Package handlers are responsible for the general upkeep of their assigned shipping areas. Duties include loading and unloading packages, sorting packages, delivering packages to post offices for sorting, operating forklifts and other specialized equipment, handling packages that may be damaged, assisting customers with purchases or shipping issues, and reporting damages or losses to supervisors. The top skills for this position are physical stamina, customer service, problem-solving ability, organization skills. A high school diploma is required for this position with no additional schooling.
The Best Package Handler Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Package Handler resumes for your reference.
- Sorting packages and placing them on sorting machines that transfer the goods to loading docks.
- Ensuring the safe and successful transfer of goods and packages to their intended destination.
- Loading/Unloading packages and parcels on and off under the instructions received by the supervisor.
- Communicate efficiently with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the team.
- Performed prompt and accurate package handling while operating an automated lift.
- Utilized different technology including but not limited to scanning locating tools to track merchandise as it is being shipped to and from different locations.
- Familiar with recognizing different types of scanning systems used by businesses for the purpose of merchandise shipment and location.
- Organize hundreds of packages daily for the purpose of ensuring quality customer service.
- Capable of communicating with supervisors and co-workers for the purpose of ensuring prompt and efficient service.
- Analyzed packages and tracked incoming and outgoing packages according to courier schedules.
- Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, pallets, conveyor system carts, and load gratings.
- Lifts carry, push, and pull packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
- Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers, memorizing information, and sorting packages accordingly.
- Observed mailroom procedures; performed duties relating to mail sorting, bulk express, truck loading, and delivery of shipments.
- Tracked retention records; performed duties in the back office while working with cross-functional teams on a daily basis.
- Recognized by the shipping department for timely completion of goals assigned by management.
- Handled over 10,000 packages in a thirty-day period; achieved the highest level of performance for that month.
- Generated a record increase of 10% in sales by provoking buyer response through innovative marketing techniques.
- Helped close a $17.5 million dollar deal resulting from responsiveness to customers’ needs and search for new product development opportunities.
- Successfully handled five international accounts with cooperation from Canada, China, Germany, Mexico, and other countries.
- Obtained first-team All-League honors during 11 out of 12 years for football; chosen by opponents as team captain three times; named defensive MVP twice.
- Carried 100+ pound weighted bags of production materials through a rough and tumble manufacturing environment.
- Performed heavy duty lifting and carrying duties for the department in order to meet production schedules.
- Completed errands for employment supervisors as a favor with a smile, even when things went wrong.
- Showed compassion to all with kindness and respect. Never turned down an opportunity to help anyone.
- Assembles, lines and pads, crates, and containers manually to prepare them for shipment.
- Examine and inspect containers to make sure their ready to be transported to the customer.
- Pulls out packages that are improperly labeled sealed or backed for processing.
- Uses a variety of tools to prepare packages for shipping including box sealing tape, heat sealer staple gun, and stretch wrap.
- Trained and mentored two employees, offering suggestions on how to become successful and productive within the company on their own initiative without supervision or micromanagement.
- Utilize tracking software to accurately track and move boxes to destinations.
- Prepare trucks for deliveries with organized and efficient loading of vehicles.
- Brace, pad, and support shipments to prevent shifting and damage.
- Conveyed information about shipping times, insurance, and delivery costs accurately.
- Handled high-volume packages with efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Promoted from loader to picker because of a strong work ethic and high efficiency noticed by supervisors.
- Responsibility for making sure which packages are on the correct or incorrect belt increased from one tractor-trailer to multiple belt lines leading out to multiple tractor-trailers.
- Responsible for setting up workstations for teammates and ensuring RF scanners were operational before the start of the work shift.
- Initiate communication and coordinate with teammates to maximize flow on loading belts and load trailers as fast as possible.
- Maintained a safe and clean working environment by following all safety procedures.
- Sorting boxes on a conveyer belt; always following the correct warning labels.
- Organizing and stacking the boxes onto the correct carts and pallets.
- Make sure all packages get to the correct destination in the warehouse, whether it is QA, Damages, or a van set.
- Followed all DOT regulations and procedures while loading, unloading, and weighing freight.
- Wrote reports on daily work schedules; submitted reports to the Transportation Services Manager for distribution to all Package Handlers.
- Maintain the integrity of shipments to preserve the condition of products during loading, unloading, and packaging.
- Coach and assist newly hired [company name]s in packaging, loading, unloading safety, and navigation protocols.
- Demonstrate quality training by developing methods and techniques to help my peers fully understand and quickly learn specialized procedures in the transporting and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Achieved recognition as an “Employee of the Month” for exemplary performance and outstanding customer service.
- Handled vacuum and washer bags.
- Assemble product containers or crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Delivered packages from truck to the warehouse on time, or less all day long.
- More in-depth responsibilities include billable hours and accounts receivable.
- Take and study orders for package picking and ensure that they are understood properly.
- Pick packages from storage areas and ensure that the information provided on them coincides with work orders.
- Read package information (address, barcode, and label) to determine where to look for the package.
- Ensure that cycle counting and inventory control procedures are handled in an efficient manner.
- A significant part of the job was known as “pre-packaging”.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.