A functional consultant has expertise in SAP and provides technical knowledge to clients. A functional consultant’s duties include business assessments, implementing direction, providing training sessions, running tests on computer systems, setting up procedures to put in place, and consulting with clients on technological matters.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Functional Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Functional Consultant resumes for your reference.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Led a 4 person team providing technical support to the New York City Hospitality Industry. Analyzed customer requirements and developed functional specifications for software and interfaced with developers.
- Managed, scheduled and executed testing of new system releases and enhancements; evaluated defects and suggested resolutions; successfully implemented all production changes within budget while maintaining project deadlines.
- Oversaw daily development operations by ensuring quality standards were met while simultaneously improving output by 20%; streamlined weekly reporting procedures to increase departmental awareness of progress.
- Introduced performance management system ensuring proper tracking for resource allocations; increased availability from acceptable bench mark by 15%.
- Pioneered efforts in driving company-wide process improvement across six major business processes.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Provided technical support in upgrading, testing, training, and troubleshooting networks for up to 200 users.
- Enabled the company to meet four years of profitability by recommending necessary hardware updates without increasing monthly fees.
- Associated with success of three new initiatives; streamlined operations resulting in high performance at low cost.
- Spearheaded enterprise architecture project; directed design and development of data center management solution that saved $40M annually.
- Led international consulting team through 9 countries; performed environmental scan, created process/methodology document, trained local teams on deployment procedures.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Resolved over $100,000 in AR and AP.
- Identified and implemented process improvements and procedures resulting in an average weekly improvement of $500,000 for the customer.
- Developed new processes which increased lead time by 33%.
- Improved system performance to reduce calls from Analyst by 57% through re-engineering of existing system.
- Headed a project team to create an enterprise wide scheduling process. Oversaw creation of client-specific front end interface creating greater efficiencies for client operations.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Provided high-level functional and technical support for multi-national, $232 million account.
- Consulted on longest running Fortune 500 company in the world to ensure functionality and provide proper documentation and procedures.
- Developed new reporting system that improved reporting capabilities by 75%.
- Identified problem areas through review of Help Desk logs across all sites; reduced gap in service hours from 20% to 5%; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Assisted in development of a global consolidated system, resulting in the elimination of multiple systems, reduced response times from minutes to seconds, while providing a positive user experience.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Provided consulting expertise to resolve complex issues and optimize the operations of a user community.
- Hand-selected for participation in unofficial ISD working group which analyzed, adopted, and documented best practices relative to the company’s upgrade.
- Developed workflow procedures designed to provide system functionality while adhering to industry standards; recognized by management team as prime contributor after 90% decrease in problem tickets submitted.
- Reviewed job descriptions for accuracy; offered constructive feedback that was subsequently implemented to improve clarity within business units.
- Implemented plans supporting design/build projects including software documentation (SRS), hardware installation (LDM), training (learning systems, online help desk ticketing software), and network administration.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Pathbreaking work in the field of enterprise resource planning (ERP) for processes related to global financial organizations.
- Pioneered path for consulting team in designing high-performing solution architectures that are implementable, scalable, and maintainable at a large scale.
- Gained recognition from senior management & peers through exceptional customer service, bold communications skills, and the ability to deliver complex projects.
- Received Project Management Professional certification after 5 years of completing various methodology courses; developed well-paced plans for events with deadlines under difficult conditions.
- Identified opportunities within business units by analyzing performance metrics. Adjusted course accordingly by proposing business process improvements internally across functional.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Implemented QA process and system for correspondence testing documentation.
- Provided long term vendor support, resolved initial bugs, and established repeat business for company hardware/software products.
- Managed a group of 85 professionals, reporting directly to the Director of Operations, including budgeting and forecasting functions.
- Oversaw infrastructure upgrades from NT 3.51 to Windows 2000 Server systems along with Exchange 5.5 messaging services.
- Developed strategies for interfacing new software programs with existing client-server applications; initiated training sessions, created procedures manuals, and trained staff members on use of new programs during transition period from old to new system operation.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Identified $20,000 in forecasted cost savings within five months of recruitment.
- Achieved 85% customer satisfaction rating among most valuable customers for exceptional service.
- Invited to lead functional team with oversight for all staffing and project activities with multiple projects valued at over $100M.
- Developed an award-winning web portal that set new standards in IT service delivery; won “Best New Idea” state competition.
- Spearheaded design work for Help Desk Service Center which saved the company up to 6 hours per call with automated solutions.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Deployed new internet security system for web application hosting, providing double the previous protection while reducing server downtime by 50%.
- Conducted training sessions with clients to deliver new security upgrades and address concerns.
- Identified design issues within the new software platform that led to data loss; introduced solution that cut downtime in half.
- Troubleshot database corruption issue while maintaining database availability status of 99.99%.
- Provided functional enhancements for Windows-based timecard processing application, increasing productivity by 15% within three months after implementation.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Utilized Delphi development environment, client server technology, and object-oriented techniques to provide high quality custom software solutions to business problems.
- Implemented new procedures for preparing project budget requests including historical P/L statements.
- Designed a web-based interface designed to allow the entry and editing of data on various tasks associated with individual projects.
- Enhanced performance and productivity among Project Managers by developing standardized guidelines and models for the design and current status reporting of project plans.
- Facilitated resolution of issues between PMs and functional staff; identified problem areas within the process that were inhibiting resumption of project activities.
Functional Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Certified seven different programs, seven years total.
- Managed 250 employees; wrote an international company standard operating procedure for one of the largest projects.
- Recognized by top management for innovation leading to 30% increase in productivity.
- Grew revenue stream by 300% through new markets and refocused existing markets; recognized as the #1 salesperson two years consecutively.
- Identified process improvement opportunities resulting in $2 million annual cost reductions for company; given three awards for exceptional service and performance (highest achievable).
To become a functional consultant, at least a bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field is required, in addition to a SAP certification. A functional consultant must be analytical, must be a problem-solver, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be an expert with computers, must be able to work in a team, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.