Painters are responsible for preparing a building for painting and overseeing the actual paint works. Their duties include washing walls in preparation for painting, repairing hole if any, removing old paint from surfaces, mixing and matching paints, applying paints on surfaces, providing decorative finishes, protecting surrounding areas with paper to prevent mess, and calculating the amount of materials and time needed for the project.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Painter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Painter resumes for your reference.
Painter Resume Sample 1
- Lead painter for my company painting over 50 houses per week, $4-5 million worth of work.
- Worked as a painting foreman on the construction of numerous residential and commercial properties.
- Serviced as lead artist during all phases of interior/exterior projects including design preparation, surface treatment, trim details, color selection, and coordination with other trades.
- Earned certification in California’s Green Building Program that recognizes individuals implementing sustainable techniques to our built environment.
- Developed creative solutions that enhanced the aesthetic qualities of high-end residential homes increasing their market value by 14%.
Painter Resume Sample 2
- Became skilled with different types of paint, mediums, and styles by working alongside a team of painters at a large-scale residential complex.
- Effectively used brushes, rollers, sponges, and ladders to create beautiful designs on ceilings and walls in home interiors.
- Rendered watercolor paintings that were displayed at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore with a six person group exhibition.
- Learned new painting techniques from instructors during summer course, “Painting with Acrylics.”
- Achieved certification as a painting estimator after completing self-paced training modules. Also was able to estimate jobs for clients without supervision or additional training.
Painter Resume Sample 3
- Created ten paintings for local county art show; received an honorable mention.
- Completed commissioned oil painting of rural farm scene in less than two weeks.
- Participated in various group exhibitions alongside professional artists and designers.
- Transformed the appearance of 20 kitchen cabinets, 10 wardrobes, 6 filing cabinets, and 5 living room bookcases by applying 3 coats of eggshell finish paint within 2 hours.
- Painted 8’x8′ abstract art mural on concrete wall in under half a day using only three colors.
Painter Resume Sample 4
- Delivered superior painting services for management in home, office, and industrial settings.
- Handled both interior and exterior house painting jobs to meet customer satisfaction with project completion per schedule requested.
- Achieved excellence by finishing any given task in a timely manner with meticulous attention to detail.
- Reinforced positive work ethic among co-workers for high quality results by setting the example of how work should be performed.
- Performed professional service on many notable projects including clubhouse, commercial property, shopping mall, resort hotel, apartment complex, city hall building, public school building, historical society museum restoration project.
Painter Resume Sample 5
- Hand painted over 100,000 square feet of interior and exterior plaster at high-end residences in Santa Barbara.
- Successfully supervise two assistants in the art of Hand-Painted Plaster; safely utilize chemicals, power tools, and scaffolding when applicable.
- Experimented with new painting styles on large commercial buildings by using an air compressor gun to achieve faster dry times.
- Created paintings that evoke emotion through brush strokes; my work is inspired by the natural world around me.
- Notable artist featured at multiple galleries from Palm Springs to Paris for numerous reasons including “a distinct color palette” and “an adept sense of composition.”
Painter Resume Sample 6
- Proficient in all aspects of interior and exterior painting, including repairs, patching, caulking, priming, water-proofing.
- Accomplished supervisor managing crews of two to five painters on commercial projects across the metropolitan area.
- Devised new techniques for applying wallpaper with unprecedented speed while providing perfect results; recognized by industry professionals at national conventions.
- Developed specialized tools that allow expandable brushstrokes for faster coverage within desired time frame; patented invention.
- Pioneered artistic innovation by adding new dimensions to traditional mediums through restorative composition methods and cross-pollination applications.
Painter Resume Sample 7
- Painted numerous sets for television shows, commercials, and motion pictures.
- Conceptualized new methods of paint application while working on set design for Fox Studio feature film.
- Earned consistent recognition by art directors in the form of interview invitations to work on their projects.
- Collaborated with various artists to produce gallery shows across Los Angeles County; having paintings displayed at over 20 galleries throughout Southern California.
- Presented training courses for painting technique to fellow painters within the entertainment industry via “Trick-Painting Workshop”.
Painter Resume Sample 8
- Provided professional work throughout the community painting unique murals.
- Delighted customers with artistic quality by painting storefronts, offices, and homes with colorful designs.
- Participated in team building event during annual company retreat; presented promotional game show based on company brand names to encourage teamwork among employees.
- Approached projects carefully to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and punctuality within budget constraints while insuring the highest level of satisfaction for all clients.
- Developed an innovative technique to produce quick-drying paint that combined both water-soluble materials and oil paints that allowed artists to complete large works in a short amount of time without sacrificing quality.
Painter Resume Sample 9
- Sculpted wood into furniture, table bases, cabinets.
- Applied color to interior walls and exterior houses using paintbrushes and sprayers.
- Painted many kinds of pictures from oil on canvas, decals for T-shirts, murals on walls or tents.
- Contributed artistic designs at holiday shows in malls that added beauty to the environment with large scale paintings & sculptures.
- Introduced new ideas in art with creative painting techniques including spotlights, shadows for dramatic effects in my artwork.
Painter Resume Sample 10
- Performed routine maintenance on home, including painting exterior of house.
- Painted conference room for new medical clinic (interior).
- Painted kitchen cabinets (exterior).
- Refinished dining room furniture after moving it to new location; painted bedroom furniture (interior).
- Reupholstered chair using materials from scrap pile; painted and stained coffee table (interior).
Painter Resume Sample 11
- Repainted an entire house from start to finish, including woodwork and wiring.
- Received a commendation for painting command sergeant major’s office at Fort Riley in less than a week attending to every detail.
- Conducted training sessions on proper procedures, techniques, and safety precautions for indoor environmental coating applications.
- Pioneered the award-winning “Drunken Sailors” series of paintings depicting drunken party antics at sea; selected as one of three finalists in the Iowa National Guard Annual Art Competition for 2010 work.
- Transformed hospital space into works of art that inspire patients and visitors by repainting waiting rooms, lobbies, exam rooms, facility corridors, treatment areas, and offices.
Painter Resume Sample 12
- Painted over 500 square meters of mural for the city of St. Petersburg, Russia on historic buildings with conservation-grade materials.
- Created large scale commissioned paintings using aerosol, spray paint, and acrylics on building exteriors.
- Designed new interior layout for an art studio space to better accommodate public foot traffic during exhibitions; renovated entire space with simple tools, some construction experience, local vendors, and donations from friends.
- Exhibited work within the United States at two shows in Florida through connections made while studying abroad during college.
- Lead team of volunteers in painting a church sanctuary.
To work as a painter, you need at least high school diploma or attain GED certification to become a painter. Painters demonstrate vast knowledge of colors, be able to carry out finishing touches neatly, ability to carry heavy equipment, fit enough to climb ladders, pay attention to details, ability to stand for long hours, excellent communication skills and good numerical skills for project estimations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Painter Resume Samples
- Wrap Up