A Communications Manager needs to be able to work well with a range of people, from upper management to co-workers and clients. They must be strong communicators and possess excellent written communication skills. The top skills for this position are communication, project management, organizational skills, written communication, customer service/problem solving, verbal communication, and leadership. A bachelor’s degree is usually required in this field; however, leadership or business experience can be helpful.
The Best Communications Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Communications Manager resumes for your reference.
- Produced and consulted on high-profile company video initiatives such as content for HPE Discover, HPE Summit and external commercial campaigns such as HPE Pointnext and HPE Smart Spares Box services.
- Assembled task force to overhaul and improve the GSD SC Onboarding experience.
- Lead the Voice of Workforce Council which promotes the best employee experience and workplace environment through analysis of the annual VoW Survey.
- Researched and interpreted market trends in the USA and overseas.
- Wrote a proposal for the company’s restructuring of business practices to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Write, design, and publish a quarterly newsletter that is distributed to all clients.
- Create logos, layouts for brochures, and other internal and external media.
- Develop and oversee a marketing and communication plan to promote various programs, initiatives, and events that further the mission of the National MS Society.
- Coordinate interviews to promote fundraising, special events, and educational programs.
- Developed four training programs for employees to improve job performance and increase profits.
- Work with key staff throughout DHHS to turn complex policy and program information into clear and concise messages for diverse audiences.
- Create and implement communication plans and strategies to support key programs and initiatives.
- Develop proactive communication and crisis communications – including talking points, speeches, fact sheets, and background briefings on current policies and issues.
- Identify, research, and promote department and division accomplishments and initiatives through public events, and newsletter articles.
- Redesigned an operational manual to increase customer feedback, sales, and customer retention.
- Affiliate of international disaster relief organization specializing in an emergency shelter following disaster or conflict.
- Oversight of donor print and online communications: Appeals, annual report, invitations, program collateral, email campaigns.
- Website administrator through three platforms including Drupal and WordPress. Content management, technical support, and analytics.
- Moderated a monthly convention for a productive discussion between top management staff on short-term and long-term projects and strategies.
- Mentored and advised members of management regarding priorities in business operations, growth, and profitability.
- Collected, analyzed, and created easy-to-understand reports with excel used to make constructive business decisions for clients.
- Conducted meetings with local clientele on a monthly basis to discuss management and revenue practices.
- Reviewed accounts that generate $18.5 million dollars monthly in revenue.
- Assisted clientele in managing marketing processes such as social media accounts and public events.
- Established company by-laws to maintain organizational structure.
- Responsible for deploying all visual and written assets throughout all of Ligonier’s digital properties and social media.
- The primary point of contact for any departmental communication needs.
- Implementation of all new digital organizational tools for the Ligonier Communications Department.
- Developed a corporate mission statement to foster growth, integrity, and development.
- Directed the production of a newsletter of over 3,000 members, known as the Capital City Business Network.
- Managed events including business meetings for over 600 employees and the 170th anniversary of the company for over 1,000 employees including a cruise on the Seine River, within the budget.
- Led the creation of a corporate video to promote the company and others videos presenting the different jobs with testimonials of the employees.
- Planed, directed, and coordinated media strategy. Wrote, reviewed, and edited articles and press releases.
- Established and maintained good relationships with media representatives.
- Co-wrote and distributed e-mail campaigns to close a multi-million dollar client relationship within 35 days using Salesforce.com.
- Prepared reports, drafted correspondence, and managed communication plan deliverables sent to the business.
- Created, tracked, and scheduled 5-10 communications on a weekly basis.
- Managed and tracked communication records for reporting to the Vice President and 5 Executive Directors.
- Developed integrated campaign strategy for accomplishment goals, including a sales quota established by management in 45 days to $20 million worth of sales!
- Used sophisticated report creation abilities to produce 20 different reports in less than one month; implemented daily performance monitoring system on computers and other devices.
- Upgrading and redesigning a website with a customer-centric approach by connecting visitors with how GlassWood’s advantages can benefit their construction needs and purchase decisions.
- Strengthening presentations used for trade shows, proposals, and webinars by incorporating innovative message strategies, dynamic illustrations, and proven practices.
- Enhancing and managing marketing collateral’s graphic design, messaging, and brand appeal.
- Stepping up into vital roles in Information Technology and Human Resources within a small-team environment by managing team’s computers, email, software, cloud, telephones, employee-handbook overhaul, issue troubleshooting to resolution, domains, and securing sensitive data.
- Recognized for creative thinking by the leadership team in three areas resulting in productivity increase and enhanced communication among staff members.
- Meticulous management led to the responsibility to ensure 100% accountability for more than 1,020 items of communications security keying material and security equipment daily.
- Coordinate work schedules, organized workflow, train personnel, and served as office manager.
- Counsel military members in their rights and responsibilities concerning on-the-job problems and issues.
- Designed and implemented special events, promotions, and marketing campaigns demonstrating a high degree of creativity, understanding, and technical skills.
- Conducted ten years of research into the communications industry as a means to better understand various aspects of business that relate to marketing effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual communication plan and event messaging in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on donor strategy and engagement.
- Develop varied and complex communications, including graphic design, copywriting, and editing for print and digital applications.
- Produced 12 community-oriented promotional brochures which increased awareness of Saint Vincent College among prospective students in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
- Worked with college officials to promote the college during national trade shows conducted by the American Marketing Association in New York City.
- Develop and manage online marketing campaigns effectively driving brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to social media pages.
- Continuously monitor and assess social media marketing strategies to determine the rate of return.
- Write and edit internal and external online content and press releases.
- Coordinate and execute special events and fundraisers including facility selection, contracting, pricing, transportation, food and beverages, and audio/visual services.
- Developed a strategic plan for strategic analysis, with creative use of segmentation data in establishing target markets for new business opportunities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.