 80 to 120; pioneered an innovative strategy allowing us to supplant another competitor company for this client’s business through differentiation in service offerings.
- Achieved 90% satisfaction rating during customer service survey; noted for prompt delivery of products ordered with utmost professionalism regarding confidentiality & security measures during product transport.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed and processed over $10,000 in account setup requests while ensuring the security of client information.
- Trained 5 new hires within 90 days; resulting in a 100% retention rate among trainees for all six months under my supervision.
- Achieved monthly revenue goals by following up with delinquent accounts and contacting customers to initiate payment plans.
- Enhanced our process efficiency by managing large telemarketing campaigns while tracking call data for customer feedback and direction.
- Implemented and administered a new workflow order management system that reduced production errors by 50%.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 7
- Mastered the art of receiving materials to identify problems with shipments.
- Effectively resolved delivery errors in a timely manner with carriers, vendors, and stores.
- Recognized by the company for outstanding performance in zone 3.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had received merchandise.
- Utilized process management principles to improve departmental productivity by 5%.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 8
- Received, recorded, and checked inventory.
- Performed quality control of products before shipment; ensured proper numbers of boxes, packing materials (i.e., foam fillers), markings of items received on packing list for storage facilities.
- Ensured compliance with all safety, supply chain management, regulatory requirements associated with receiving merchandise at facilities located in New York City.
- Tracked shipments via bar codes across multiple platforms during the transfer process (ibar code scanner)
- Achieved award for being an outstanding Supply Chain Coordinator; completed pre-arranged orders per customer requests within 48 hours or less by using supply chain automation tools to track inventory movements between warehouses and vendors across the globe.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 9
- Processed over 500 incoming truckloads of inventory within a month’s time to keep plant operations running smoothly.
- Reorganized the receiving department to improve accuracy in shipment arrival, location, and dispersal.
- Achieved union contract compliance with respect to non-union workers having similar duties as unionized workers after creating a position description for an outside part-time worker.
- Trained employees on policy updates, especially regarding security policies.
- Enforced workplace health and safety regulations by removing unsafe work conditions from warehouse shelves; one case resulted in a worker injury involving paramedics and police presence.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 10
- Established reorganized receiving processing procedures which streamlined customer service and expedited order fulfillment.
- Streamlined cross-functional operations to decrease costs, delays, and inaccuracies in processing customer orders by 78%.
- Consolidated all shipments received at four distribution centers into one central location for with improved access, reduced costs, and resolved several logistical issues related to chassis scheduling with transporters.
- Improved efficiency of inventory management department by 23% through evaluation of tags on back dock inventory before distribution.
- Implemented new software system resulting in fewer errors during store replenishment; increased accuracy from 75% to 93%.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 11
- Presented positive contribution statistics to the CFO at monthly meetings.
- Ensured high level of customer satisfaction by responding immediately to customer claims (over 25% reduction in task cycle).
- Reactivated inventory system; reduced workload turnaround time by 40%. Provided for accurate order processing.
- Developed leadership skills as Head Examiner, teaching over 50 employees how to lead and successfully pass examinations before performing their own jobs.
- Met aggressive goals (10% DRP) by identifying inaccurate shipment orders, resolving issues, and reworking materials before the order was sent out.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 12
- Received inventory from vendors and delivered to store locations according to the daily delivery schedule.
- Provided assistance with warehouse management for receiving, shipping, receiving inspections, damage investigation, and warranty claims.
- Trained new employees on how to become a productive team player by escorting them through their orientation process.
- Implemented corrective training plan for six months of poor performance.
- Enforced compliance with company safety standards during work hours by conducting weekly safety meetings and enforcing related disciplinary actions as necessary.
Receiving Manager Resume Sample 13
- Met or exceeded the following key performance indicators: on-time delivery, service level, and inventory accuracy.
- Reduced shipping costs for a major department store chain by 15% through streamlined order processing.
- Maintained inventory accuracy of 99.98% with loss of less than 5pcs/million items per year during tenure as warehouse manager.
- Inventoried over 500 pallets of paper products consisting of more than 20,000 packages in a single day; received award from supervisors for outstanding quality and productivity.
- Successfully negotiated trade agreements between two competitors to whom I provided mediator services regarding pricing conflict resolution.
To become a Receiving Manager, you will need a High School Diploma or equivalent, relevant experience is beneficial but not required. The skills needed for this position are leadership skills, communication skills, time management skills, ability to lift large items, ability to multitask, ability to work independently, and computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.