A meter reader is someone who is responsible for locating meters, taking readings, and recording the data to be used for information and billing purposes. Duties of a meter reader include travelling to various locations, locating meters, checking readings, inputting data, communicating with others, identifying problems, reporting issues, and reporting numbers to the provider.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Meter Reader Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Meter Reader resumes for your reference.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 1
- Measured prescribed distances using a variety of tools, including full and straight length meter sticks, barrel seals, calipers, and pocket meters.
- Obtained outstanding service commendation for assuring customers’ satisfaction with prompt delivery of cable television services.
- Resolved customers’ billing concerns by communicating with the appropriate company representatives.
- Prepared bills and issued payments to customers in accordance with the hotel’s authorization procedures.
- Secured payment from patrons while remaining positive and cheerful by maintaining friendly conversations.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 2
- Verified and received payment on revenue meter; identified and corrected meter errors.
- Achieved certification as wine-serving supervisor and certified bartender.
- Qualified instructor of bar bus service, cocktail making skills, and wine tasting.
- Passed annual testing for New York City Police Department’s Special Activities Division (Coffee Shop Supervisor) with a score of 85% on test material, exceeding the requirements to serve in the district at night.
- Awarded outstanding service award for excellence in delivering field service; certified to work at night or night shifts.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service by the Director of Operations; customer satisfaction rating of 96%.
- Received award from the Board of Directors for exceptional and timely reports submitted to customers in a medical office complex.
- Made a positive and strong impression on an executive customer, who contracted for gas/electric services for his new home; referred to me as an “Angel.”
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills through prompt arrival at work without fail.
- Enhanced and maintained awareness of necessary meter reading equipment and safety practices such as tripping hazards, electrical currents, and working with ladders.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 4
- Provided excellent customer service to residents in a high-rise apartment complex by remembering names, preferences, and birthdays while reading meters and collecting rent.
- Metered 2,500 apartments in a single month, earning award for outstanding performance.
- Recognized for consistently high marks; submitted 98% error-free readings per month with an average of 1.4 minutes per unit.
- Earned reputation as “Mr. Reliable”; was the only reader to return on time after a significant snowstorm, despite the safety concerns of icy roads and downed power lines.
- Responded to and resolved customer complaints in a timely manner.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 5
- Collected monthly collections from all meters and metered equipment to the City for a total of over 2,500 readings.
- Ensured proper relays were in place allowing for accurate billing; training staff on new credit card machines.
- Metered emergency room patients and assessed billing discrepancies or irregularities.
- Monitored monthly collections and re-billed accounts due to inflated or incorrect charges (0% improper).
- Received awards of appreciation from clients and city; taught correct bill procedures to new employees.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 6
- Measured, calculated, and administered meters throughout the facility on a daily basis.
- Prepared calculations for monthly comparisons, as well as tax and insurance audits.
- Analysed utility bill data from a cold storage during the winter months in order to troubleshoot electrical energy usage.
- Developed an efficient method of tracking daily water consumption by reflecting changes to the property’s structure that had occurred since measurements were taken by previous staff member.
- Improved efficiency of service delivery by using time management skills during implementation of new system design for a new public feeder facility.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 7
- Received excellent rating from the manager at the facility in which I worked.
- Created innovative ways to improve efficiency and accuracy of meter reading and data collection.
- Formulated predictive technology for the hotel chain to analyze customer traffic flow patterns and adjust staffing levels accordingly.
- Helped purchasing team allocate funds by strengthening relationships with vendors by developing public-private partnerships in the hospitality industry.
- Increased sales and staff through training, foster communication, and collaboration between restaurant employees and customers in an effort to build a strong customer base for business development purposes.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 8
- Ensured that parking facility met or exceeded collection agency requirements.
- Maintained accurate and current count of vehicles for payrolls and insurances, and recorded mileage to ensure fare cards were valid.
- Received commendation from the local chamber of commerce for outstanding customer service.
- Performed a full audit review of the meter readership and all other monetary aspects of the property management company, resulting in a positive financial return for shareholders.
- Earned outstanding service award by customers for dedication to excellence in customer satisfaction, promptness, and dependability, resulting in an increase in revenue per month.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 9
- Properly read residential and commercial water meters on a timely basis; noted unregistered water meter numbers in city database.
- Posted monthly retail water/sewer bill to customers’ doors as needed; returned delinquent accounts to the City.
- Responded within 24 hours to customer requests concerning master meter reading history; provided information by telephone, email, and mail.
- Read meters of 45-60 customers daily; accurately recorded readings on hand-held computer system.
- Handled complaints relating to billing errors, incorrect readings, and improper charges for services rendered.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 10
- Interfaced with hot, slick, wet, and oily meters to efficiently read around 1000 utility meters in a single work shift.
- Effectively used resources; acquiring specialized tools to manage the task of reading meters in waterlogged areas.
- Established and demonstrated excellent customer service; regularly involving other employees to provide the necessary assistance.
- Verified meter functions, conducted repairs, and instructed maintenance workers.
- Received quality award from the Director of Maintenance for sound workplan development that fully utilized resources.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 11
- Achieved 80% customer greeting response rate by following a policy of proactive, personalized communication with residents.
- Acknowledged for exceeding the KPI (key performance indicator) of a 98% billing accuracy rate; demonstrated remarkable attention to detail in verifying meter readings.
- Awarded six-month achievement award; fulfilled duties communicating with building management and third party billing companies regarding account status, due dates, and processing updates.
- Recognized as an outstanding team player; frequently volunteered to aide in other departments’ functions including supervisory tasks on weekends and after hours.
- Demonstrated extraordinary diplomatic skills in dealing with difficult customers and forging positive relationships while interacting with tenants.
Meter Reader Resume Sample 12
- Used specialized equipment to collect data from allured meters in an expedient and accurate manner.
- Provided a professional and informed audit of utility billing records for a medical company by attending seminars, listening to audios, and reading publications on meter reading techniques.
- Created and maintained an aggressive schedule for daily meter readings; consistently met or surpassed the daily production goal.
- Saved the company $20,000 per year due to my proactive maintenance of inaccurate records relating to unauthorized water usage in apartments.
- Redirected a flood towards non-critical areas within minutes by shutting off water immediately at the source when a pipe burst in my apartment complex.
A high school education is usually all that is required to become a meter reader. Necessary skills to become a meter reader include navigational skills, basic math skills, ability to work unsupervised, integrity, honesty, attention to detail, and have the ability to record accurate meter readings.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Meter Reader Resume Samples
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 1
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 2
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 3
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 4
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 5
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 6
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 7
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 8
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 9
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 10
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 11
- Meter Reader Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up