A System Support Analyst looks closely at how a company uses their software to find better ways to use the software. Their duties include identifying problems, solving problems, finding alternative solutions, reading technical manuals, finding new technology that can help the customer, designing new programs, and replacing programs when needed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best System Support Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real System Support Analyst resumes for your reference.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Provided first-level technical support to internal customers and business partners. Utilized knowledge of PC hardware and software to resolve problems with application software and network connectivity issues.
- Managed backup process for 1,000+ network users daily by maintaining a scheduling system to ensure all data was being backed up. Implemented database monitoring tools that identified near real-time problems with the database.
- Trained new staff on database maintenance and procedures for regular database backup. Monitored performance of laptop computers used by sales personnel by completing periodic assessments of battery life, hard disk space, memory usage, and other features with the goal of keeping laptops operational while in the hands of sales personnel across the country.
- Maintained a daily schedule for the distribution of hardware, software, and technical documentation, including telephones, laptops, mobile office equipment, and other hardware.
- Assisted with the coordination of technical training for staff by developing training material, creating outlines, and providing instruction.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Completes projects within time frame and communicates effectively with fellow employees, clients, and third-party vendors.
- Researches and identifies potential computer hardware and software recommendations.
- Oversees day-to-day operations that maintain the integrity of the servers, software platforms, and other IT infrastructure components.
- Manages larger issues that may occur within these areas including the investigation of system stability issues; investigates errors by determining cause and develops solutions including cost estimates for implementation.
- Advises management on technical solutions for complex problems; recommends improvements for technology standards, procedures, or project plans.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Worked as a member of a team of technicians to configure, install and maintain computer systems; to meet the needs of a growing company’s ever-changing technology while ensuring adherence to company policies.
- Configured new server and installed files to meet the requirements of the company; reviewed conformance to federal guidelines.
- Taught new employees how to use established computer programs and provide services as needed; conducted employee orientations at various locations.
- Developed, organized, and maintained training materials for new employees and managers; designed training materials for the annual sales meetings.
- Created new passwords and assigned all passwords to employees to ensure that customers received service in a timely manner; coordinated with managers to ensure that employees were aware of company policies.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Installed, configured, and maintained computer equipment for the LAN environment.
- Supported staff in the use of computers and software packages.
- Acted as a liaison between the Technology Department and users of technology to ensure user requirements were met.
- Established and implemented network security procedures to protect information assets used by the company’s operations.
- Interviewed with several professional recruiters for career entry-level positions at a major application service provider.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated with hardware engineers, software designers, and users to apply system and network upgrades in a cost-effective manner.
- Developed user guide for new software released; contributed to its success by proactively identifying potential flaws and its subsequent successful resolution.
- Proactively cultivated relationships with users to gather feedback (i.e.: conducted focus groups); transmitted relevant information to management while maintaining confidentiality on a confidential basis.
- Collaborated with departments to ensure documentation of changes was kept up-to-date; ensured that the instructions were easy to follow and could be understood by those who use the system on a daily basis.
- Responded to questions relating to the system and network issues in a timely manner; resolved numerous complaints (i.e.: service-outage, corrupt data) without escalation to management.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Immediately took ownership of the troubled network and discovered that the problem was not with the network but with faulty equipment.
- Provided support for services such as survey, process payroll, tape backups, and document management.
- Acted as liaison between departments to ensure cooperation in daily operations.
- Resolved and documented problems reported by users (i.e.: scanning was slow on line B; printers were out of paper).
- Updated staff on running changes to report codes, process changes, and program corrections.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Expertly installed, configured and maintained software including Mac OS X Server and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Installed IP phones, routing hardware, and fiber to the desktop.
- Troubleshot printer and scanner issues while maintaining training documentation.
- Managed email accounts (i.e.: POP3, IMAP4) as well as remote access services such as SSH, VNC (using SSH), Secure Web Access (using Java), etc.
- Used Bash, Piped, and Awk scripting languages to create customized solutions (i.e.: Compiled and installed Perl modules/packages; used Python to build a C++ class library).
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 8
- February 2011-present Network Administrator I for Academic Technology at College of Southern Nevada.
- Migrated databases from Sun Solaris to Solaris Express, increasing performance by 6x.
- Developed a customized website for the College of Southern Nevada’s Center for Information Technology to provide up-to-date information on the various computer courses available within the Center.
- Configured systems using SysAdmin commands and provided individualized support to users via phone and email in order to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Focused on ensuring that functionality was not compromised while striving to solve problems by using backup/restore procedures.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting of Technical Support Centers, working with 3rd party vendors to ensure access to information.
- Diagnosed and resolved customer issues related to the use of various software products.
- Created scripts in which customers could log on to SITO, retrieve and update passwords.
- Assisted customers with password recovery for most cases where necessary (e.g.: after password forgotten, forgotten email address).
- Acted as a liaison between departments and customers through the use of email and other forms of communication.
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Provided timely, relevant, and proper solution-relevant information while performing duties to identify, document, resolve and report technical problems.
- Provided technical support for E-Commerce integrated applications that were deployed to the Internet.
- Troubleshot and resolved various problems associated with the software, hardware, and network configurations including those that impact the users’ ability to access network resources.
- A proven track record for identifying errors in hardware, software, and system configurations.
- Ensured timely resolution of all production-related service issues within established service level agreements (SLAs).
System Support Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Maintained a high level of customer service by resolving problems within 24 hours, leading to an increase in customer satisfaction.
- Provided cost analysis on hardware and software upgrades by tracking maintenance contracts and comparing them to the pricing of new purchases.
- Successfully assisted in the finalization of a $4M partnership by analyzing the impact of the new product on our existing products and systems; recommended alternatives, which were accepted by management.
- Increased revenue from several Fortune 500 companies by developing strategic marketing plans with measurable results.
- Aided in detecting fraud against the organization, leading to our receiving an ‘Excellence Award’ for fraud protection from three separate insurance companies.
Educational requirements are a Bachelor’s degree. Skills necessary to succeed are good communication skills, listening skills, problem-solving skills, good understanding of Windows and Linux, good eye for detail, program design skills, teamwork skills, and familiarity with the particular industry you are working in.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.