A lead pharmacy technician attends to all customers. In the operating team, they are responsible for welcoming customers, receiving their prescriptions, entering their data into an information system, packaging the drugs as prescribed, check for errors in packaging, follow the laws governing drug dispensing, maintain records and assist pharmacists by performing delegated tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Lead Pharmacy Technician resumes for your reference.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 1
- Promoted to Lead TMA and responded to increased call volume by improving staff’s abilities and increasing their efficiency.
- Identified opportunities for improvement in Pharm-Tech testing protocol by conducting analysis of processing speed, accuracy, and cost.
- Provided leadership to stock services department at over 40 weekly meetings; instilled team spirit by way of pre-meeting pep talks and updates.
- Improved data entry accuracy from 65% to 95% through revising standard operating procedures; recognized as “Most Improved Technician” in monthly award ceremony.
- Recruited, trained, motivated, coached and led a full time pharmacy technician & trainee staff 8 technicians and 4 trainees.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 2
- Reviewed and confirmed new prescriptions for patient safety according to pharmacy policy.
- Trained new employees on complicated prescription-filling procedures. Arranged product displays that drive sales and increase efficiency of pharmacy technicians’ work flow.
- Mentored pharmacists on proper documentation techniques during new medication research, ensuring state compliance with a paperless system before mandated deadline.
- Developed a niche at the front end of pharmacy by maintaining a clean, safe space for patients to wait while facilitating finalization of their medicine orders.
- Investigated customer complaints about prescription quality or filling errors to ensure accuracy in labeling information and processing time requirements.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 3
- Strengthened and contributed to team effort in providing quality pharmaceutical care by processing all prescriptions accurately.
- Received recognition from Manager for exceptional performance in processing prescriptions accurately and timely.
- Coordinated work with other technicians to ensure coordination of patient refills, notification to physicians about patient allergies, medication contraindications, and drug interactions.
- Performed professional duties in providing pharmacy care; ensured proper storage and disposal of controlled substances.
- Authored a comprehensive five-year strategic plan that describes the functions and key objectives of the pharmacy department that improved turn around time for pharmacists and accuracy rate of filling prescriptions.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the preparation of a variety of medications to include infusions, antibiotic therapies, and chemotherapy.
- Prepared blood prior to infusion for clinic patients.
- Monitored medication orders from prescriber and performed necessary verifications.
- Spearheaded the Pharmacy Technician Auxiliary providing customer service to company’s patients including providing information regarding their prescription medications.
- Received employee commendation for going above and beyond in assisting a patient with her diabetes management.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 5
- Core responsibilities included receiving, stocking, and distributing a variety of pharmaceuticals.
- Collaborated with Pharmacists to ensure the medication was received in a timely manner and proper inventory is maintained.
- Cared for Veterans during their stay at the hospital by providing medications as prescribed by Physicians and Nurses.
- Trained new employees on tasks that include drug distribution, medication administration, daily counts under supervision of Lead Technician.
- Recognized as an inspiration to others through my strong work ethic which reflects upon those around me. Exceptional leadership skills developed over years of experience.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 6
- Efficiently processed over 1,000 prescriptions per day.
- Collaborated with physicians to minimize medication errors by participating in weekly medication utilization review meetings.
- Assisted physicians during psychiatric emergencies; provided supportive counseling to grieving family members.
- Handled psychopharmacology cases; recognized for preparing an accurate and detailed patient profile within 24 hours of admission into the ward.
- Contributed to the hospital’s mission of providing high quality care through attention to detail, conscientiousness, people skills, dependability, and self-directed work ethic.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 7
- Accurately processed prescriptions, verifying patient information and insurance coverage by utilizing computer system.
- Provided exceptional customer service to every patient; made every effort to accommodate each individual need.
- Conducted audits of prescription orders for accuracy, compliance with federal healthcare guidelines, and overall quality standards.
- Represented the pharmacy at non-pharmacy events (e.g., flu shot clinics, health screenings); maintained positive public relations with community members for pharmacy services.
- Awarded “Pharmacy Technician of the Year” award; quickly recognized as one of top technicians in both performance and attitude at store level.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 8
- Provided leadership and guidance to pharmacy technicians by overseeing day-to-day activities.
- Branded a new departmental image by developing a customer service system for staff, patients, management, and physicians.
- Reduced costs by reducing drug errors through effective communication with nursing units. Identified opportunities for improvement in the process of care delivery through systematic analysis of data collected from patient satisfaction surveys.
- Received award as Pharmacy Technician of the Year; recognized for improving pharmacist productivity and customer relations while leading facility initiatives to implement quality standards.
- Gathered information from physician records that resulted in finding medical necessity issues on more than 150 prescriptions; resulting in7000 savings to medical plan plus 21,000 to state Medicaid plan.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 9
- Responsible for the accurate and timely filling of prescriptions by preparing appropriate medication containers.
- Receive congratulations from customers for speedy, courteous service; patient satisfaction increased as a result of my performance.
- Act as Drug Information Center Supervisor for pharmacy department by compiling drug information, authoring professional papers and presentations, coordinating continuing education seminars.
- Gained experience with Medicaid/Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit program to train patients on how to use plan benefits to reduce cost of medications.
- Received award for proper handling of hazardous waste materials before disposal at designated disposal site.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 10
- Reviewed automated reports for accuracy, identified discrepancies in dispensing records, and advised supervisor of potential problems.
- Promoted to lead technician after 3 years of experience; selected by peers for outstanding leadership capability.
- Became subject matter expert on hospital system’s self-service medication dispensing machines following training at the manufacturer’s facility.
- Analyzed drug shortages in specific categories, frequency of usage, and most common reasons for return. Identified need for alternate suppliers where available.
- Selected Employee of the Year during tenure with organization; recognized by managers and patients alike for professional excellence in all my duties performed within this role.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 11
- Created a composite document for Pharmacy Department – introduced the department to new software.
- Two years experience as a Pharmacy Technician, including one year in charge of maintaining inventory and stock levels.
- Provided exceptional customer service in an environment where speed is essential; received award from Director of Pharmacy for meeting standards set by pharmacies.
- Demonstrated expertise in coding process with 5 years experience; recommended changes in procedures leading to improved efficiency and patient care outcomes.
- Expertise in Patient Care Activity workflow process with ability to increase productivity per shift assignment.
To be considered as a lead pharmacy technician, you should have a high school diploma and certificate from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Essential skills include basic computer skills, strong communication skills, customer-oriented service, detail-oriented service, employment of safety precautions, organization and working with others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.