An administrative aide works in the office setting assisting with clerical and logistical needs. Duties include assisting visitors, reviewing schedules, answering phones, copying documents, making email responses, maintain a safe work environment, and maintain records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrative Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrative Aide resumes for your reference.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 1
- Typed up tally sheets for gold, silver, and bronze medals after the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
- Organized travel documents and schedules for international citizen-to-citizen visits between Greece and China in 2007.
- Learned basic Mandarin Chinese to provide support in translating for international visitors.
- Organized an annual business convention with a delegation of Greek businessmen from various countries in 2008.
- Managed the multi-state event in a single city in 2009.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 2
- Helped process five students into Harvard University.
- Reduced an office’s staff to a single clerk.
- Screened and processed all the daily mail, including letters from the president to the staff, as well as from banks to employees.
- Produced, revised, and re-typed memos from the assistants to the assistant administrator for distribution throughout the office.
- Performed general mechanical duties in order to maintain a running office equipment room.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 3
- Served as site administrator for a comprehensive campus-wide water and electricity conservation program that reduced the university’s annual operational costs by $10,000.
- Coordinated and managed an international student exchange program that provided overseas graduate education opportunities to 10 U.S. and 2 foreign students.
- Developed recycling programs with local businesses that reduced waste removal costs by 35%.
- Standardized campus computer hardware maintenance procedures for improved safety, support, and service.
- Launched a paperless financial management system that saved millions of dollars in physical storage space, supply purchases, utility usage, equipment maintenance, and staff time.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 4
- Organized daily administrative details of multiple departments in a national non-profit organization, while also performing the additional duties of the Personal Secretary.
- Ensured all correspondence and documents were kept up to date and updated accordingly.
- Performed file management, financial calculations, and timekeeping for staff.
- Held the responsibility of oversight contracts for conventions held in different states.
- Manifested great attention to detail by quickly resolving all administrative questions and concerns within the organization.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 5
- Assisted the administrative assistant in the office of a medical doctor.
- Assisted in health care exhibits at a science museum.
- Administered routine checks and balances for the office manager of a financial firm.
- Designed and designed communications to inform, promote, and market new products to the public on an annual basis.
- Promoted new hiring practices at an oncology support center by integrating business applications with human resources personnel.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 6
- Lowered expenses by over $1,000 for each client, while completing their taxes.
- Organized at least 30 state returns, income withholding/pay stubs, W2 forms, three individual 1040 returns, and four W-4s.
- Completed monthly tasks delegated by management to correct errors in employee time sheets.
- Worked with an independent contractor to help him write proposals for government contracts. This included gathering information on the requirements of the contract; developing plans; preparing plans; and preparing checklists to support his proposal.
- Returned a deposit to a client who was waiting for his refund.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 7
- Volunteered and trained as a marshal for over one year and participated in the planning and security of eight community festivals.
- Partnering with other volunteers, organized an after-school homework assistance program for high school students.
- Trained to completion of requirements to receive certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows XP Professional.
- Resolved customer problems with quality service via telephone at a medical facility.
- Mentored new employees by serving as an accepted leader to co-workers and subordinates.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 8
- Maintained a 12-hour schedule by processing, filing, and distributing a daily average of seventy letters and five hundred memos.
- Service improved after redesigning the office’s layout to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Decreased error rate after implementing new software to improve record-keeping and eliminate errors.
- Helped colleagues gain higher productivity as an assistant mentor in new computer programs.
- Worked as a team with positive vigor toward the common goal of unifying office operations after office merger.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 9
- Developed high-impact promotional documents for marketing on a variety of electronic and print media.
- Handled an average of thirty phone calls per day with client information, marketing data, proposals, and appointments.
- Expedited short-term executive requests by relaying necessary information within the organization.
- Provided accurate reports to top executives on a multi-state region of business operations.
- Performed an average of twenty hours per week over a four year period for Habitat For Humanity.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 10
- Completed and submitted necessary paperwork and correspondence for office relocation, new office equipment, and warehouse security.
- Continued the record-keeping of the current inventory of all incoming and outgoing items, ensuring accuracy throughout the whole process.
- Verified customer orders for matching with corresponding products on order forms to ensure accurate tracking of all merchandise.
- Scheduled new employees to receive orientation and training on new computer system while ensuring none were understaffed during shift.
- Established and maintained a file for office employee records containing information such as name, address, age, civil service number, medical records, etc.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 11
- Respected and supported the local, state, federal bureaucracies for over two years.
- Delegated tasks of responsibility and assignment of resources to keep the organization running efficiently.
- Aided in balancing the fiscal year’s books and approving annual budgets with a balanced outlook towards future needs.
- Performed office duties with efficiency and a keen interest in personal job responsibilities for over three years.
- Analyzed documents, brainstormed strategies, researched information, and completed a variety of clerical tasks with a great deal of attention to detail.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 12
- Prepared weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of financial transactions for review by board officers of a publicly traded corporation.
- Managed monthly data entry of more than 250 receipts of customer payments, royalty statements, and royalty payments.
- Maintained accurate records of invoices for software development services provided to the U.S. Government by personally monitoring federal contracts.
- Supported an average daily volume level of more than 4,500 computer requests for information from staff members within the White House Office of the President, Executive Office of the President, National Security Council staff members at CIA Headquarters in Langley VA., National Security staff members at FBI Headquarters in Washington DC.
- Trained 300 White House staff members on using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, & PowerPoint software applications.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 13
- Saved a company $1400 by training a new employee in school lunch program administration.
- Met all deadlines, finished all daily assignments and exceeded expectations of supervisor.
- Hired and trained eight temporary workers per year at the student aid office including testing, interviews, and orientation.
- Developed communication skills with clients, students, staff, and administration during twelve months of front desk receptionist service.
- Employed administrative skills to keep the project on budget, on schedule for completion from start to finish.
Administrative Aide Resume Sample 14
- Accomplished four (4) administrative tasks accomplished with superior efficiency and accuracy.
- Accomplished the following duties with superior efficiency and accuracy:
- Accurately and willingly executed numerous duties in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Achieved a high level of excellence in the following duties:
- Supervised, trained, and administered the following duties to co-workers:
A High School Diploma or equivalent are required and additional college coursework in a related field is often desired. Skills to succeed as an administrative aide include the ability to multitask, good organizational skills, excellent oral communication skills, excellent written communication skills, proficiency with computers and office software, strong typing skills, English language proficiency, and good telephone etiquette.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.