Transportation Supervisors are responsible for all operations that rely on vehicle use within a company. Their duties include monitor transportation activities, supervise personnel, training employees, manage transportation databases, dispatching vehicles, and managing financial accounts.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Transportation Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Transportation Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Managed five drivers and two passengers to integrate a department’s daily operations and improve customer service.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by CEO.
- Led a team of seven employees to achieve a win-loss record of almost .800.
- Managed two trucking companies who averaged over 1 million miles traveled per year, fifteen hours on the road, and 12,000 drives per month.
- Performed projects within the industry under most adverse conditions with minimal disruption or inconvenience.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Restructured the shipping department to improve ship-on-time delivery rates.
- Led the development of new systems resulting in reduced overhead costs and theft.
- Instrumental in improving credit scores for customer service representatives.
- Convinced upper management of the need to invest in new equipment resulting in reduced shipper’s complaint rates.
- Directed personnel responsibilities for an over $1M budget, cutting costs by $150K annually by managing fuel consumption and purchasing practices with outside transportation companies.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Responsible for supervision of truck drivers on the inspection dock to ensure the safety and security of incoming shipments.
- Utilized effective time management skills to complete daily paperwork.
- Supervised the loading and offloading of trucks for on-time delivery on a weekly basis.
- Managed operations within operating budget; arranged schedules with employees; established new training programs.
- Motivated employees through recognition, incentives, and teamwork; facilitated cooperation between multiple departments.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Coordinated company drivers during the transportation of freight.
- Restored business customer trust by resolving several accounts receivable issues resulting from cargo damage, delayed deliveries, and extended delivery times.
- Hired a new driver after a failed drug test and established a sound work ethic through positive reinforcement.
- Adhered to the terms of the Comprehensive Driver Improvement Act while maintaining a clean log book for all commercial vehicles.
- Secured an increase in business from an existing client by providing reliable transportation services during a state legislative hearing.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated and supervised departmental personnel.
- Created a daily maintenance report on all the non-contracted trucks on a daily basis.
- Investigated and solved problems with customer complaint reports.
- Reviewed and revised reports on a daily basis.
- Approved overtime pay for employees including those who work at second jobs to prevent late payment from suppliers.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Managed transportation to ensure timely delivery of goods, consistent performance of drivers, and passenger safety.
- Established sound relationships with inspectors to encourage efficient performance.
- Managed multiple external vendors to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Trained transportation supervisors on how to accurately track vehicles against vehicles in its fleet.
- Developed new methods for identifying, forecasting, and ordering supplies based on customer needs and quality control standards.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Designed and operated a multi-modal transportation system.
- Maintained an accurate schedule for moving raw materials, components, and finished goods.
- Directed employees to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Spoke two foreign languages in a professional setting in both a work and personal environment.
- Developed managerial skills in negotiating with customers and suppliers to ensure an effective flow of goods from one location to another.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Directed the daily operations of 12 tractor/trailer vehicles within assigned routes, including loading and unloading of freight, customer service activities, and maintenance.
- Consistently received the highest level of customer feedback with regard to my professionalism, courtesy, and driving skills.
- Adhered to federal safety standards for proper driver rest time while traveling on company vehicles.
- Maintained an on-time record for 100% of all shipments while addressing customer concerns in a professional manner.
- Recognized by the VP of Sales for handling difficult high-priority customers at drop-off points in a timely manner while maintaining company standards for professionalism and integrity.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Supervised truck drivers to follow safe driving practices, minimize fuel consumption, and meet delivery schedules.
- Directed truck driver training to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Documented labor productivity, fuel consumption, and equipment maintenance costs.
- Trained drivers in safe driving techniques to improve safety performance.
- Became a Certified Safety Manager for the company’s forklift program.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Redesigned shipping routes to eliminate logistical errors, minimized transportation costs, and maximized customer satisfaction.
- Oversaw the development of a new shipping department to minimize shipping costs and provide training for new employees.
- Achieved the creation of a tracking system that identified specific root causes as to why shipments were delayed or missed as well as prevent future delays.
- Established systems and processes that resulted in accurate record keeping at all times; providing information used by management to create data-driven business decisions.
- Complemented the organization’s commitment to safety and environmental responsibility with minimum downtime and zero accidents or incidents within a newly created delivery route.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the transportation of passengers and freight.
- Directed a staff of 100-150 employees to ensure a high level of service to customers.
- Certified FMCSA drivers in CDL A up to date with DMV requirements.
- Managed multiple rail yards to maintain freight schedules with accuracy.
- Trained carrier agents in proper entry procedures for picking up parcels from warehouse.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Created policies and procedures for vehicle inventory, maintenance, and loading.
- Lost less than 5% of transportation assets to theft or vandalism in first 3 years on the job.
- Participated in capital projects with the local trucking company to implement better technology for tracking of shipments within the region.
- Managed internal processes across multiple levels to improve efficiency.
- Effectively managed internal budgeting to meet continual budget reductions from budget cuts from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Supervised inside and outside moves for Residential, Household Goods, and Business.
- Monitored the operation of customer vehicles that were used to fulfill deliveries.
- Improved customer satisfaction through acknowledgment of complaints, addressing issues to meet customers’ expectations, and reducing stress to customers during moves.
- Trained, supervised, and developed three new employees by providing effective feedback on job performance according to guidelines set by the company.
- Consistently coordinated with customers at their convenience; provided information relating to service delivery including time frame for delivery.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Oversaw the flow of goods, personnel, and information through a global logistics network.
- Successfully negotiated with shipping lines to obtain the needed transportation services at competitive prices.
- Managed multiple purchasing sources from around the world to ensure that shipping materials were accurately documented and delivered on time.
- Put into place labor-saving procedures utilizing key equipment to streamline daily tasks.
- Recognized for significant contributions in improving efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction levels by three customers who had applied for a loan.
To work as a Transportation Supervisor you will need a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, although some companies may require a two or four year degree. Transportation Supervisors must exhibit an extensive knowledge of the Department of Transportation regulations, organizational skills, oral communication skills, writing skills, mathematical skills, multi-tasking skills, leadership skills, reading-comprehension skills, and the ability to work under pressure in order to succeed.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.