An electronic technician works to repair, update, install and relocate electronic equipment in a wide variety of settings. Some focus on homes while others work in businesses and corporate settings, but all see a wide variety of different locations and types of works in their very versatile jobs.
How to Become a Successful Electronic Technician?
At a minimum, a high school diploma or a GED will be required to get started at most positions or the training programs they require. Some will require you to have an Associates degree or complete their own unique training program.
Another option is to seek out certificate programs to give you the skills or try to find a location that will allow you to learn through on the job training, as experience tends to be very important for this field.
Once you have been hired, you will usually be required to undergo a training period where you will be supervised to ensure you have the required skills for the job. It is very important to gain as much experience as you can while listening to your mentors.
Once you can work alone, you may be sent to many different environments and can choose to specialize once you start to find which work for you. Pay attention to whether you prefer working in homes or at businesses.
Some electronic technicians work with very large machinery, like boats or airplanes, and this particular branch of work requires a great deal of focus and attention to detail to make sure nothing goes wrong with the equipment.
The Best Electronic Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Electronic Technician resumes for your reference.
- Troubleshot, test, assemble, disassamble and perform visual inspection of electronic and electrome- chanical assemblies.
- Perform inspection and disposition of electronic/mechanical parts and equipment.
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of PLC systems onboard a ultra deepwater drillship.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair Kongsberg DP and K Chief automation systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-hydraulic systems including rig and drilling systems.
- Assist team in maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical/electronic systems and equipment.
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair Fire and Gas detection systems.
- Ensure all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, proper functionally and minimum failures.
- Modify equipment in a timely manner and only in line with official modification.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance repairs, overhauls, tuning, troubleshooting, and testing on company mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Participated in well-site operation to develop an understanding of the application and operating condition of WS equipment.
- Use strong knowledge of both analog and digital circuit theory to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to component level using schematics and electronic test equipment.
- Perform electronic and environmental testing of new production gyro-based survey systems.
- Repair in-house field gyroscope systems to the component level.
- Use skills and experience to improve and innovate Engineering Department projects.
- Perform diagnostics and testing of ATM assemblies both mechanical and electronic.
- Diagnosed reported problem to root cause, initiated repairs, and returned product to serviceable condition.
- System troubleshoot, repair and test of CCIM ATM and all sub modules.
- Troubleshoot pumps, blenders, TCVs, Hydration, Chem-Add and cable building with constant supervision.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic equipment including programmable logic controls (Direct Logic 405), NI cRIO-9025 Controller, HMI Screens, power supplies, instrumentation, J1939, PWM, gages and test equipment.
- Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electronic/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for different equipment, SAP.
- Tested, installed, maintained, synchronization all electrical equipment, computers and military grade simulators.
- Read electrical systems diagrams for the installation of multiple computers.
- Conducted electrical troubleshooting operations while using a variety electrical measuring equipment.
- Maintain, carry out problem solving solutions on PLC, communication, and networking control systems.
- Ensure daily inspections, maintenance, logs, and reports on all electronic equipment are carried out accurately.
- Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of different parts, components, tools.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles.
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electronic instruments or testing equipment to component level.
- Review existing electronic engineering criteria to identify necessary modifications to outdated material.
- Responsible for diagnosing, testing and repairing devices by following electrical repair procedures.
- Handled the responsibility of repairing test equipment and electronic components.
- Maintained electrical systems and equipment to ensure the effective operation of system and services.
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain frac pump trucks, chem van trailers, blenders, hydration units, Datavans, coil tubing equipment, cementing services equipment, radios, gauges, flowmeters, pressure transducers, control equipment for fracing, coil tubing, cementing servies.
- Calibrated and monitored devices following installation.
- Maintained software and computer upkeep on Datavans along with communication lines to various equipment.
- Perform specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
- Troubleshoot and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
- Provide regular feedback to Regional Service Representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues.
- Complete administrative duties & documentation, including: incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance and site and system documentation.