A health information technician ensure that medical records are kept orderly and assist medical staff, as necessary. A health information technician’s duties include maintaining patient forms, maintaining patient medical history, ensure data is accurate, finding the best method to store information, ensure patient confidentiality, and assisting medical staff, as necessary.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Information Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Information Technician resumes for your reference.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 1
- Served customers in a variety of settings such as hospitals, clinics, and health institutions. Informed customers about alternate services when one was not available.
- Assisted customers in filing claims for reimbursement from insurance carriers and third party payors.
- Resolved customer complaints by following up with appropriate departments. Responded to customer requests for copies of medical records or providing access to medical records.
- Developed and implemented new programs for customer service and document retrieval.
- Achieved the highest average rating of all employees for customer satisfaction among surveyed customers; an average of 9 out of 10 on customer survey forms.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 2
- Performed reference, verification, and abstracting of patient information from medical records. Recruited information from patients through verbal discussion and questionnaires.
- Accurately entered data into computer according to physician’s orders. Verified that data had been entered correctly before printing reports for physicians’ offices, clinics, and hospitals.
- Worked with a team of 3-4 others to verify the accuracy of the reports produced by the computer system for healthcare facilities statewide. Received appreciation award for error-free work in a team.
- Communicated effectively with doctors and nurses to clarify documentation; developed good working relationship with staff that resulted in patients receiving the best medical care possible.
- Provided expert advice to doctors via telephone; addressed their concerns regarding patient records.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 3
- Founded and implemented an administrative system for a medical office; helped increase office productivity and efficiency.
- Upgraded patient medical records to conform to HIPAA regulations; increased operational efficiency and reduced costs.
- Increased telephone wait time, call resolution rate, and customer service ratings; supported billing department with high-quality customer support.
- Assisted in billing operations for over 500 patients. Retrieved complex information from multiple systems to bill patients within a timely manner. Communicated with offices, clinics, physicians, and insurance companies on a daily basis so that accounts would be up-to-date.
- Coach on health care for employees of a local hospital; made recommendations to improve employee wellness.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 4
- Trained, assigned, and supervised multiple administrative/clerical employees.
- Handled office procedures such as charting, filing, data entry, mailroom operations, and receptionist duties.
- Represented the organization at various community events; demonstrated leadership skills to enhance public knowledge of health insurance.
- Maintained office equipment and ordered supplies according to company policy; provided guidance on filing systems and record keeping.
- Recognized for uncovering internal errors that lead to preventable lawsuits; received award for excellent customer service response time.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 5
- Maintained the department’s computer software and hardware systems.
- Was instrumental in the installation, operation, and troubleshooting of office equipment.
- Provided direct customer service to all departmental staff to resolve technical issues.
- Performed other duties as assigned, to include copying, filing, and other necessary clerical work.
- Received commendations for performing duties without regard for personal inconvenience; received award for extraordinary performance as a Work Supervisor; contributed to team efforts by supporting departmental goals to exceed productivity goals.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 6
- Maintained high quality work performance by ensuring the quality of electronic documents and data for projects with diverse skill sets including computer, search, and retrieval.
- Proactively assisted others within the organization, with the ability to focus on project requirements with critical sensitivity to time frames.
- Demonstrated an outstanding dedication to internal operations for which she was continually recognized by all levels of management.
- Attained superior leadership skills in relation to supervisor position; effectively utilized time management skills within allotted deadlines.
- Completed over 400 projects with over 700 hours of billable work; reliably accomplished continued high quality work without missing any deadlines or quality standards.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 7
- Assisted physicians and nurses with the collection of patient information and creation of medical records.
- Created computer forms and databases to assist physicians, hospitals, and medical offices in the efficient management of patient records.
- Performed medical coding duties; administered EHR (electronic health record) program; created customized reports while ensuring legal standards for confidentiality.
- Used knowledge of medical terminology while interpreting physician’s orders; gave recommendations for treatment based on commonly requested laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood content analysis.
- Remained flexible in order to complete tasks efficiently; cooperated with other employees while maintaining confidentiality of patient information.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 8
- Managed 1000-member health club, including the supervision of a staff of 16 individuals.
- Coordinated with members and staff to ensure smooth operation of the facility.
- Presented monthly reports to club owners on financial, membership, and equipment maintenance analyses.
- Advised owners on improvements based on collected data.
- Recognized as a motivated employee with promising potential for advancement; promoted from Club Marketing Coordinator to Club Manager during tenure at this company after one year of employment.
Health Information Technician Resume Sample 9
- Presented conferences for local clergy, school staff, public health nurses, social workers, mental health professionals, and community partners.
- Handled multiple requests for assistance from inter-agency partners.
- Completed over 600 requests for assistance in a timely manner with accuracy rates of 95%.
- Handled emergency situations that required emergency medicine consultation; completed over 100 emergency room patient contacts per month.
- Handled complex computer systems with confidence by completing programming projects over the phone with efficiency.
To become a health information technician, a CAHIIM-accredited associate degree or a bachelor’s degree in health information management is required. A health information technician must be detail-oriented, must uphold confidentiality, must be organized, must have excellent communication skills, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent time management skills, and must be able to work under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.