Event Coordinators support clients by handing all aspects of planning and execution of an event they are preparing. Their duties include meeting with clients to get details and desires for the event, contract with outside vendors including: event venues, catering, equipment rental, music, etc, overseeing set up and breakdown at the event, and create and maintain budget.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Events Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Events Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Organized, coordinated, and oversaw six major annual events in three states including charity golf tournaments, car shows, used car dealer conventions, and real estate expositions.
- Developed marketing campaigns for spas and health centers to increase customer awareness.
- Conductive the coordination of four major annual events with over 1,000 participants each year such as a water skiing competition and two music festivals.
- Conducted public relations for a commercial realty firm while establishing an active community involvement program.
- Created contact information flyers for vendors and secured sponsorships prior to each event.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Innovatively planned and organized festivals, events, and shows that drew crowds of up to 50,000 people.
- Conceived of, designed, fabricated, and installed giant signs exceeding 100 ft. in height for buildings throughout city streets.
- Collaborated with government agencies to organize street cleanings for major holidays; ensured streets were safe for pedestrians.
- Organized promotional campaigns for three national charities; raised money exceeding $350,000 (equivalent to $500K in present day).
- Proposed marketing plan that increased then-current advertising revenue by more than 60%.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Planned and organized a two-day client event that raised over $100 million dollars in a single day.
- Oversaw a day-long Super Bowl Tailgate party for 1,500 guests.
- Set up events for executive conventions, annual meetings, workshops, and awards ceremonies.
- Coordinated two kickoff events for the 2012 presidential campaign.
- Created three successful fundraisers for Donor’s Choose Foundation.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Enhanced the originality of design presentation for promotional materials for many national trade shows.
- Researched, coordinated, and organized travel arrangements for clients to ensure that they received the most accurate information in a timely manner.
- Increased event attendance by 18% by utilizing manual ticket distribution rather than machine distribution.
- Initiated double-sided postcards mailed to over 500 potential attendees in order to introduce new products to the market with only a 2% immediate response.
- Ordered 3,000 shirts months in advance in order to effectively utilize all available inventory without incurring extra costs when demands increased due to an unexpected social media campaign.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Planned and organized large scale promotions involving 30 presenters, over 1500 attendees, support of city officials, and media coverage.
- Worked with an advertising agency to coordinate TV commercials for a new product launch; scheduled on-air dates, locations, actor availability.
- Held over 20 executive presentations over the past two years with high net worth individuals who are interested in launching new products into the marketplace.
- Created sales leads for three hotel clientele based on idea generation by reaching out to current customers on marketing database.
- Focused marketing approach towards women between 25–40 years of age on first line of cosmetics marketing campaign for department store.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated over three dozen international and local charity fundraisers, galas, and awards ceremonies.
- Managed a staff of six full-time volunteers to effort event planning activities for the annual gala fundraiser; recognized by the CEO for outstanding leadership.
- Competed in four martial arts tournaments; earned three gold and one silver champion title in sparring and forms events.
- Ranked in top ten nationally in five categories of martial arts competition; achieved at least one gold medal in each category.
- Overcame fears of presenting before crowds after two years of vocal training and practice in public speaking techniques.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Managed the production of an annual charity event that raised over $300,000 with a final auction price topping $15,000 for a one-of-a-kind sports car.
- Created an innovative customer appreciation dinner with entertainment video trailers to promote events for clients.
- Reorganized large event staffing activities to effectively utilize all resources available.
- Assisted in implementation of new strategies to appeal to various demographics.
- Organized implementation of new ideas, strategies, and tactics to achieve yearly revenue increase with over 450%, compared to industry average of 4%.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Planned and organized corporate and private events with a minimum of $33 million in annual sales.
- Designed and implemented successful youth outreach program; involved business leaders in fund raising, motivational speaking, and social activities.
- Established effective online accounting and computerized management system for over 100 clients.
- Awarded scholarship for BA degree in Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations; achieved 4.0 GPA while writing the Senior Thesis on Online Business Marketing Techniques.
- Was presented with distinguished service award and recognized as an outstanding young adult for initiative and leadership.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Coordinated a weekend basketball tournament, a youth football tournament, and a poker tournament.
- Managed the annual budget of a local nonprofit organization while overseeing all advertising for the organization’s fundraising events. During one year’s time, was responsible for compiling an average of six fundraising events every month.
- Assisted with design and implementation of an international marketing campaign for travel company by coordinating international television, online search engine marketing, and print media advertisements. Managed over 300 sales leads per month; supervised sales representatives to increase sales volumes.
- Obtained over fifty new business contacts in one year through speaking engagements in six states at conferences associated with the Girl Scouts.
- Collaborated with a marketing team to develop marketing plans for two nonprofit organizations.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Sought, developed, and secured media during the launching of a new product; successfully secured radio and television appearances within a month.
- Launched to an overwhelming success the maiden effort of Celebrity Clowns, Inc. through numerous charity and commercial events and appearances.
- Constructed and administered a press kit that allowed the media to effectively secure publicity for charity events and for product launch in order to promote our organization into national attention.
- Designed and coordinated a media relations plan among celebrities, news, and sports platforms to increase public awareness of a new product line.
- Utilized a six-month marketing plan to introduce a new product line, expand our organization’s reputation, and greatly increase sales.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated schedules for over seventy models, clients, and event staff including models that were flown in from out of state.
- Performed as stage host for over two thousand guests at the Fashion Book Fair.
- Introduced, interviewed, and facilitated interviews among attendees at the important Fashion Book Fair.
- Successfully managed over ten thousand dollars’ worth of giveaways; introduced new brand names in fashion to target audience.
- Mentored veteran events coordinator by observing and learning event planning techniques; implemented new treatment to existing events procedures.
Events Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Proficiently managed the organization’s top revenue-producing telephone fundraising event for three years.
- Increased ticket sales tenfold by implementing a new customer service approach.
- Participated in a nationwide teleconference with a dozen senior executives from 14 states and two foreign countries to exchange innovative telemarketing techniques.
- Maintained a positive personal integrity and professional reputation, as indicated by consistently excellent performance evaluations and letters of recommendation from customers, clients, and peers.
- Fully developed new leadership skills as president of the organization’s first-ever Leadership Council; helped raise $25K in additional funding for the organization.
To work as an Event Coordinator you need a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Public Relations, or earn a Certificate of Certified Special Events Planner (CSEP) from a local college, and a portfolio of past events. Events Coordinators must demonstrate exceptional communication, calm under pressure, multitasker, basic computer skills, strong negotiation, organization, problem-solving abilities, and sales oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.