A Technical Support Associate helps a company manage their technical support. Their duties include providing technical assistance, making support calls, working a help desk, managing an IT team, working with executives and employees on core tasks, establishing policies and procedures, and setting up technology.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Support Associate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Support Associate resumes for your reference.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 1
- Resolved customer technical problems via telephone, email, instant messaging, and website using knowledge of PC components.
- Identified outdated and non-compliant hardware and software configurations; recommended upgrade solutions to users throughout the United States.
- Established a presence on social media communities; blogged current news and weather conditions along with company promotions.
- Achieved above-average production; completed a volume of job assignments in one day that was normally assigned over a four-day period by another associate.
- Discovered design flaws in websites; submitted suggestions for corrective changes that were accepted by the management team.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 2
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of applications, products, and infrastructure.
- Designed websites, authored software programs, and written technical documentation
- Established process for systems analysis, design, coding, testing, and integration of new systems as well as for upgrading existing systems.
- Defined process to ensure that all updates to existing systems are performed in compliance with standard security procedures.
- Constantly worked on understanding the implications of new technology on legacy products and related strategies.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 3
- Provided support to and assisted customers in a timely manner. Efficiently managed the flow of customer calls while adhering to company guidelines.
- Gained appreciation from a steering committee member for outstanding job performance.
- Earned an award for exceptional customer service; effectively resolved all customer issues.
- Promoted company culture and provided support by networking with peers on weekends, collaborating with team-mate sets, and sharing experiences.
- Was recognized for outstanding skills during an employee survey and for exceeding sales goals during the month of June 2010.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service, technical and operational expertise.
- Performed research, problem-solving, and testing on client-specific equipment.
- Applied expertise to software applications and products.
- Performed sales of a modified product line for complementary lines for expansion of the company’s market share.
- Assisted in planning, coordinating, and implementing systemwide solutions for enhancements to enterprise-wide capabilities in business applications services.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 5
- Handled more than 100 calls per day, increasing customer satisfaction rating by 15%.
- Optimized ticket quality standards to ensure data integrity and prevent system downtime.
- Identified and resolved accounts with potential abuse, fraud, or errors.
- Received awards for outstanding achievement, analyzing and resolving more than 3,000 tickets/month; developed solutions for customers with complicated IT issues.
- Completed certification requirements for Microsoft Certified Professional in MS Windows 7; met the deadline of project launch without retooling.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 6
- Tended to and installed, maintained, and repaired computer hardware and equipment; managed customer service desk.
- Maintained a work environment by cleaning dust, debris, dusting surfaces; ensuring all tasks were accomplished in a timely manner.
- Fixed and installed computer equipment for customer needs; supported customer service with different types of computers.
- Identified problem areas of various models to ensure customer satisfaction while remaining knowledgeable of technical specifications of equipment from any manufacturer.
- Qualified on an annual basis to receive superior performance awards for superior personal performance and support for customer satisfaction.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 7
- Provided high-quality technical support by gathering and recording information, solving technical problems, troubleshooting hardware, and providing excellent customer service.
- Assisted in the installation of two computer networks with over 200 machines through coordination and preparation of a project plan.
- Achieved the highest revenue, experience, and efficiency rates in the region; recorded over 5 years and 3 months consecutively of experience.
- Achieved first place on a team that competed against other teams from around the world to provide quality technical support; received recognition as best (tech) student of the class year 2003.
- Provided support to over 200 customers, in a period of 1,200 hours.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 8
- Provided technical assistance and solutions to users with complex problems regarding software, hardware, and networks.
- Organized support teams in preparation for natural disasters; successfully conducted emergency response exercises.
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and repaired operating system failures on a multitude of operating systems ranging from personally-owned laptops to enterprise servers.
- Established a quick-fix solution for an enterprise computer issue affecting approximately 1000 terminals within six hours; the issue was deemed unsolvable within the organization.
- Maintained 99% customer satisfaction on all calls handled by personal support staff.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 9
- Resolved tickets from inbound calls, emails, and voice mail efficiently through effective collaboration with operations, engineers, and other field technicians on all levels of customer service.
- Provided superior quality support to over 100 clients through professional networking and teamwork with offices nationwide; received award for outstanding performance.
- Proactively maintained clients satisfactorily by researching technical issues and providing solutions promptly.
- Assisted customers after hours when needed; responded to emergency calls within 5 minutes of notification.
- Reviewed calls while simultaneously conducting web research to find a solution or workaround was possible before calling the client back or connecting the engineer to the call.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 10
- Recognized for exceptional performance that far exceeded workplace expectations.
- Demonstrated outstanding initiative and creativity in resolving client problems and improving work efficiency.
- Achieved a 98% customer satisfaction rating based on feedback from clients (lack of customers).
- Received award for possessing outstanding knowledge to resolve technical problems relating to software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Demonstrated superior professionalism by effectively communicating with customers in both written and verbal formats while remaining flexible while addressing the diverse needs of customers with unique situations.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 11
- Troubleshot and repaired program, equipment, and network issues; resolved technical problems for company and clients; documented problems, resolutions, and follow-ups.
- Developed customer confidence by providing knowledgeable answers, assisting with troubleshooting complicated issues.
- Successfully implemented more than 20 hardware projects for data center hardware installation and maintenance; saved the company more than $6,000 in hardware replacement costs resulting from preventive maintenance.
- Trained peers on a variety of technical topics including but not limited to IPv4 Networking, Email Administration, Voice over IP (VoIP), Cisco Routers/Switches/Firewalls/VPNs/VLANs.
- Troubleshot, installed, and configured approximately 70 network devices including Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Gateways.
Technical Support Associate Resume Sample 12
- Resolved computer software issues promptly and effectively after analyzing and determining the cause of programs not functioning as expected.
- Provided exceptional service in a call center environment including prioritization of tasks, clear communication, completion of assigned tasks, and prompt action on customer requests.
- Initiated proposals for system efficiency by developing simple solutions for routine problems. Resulting in saved time; improved processes and reduced operational costs.
- Organized call center restructuring by developing cost savings which resulted in $15,000 annual savings for the company; awarded employee of the month for outstanding performance in cost reduction initiatives.
- Tested and evaluated all incoming software applications, developed a comprehensive list and maintained complete documentation of company protocols.
Many Technical Support Associates will have either an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited institution. Technical Support Associates must demonstrate a love of technology, management skills, coding ability, the ability to solve problems, the ability to explain complex tasks, empathy, and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.