Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Coordinators are charged with upholding the health and safety systems within an entire organization. Common duties for this role are authoring safety training documents, conducting equipment inspections, conducting safety procedure audits, managing injury reporting and evaluation, handling worker compensation claims, and recommending improvements to safety systems.
To work as an HSE coordinator you must have a high school diploma or GED and be a certified safety professional (CSP). HSE coordinators must have knowledge of current and evolving safety standards, have excellent communication skills, be able to lead training and educational seminars, have good interpersonal skills, be excellent problem solvers, be able to work independently, and sometimes be able to manage employees.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best HSE Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real HSE Coordinator resumes for your reference.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Established a successful safety program that focused on the elimination of injuries at a plant, improved the plant’s HSE reputation within their industry and received several awards.
- Achieved over 99% compliance rate for environmental management system’s requirements with zero violations in all areas.
- In charge of an annual budget of $55 million while maintaining the department at 10 employees.
- Wrote and taught 15+ training courses on various health & safety topics to meet business objectives while also working closely with managers on site-specific issues.
- Responded quickly and efficiently to emergency situations and successfully eliminated or mitigated risks before they became emergencies. Also, created job descriptions for new hires.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Redesigned office layout to improve communication and increase worker productivity.
- Eliminated service downtime by facilitating replacement of critical equipment prior to its failure.
- Diagnosed, analyzed, and resolved multiple computer problems resulting from hardware failure or user error.
- Spearheaded introduction of new security system which reduced risk for personnel and assets against theft or espionage within a multi-national firm with 2,500 employees worldwide.
- Prepared a cross-functional team for an international merger by implementing communication tools that promote cooperation between departments across different locations.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Successfully implemented a corrective action plan that minimized costly machinery downtime and injury rate.
- Inspected over 200 work sites in the region, supported the certification of 16 new employees, and effectively deployed all HSE personnel to ensure compliance with regional procedures related to safety, training, environmental protection, emergency response, and regulatory rules.
- Maintained close working relationships with clients by ensuring timely communication including scheduling of regular meetings for inspection process review.
- Led a 5-day site assessment at a high profile client which identified opportunities for improvement in regards to training and auditing programs.
- Organized two conferences which distributed over 1 million dollars in grants to three different universities for research/projects related to workplace safety and emergency planning.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Responded to emergency situations, taking appropriate action to protect lives and property.
- Delegated responsibility for the performance of various tasks to other employees according to their abilities; ensuring maximum efficiency while minimizing potential risks.
- Improved environmental control through installation of an upgrade water filtration system which reduced chemical usage by 80%.
- Efficiently implemented new mandatory safety policies including Personal Protective Equipment usage, Hard Hat training, and Confined Space Entry Training.
- Promoted regular coordination meetings between management and labor to establish equitable labor-management relations that guaranteed fair treatment for all employees.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Provided administrative, clerical, and production support for large-scale environmental projects; managed contracts, subcontractors, project schedules.
- Maintained customer relations by responding to requests/inquiries from customers, following up on work results.
- Planned and coordinated departmental HSE programs/projects with the physical plant to ensure compliance with federal regulations as required by OSHA.
- Recognized as a “flexible team player” who provided support during the hurricane season .
- Presented innovative ideas for improving safety at a major chemical manufacturing site where I have worked for over nine years.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Organized and implemented HSE committees to promote awareness of health, safety, and security issues.
- Provided comprehensive training seminars on ergonomics, High-Priced Injury Prevention (HIP) program, respiratory protection, HAZMAT transportation training for employees at all job sites.
- Ensured 100% employee compliance with the Voluntary Protection Program by being fully compliant with OSHA requirements without a lost-time accident within a three year period.
- Initiated a company-wide emergency plan following FEMA guidelines so that business continuity planning could continue during times of emergency or crisis situations in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Redesigned an emergency plan for a government agency to meet requirements of employees whose jobs require them to work in isolation from the public.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Identified 6 new types of exposures not previously included in the HSE process, which led to new precautions for existing hazards.
- Promptly coordinated emergency response for all hazardous material spills with local fire department and authorities, preventing damage and injury.
- Developed an accident reporting system, leading to a decrease in incidents by 48% within one year; recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Resolved 21 worker complaints in the past two years through mediation, facilitating negotiations between workers and management.
- Delivered fast-paced presentations on safety procedures at corporate meetings, including several English-speaking events in Mexico City. Researched basic Spanish phrases so I could communicate more easily with Mexican employees.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Provided 1st and 2nd level coordination of safety functions while also conducting audits, inspections, investigations, training programs, and loss control activities for all locations.
- Ensured compliance with federal regulations by providing support to auditors during plant inspections. Identified potential areas requiring corrective actions that impact the site’s ability to meet company goals.
- Redesigned existing documents into comprehensive SDS manuals; managed material EHS data through SAP system.
- Received “Rising Star” award recognizing my dedication to continuous improvement in HSE performance improvement strategies including OWS effectiveness and EH&S compliance initiatives.
- Promoted to team lead of an international team of chemical engineers within 6 months of employment.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Performed daily building opening and closing responsibilities for over 1,632 employees.
- Reviewed monthly critical tasks with Information Security Team to reduce network downtime by ensuring proper maintenance of HSE policies.
- Supervised technicians during equipment installation projects to ensure installations occurred according to project parameters while adhering to ICT standard operating procedures.
- Detected potential fire hazards in computer room by sending e-mail inquiry about equipment placement; recommended corrective actions that ICT accepted and applied.
- Saved the company significant funds through promoting awareness of energy management issues by issuing rebate certificates. Email response resulted in payment worth $780 USD.
HSE Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Gained proficiency in office software, use of new technology to benefit job.
- Planned and executed bi-annual safety meetings for technicians on equipment maintenance and safety procedures.
- Via effective communication, increased awareness of hazardous materials on site by employees.
- Provided proper instruction on PPE usage to ensure no accidents while working with new machines from client’s request.
- Negotiated a more efficient contract that saved company time and money for routine events which reduced overall risk.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.