An IT Systems Administrator assists and provides support to clients with on-site server and network support. Their responsibilities include controlling physical network devices, installing Fingerprint readers, configuring Fingerprint readers, installing security systems, plannning to recover system data, and implementing a surveillance system.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Systems Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Systems Administrator resumes for your reference.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Performed daily backup & restore of data; maintained logs for system server, database server, and application servers.
- Maintained database security by validating configuration settings against established security policies.
- Systemically repaired most system problems to ensure efficient functioning of the assigned systems; supervised 2 IT staff.
- Vendored hardware and software necessary to ensure efficient functioning of the assigned systems; promoted efficient meeting of service/uptime requirements.
- Reduced RSLT (Risk-Based Sharing Technology) costs by 90%; identified potential problems prior to catastrophic failures; perfected accuracy of environmental monitoring software implementation.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Resolved all service requests for credit issues; ensured systems were up and running; quickly fixed problems; made recommendations for improvement; completed annual service contracts.
- Created and maintained packages using Microsoft products (Excel, Access, Outlook, SQL Server).
- Accounted for all expenses related to business allocations.
- Maintained enhanced systems by performing preventative maintenance checks on computers; properly used software applications; corrected deficiencies in networks. supervised one other IT worker.
- Trained new employees to use computer applications.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Designed and integrated a data-warehousing system; recognized by ITC for outstanding achievement.
- Planned the conversion of an online customer service application; recognized by ITC for an outstanding effort.
- Trained first-line customer service staff; enhanced first-line service efficiency.
- Conducted the first line of online customer service; handled customers’ needs in an exemplary manner.
- Achieved award for extraordinary work performance; contributed to the success of customer care center.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Implemented and maintained computer systems and networks according to established policies, procedures, and methods.
- Established methods to identify problems, troubleshoot system malfunctions, and resolve them quickly.
- Prevented network disruptions by implementing effective management systems such as server backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Scanned computer codes to identify security breaches; corrected weaknesses by making modifications, repairing issues, and replacing damaged hardware within a relatively short period of time.
- Maintained a top-notch performance by maintaining a professional, professional, and functional appearance.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in the installation and configuration of new computer hardware and software.
- Designed and installed a midsized network to utilize Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Provided full-time technical support to field employees of a smaller telephone company who were utilizing the company’s telephone system.
- Maintained an active presence on social networking sites, ensuring all users of IT Systems were aware of important security updates and updates on upcoming events such as website downtime or upgrades. Also communicated with users to ensure all issues were resolved.
- Provided project management for company websites, ensuring they remained functional in a timely manner.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Improved servers’ capacity by 15 percent without increasing hardware; recognized by the Director of Technology for outstanding performance.
- Promoted to the position of consultant after only three months of employment, demonstrating my commitment to customer service and quality work.
- Received Best Unity Developer Award for creating a program that increased software efficiency by 20 percent.
- Received praise from clients regarding my dependability and quick response time when responding to issues or concerns regarding their servers.
- Developed award-winning website; created an aesthetically pleasing design while meeting business needs and objectives.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Implemented and monitored the daily activities of email and instant messaging monitoring; coordinated the installation of voicemail systems and telephones.
- Coordinated travel, arrangements, and airline ticketing as well as hotel reservations for business travel as well as vacations; arranged transportation to and from airport to destinations.
- Installed hardware such as servers, workstations, printers, telephones, fax machines.
- Supervised a team of system analysts who produced solutions to hardware compatibility issues with Apple’s OS/X operating system software.
- Coordinated the installation of Internet bandwidth upgrades for business purposes at client facilities.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Ensured uninterrupted operation of computer systems, applications, and networks.
- Maintained all network documentation; implemented new system security protocols.
- Achieved the highest performance rating in the department; maintained over 85% uptime on servers.
- Earned distinguished service award; provided rapid response to end users’ requests for technical support.
- Handled more than 15% of calls for help desk; resolved issues in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Tuned the network to accommodate the company’s growth rate. In 1996, I was required to build a new Ethernet network with a fast Ethernet switch connecting all servers and workstations.
- Adopted industry-standard applications that provided an environment of consistency within my department. This included an electronic mainframe training package from Microsoft, which provides customer service representatives with essential client services including client management tools, file repository tools, and e-mail functionality.
- Oversaw a team of five in a 32-hour day-long training program for Microsoft products.
- Adjudicated issues surrounding network connectivity, system installation, and customer service issues.
- Managed multiple networking sites for all devices in the department that included Cisco, Allied Telesis, and Lucent systems.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Recognized as an outstanding Key Account Manager, knowledgeable in all phases of the software cycle.
- Promoted to be one of the top System Analysts in the company for understanding and implementing complex enterprise solutions.
- Identified as a high potential employee; received stock options and an increase in salary.
- Achieved recognition at a national conference as one of the top three technical people in my field.
- Received award for excellence in programming and innovation; wrote code that improved customer service significantly and contributed to major revenue increases for my company.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Programmed software to manage loan origination, payments, and service history.
- Researched the compatibility of printer drivers with computer application software.
- Compiled basic accounting data for internal use.
- Assisted in the processing of accounts payable for payment in preparation for bank reconciliations.
- Performed general office duties required in order to meet the needs of the office, including filing, faxing, photocopying, and distribution of information to appropriate individuals.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Designed and implemented a company-wide computerized inventory control program.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of custom software programs for the following departments: human resources, information services, accounting, and general ledger.
- Designed and installed a multi-user network that linked twelve facilities into a high-capacity intranet backbone. Enabled employees to gain immediate access to all company data via their desktop computers.
- Designed, programmed, implemented, and maintained an automated mail system for sending out notices of important events or deadlines.
- Created and managed a network data transfer command center that allowed direct access to shared files, systems, and printers.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Analyzed and implemented new technologies to support our business processes.
- Implemented and upgraded network infrastructure and systems.
- Designed and implemented enhanced security measures for the organization’s information systems.
- Processed business data with sensitive financial data.
- Developed custom data entry programs for client needs.
IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Collaboratively solved complex issues; responded to client requests for assistance promptly using best practices to communicate with client representatives.
- Provided solutions that met the needs of the client while adhering to the scope of the work order.
- Achieved recognition throughout the industry for expertise regarding wide area network topologies, network protocols, and emerging technologies, including wireless.
- Earned praise from clients for active participation in discussions regarding new projects; contributed significant ideas that led to implementation success.
- Participated in committees that provided recommendations to company executive leadership.
To become an IT Systems Administrator, you need a bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field. An IT Systems Administrator must be analytical, must be an expert with computers, must have excellent organizational skills, must keep current with technological trends, must be detail-oriented, must be adaptable, and must be able to work independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Systems Administrator Resume Samples
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 1
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 2
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 3
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 4
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 5
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 6
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 7
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 8
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 9
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 10
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 11
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 12
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 13
- IT Systems Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up