Guitarist are musicians who specializes in playing one or more styles of guitars, they may freelance, be part of a band, or work for an educational institution. Their duties depend on their given employment but may include instructing classes on the instrument, playing background for singers, recording music and performing with a band, performing at events, and mentoring.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Guitarist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Guitarist resumes for your reference.
Guitarist Resume Sample 1
- Performed guitar repertoire that spanned three centuries.
- Maintained library of rare guitars and unique accessories that provided rich history of the guitar’s evolution.
- Played music by ear to accompany silent films.
- Exhibited prints of original artwork at various neighborhood restaurants and community events.
- Created handmade, decorative signs for several local businesses; @6 Used artistic background to create spray-painted caricatures for high school classmates; exhibited creativity through design work with the band.
Guitarist Resume Sample 2
- Performed at festivals, fairs, and concerts.
- Received numerous invitations to perform at local colleges.
- Created original music for commercials, films, and television programs.
- Performed with the North American Airshow Vol. 1 band for two years before being selected to be a member of the solo act.
- Won numerous awards in the Louisiana State Fair Band Competition for Louisiana State Fair Band winner awards in guitar, bass guitar, drums, harmony vocals .
Guitarist Resume Sample 3
- Assigned customers to appropriate representatives based on customer needs.
- Learned to play guitar, drums, and piano; gained the self-confidence to express feelings through music.
- Hidden my shyness behind an instrument; received grades much higher than average.
- Created music with diverse genres (pop, rock, rap), which allowed me to interact with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Documented my personal experiences through song lyrics, guitar tablature, and journaling.
Guitarist Resume Sample 4
- Formed a band that documented social issues through song lyrics that aimed to fight injustice through art and music.
- Played lead guitar with the band in concerts, won competitions.
- Designed album covers for band’s CDs.
- Taught techniques to aspiring young musicians at workshops and clinics.
- Created original designs that were used in CD booklets.
Guitarist Resume Sample 5
- Participated in camps to mentor young guitarists on music theory and style; allowed them to perform in public; served as celebrity judge at camp talent shows.
- Achieved several gold and platinum records.
- Performed in numerous venues across the United States and abroad.
- Received honors for my participation in several competitions.
- Performed with popular recording artists such as Prince, Stevie Wonder, and John Legend.
Guitarist Resume Sample 6
- Performed at prestigious venues such as Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, Carnegie Hall, Egegik Hall of the Arts, Winter Olympics event in Salt Lake City.
- Member of “The Jam,” a band that faithfully performed at charity events, fundraisers, and private parties.
- Instrumental in promoting the band’s albums and merchandise, such as T-shirts and posters, via social media and live performances.
- Created content for the band’s website and blog; composed music for band’s albums.
- Performed in concerts to promote the band; received recognition from the media for professional performances
Guitarist Resume Sample 7
- Contributed to album soundtracks with innovative musical techniques; received recognition from record labels.
- Crafted, designed, and fabricated various types of jewelry by hand to meet customer satisfaction.
- Served as a graphic designer for promotional items.
- Produced demos for independent artists with the use of GarageBand software.
- Completed projects on time by using skills in design, photo editing, and organizational skills.
Guitarist Resume Sample 8
- Collaborated with other musicians to increase their skill levels by offering feedback on performances and providing performance opportunities for them to gain experience.
- Supported the professional development of artists in the music industry.
- Launched a design talent search to help aspiring musicians with equipment and promotional services.
- Developed a creative strategy for a start-up company in the music industry.
- Mentored aspiring musicians in the practical application of their craft.
Guitarist Resume Sample 9
- Improved song writing skills for local composers by providing constructive criticism and feedback on their work.
- Played guitar for a community group for 10 years.
- Composed music and performed live during a benefit concert for the American Cancer Society.
- Performed at the headlining slot in a charity event with a top-rated performer in the music industry.
- Increased revenue by 30% by writing and performing original music in a restaurant four nights per week.
Guitarist Resume Sample 10
- Was selected to perform at a concert that raised funds for the Make-a-Wish Foundation, which was attended by hundreds of people from all walks of life.
- Instrumental in the formation of a club as a member of the Dallas Symphony Youth Orchestra’s (DSYO) Youth Philharmonic.
- Performed as soloist and conductor in several DSYO concerts and musicals.
- Performed as lead guitar and back-up guitarist for various bands.
- Played rhythm guitar and bass with several local bands and ensembles, including The Ties That Bind, The British Invasion, and British Invasion Experience.
Guitarist Resume Sample 11
- Wrote, arranged, and recorded four songs for the band “The British Invasion Experience” (Big Band).
- Received the appreciation award for the most innovative advertising campaign; designed many new flyers, pamphlets, and posters that increased sales.
- Achieved high sales revenue by creating new buzz on campus with live performances of original music for free; earned money to purchase needed equipment.
- Received award for outstanding creativity; reshaped old instruments into artistic devices.
- Won contest with self-created sample; earned $1,000 prize money to advance studies in music major.
Guitarist Resume Sample 12
- Participated in live footage on local news channel after winning regional talent competition; earned certificate after showcasing numerous new musical pieces written and performed during senior year.
- Performed and recorded four CDs of original instrumental music and did online mastering of another.
- Presented several solo concerts to over 1,000 people; played corporate events for local businesses; appeared on various radio and TV shows such as NBC’s “The Coolest Cooler” (made it on air #2), and WBZ “Greatest Hits”.
- Produced multi-media CD-ROMs with graphic design and lead guitar; created animated music videos for CD-ROM promotions; wrote numerous online articles for different websites.
- Foundered the World’s First Guitar & Banjo Duo while performing in two countries, six states, and six cities in the USA.
Guitarist Resume Sample 13
- Worked with prominent clientele including IBM, Prudential Real Estate, and Charter Medical.
- Performed 6-month acoustic solo concert schedules with 6-minute sets of original compositions with guitar, bass, piano, or two percussionists.
- Performed in theatre, radio broadcast, and television commercials for an array of clients.
- Recorded music in 5 studios, including digital recording with multiple digital input tracks; engineered CD of original songs; produced EP; managed own online domain name.
- Devised plans for producing album of original compositions, which included finding studio time, art work, printing costs, and the selection of musicians.
Guitarist Resume Sample 14
- Designed website for future release of musical compositions; conducted 6-month search for ancillary musicians; reached out to three groups.
To work as a guitarist you must be able to read music, be able to self promote, and have extensive skills with a guitar style; those wishing to go into educational settings may also need a degree in education or music theory. Guitarists must demonstrate excellent rhythmic skills, creativity, stage presence, punctuality, able to prioritize and follow through, professional demeanor, and be comfortable working independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.