Freelance architect contracts with developers to design buildings and other structures. Duties include creating drawings, selecting proper architecture for the area, provide consultation, provide guidance, meet with developers, meet with construction supervisors, troubleshoot, ensure drawings are to code and maintain records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Architect resumes for your reference.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 1
- Formulated design criteria for custom homes based on client needs, site conditions, land layout, and neighborhood requirements.
- Sought customers’ goals to help them in conceptualization of ideas into drawings that could be visualized in finished product.
- Gained valuable experiences when working for multiple projects simultaneously so as to meet tight deadlines effectively.
- Received appreciation from customers when they were satisfied with the final designs presented by me because their needs were met completely.
- Gave valuable assistance when problems occurred during construction process by helping builders find quick solutions according to specifications already set forth.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 2
- Provided architectural concepts and construction documents for independent clients.
- Effectively managed $5 million dollar budget for an entire campus, including the development of conceptual design, schematic design, cost analysis, planning, permits documentation and fees compliance.
- Improved circulation space between buildings by 15% after creating a new site plan to replace existing models with improved parking areas.
- Suggested changes in interior layout plans that eventually reduced building costs by 10%.
- Positively influenced community environment through use of green technologies while designing five LEED-certified projects over four years.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 3
- Planned, designed, and supervised construction of a 24,000 square-foot complex – from initial excavation to final landscaping – negotiated successfully with all contracting parties.
- Ran point on seven new home construction projects – including purchasing the site, designing the homes, hiring subcontractors, and arranging for inspections; turnkey project.
- Collaborated on industrial design of three industrial facilities (warehouses) which yielded savings in excess of $300K over two years; developed additional revenue stream through material sales/purchasable products at site.
- Doubled annual revenues by developing online presence which included annual web hosting fees and advertisement on social media pages; increased brand recognition during key times of year (holidays, new product releases).
- Designed and laid out 9-acre organic farm as a community learning project; oversaw volunteer work crew to ensure safety and expedience; organized weekly work schedule for volunteers.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 4
- Exceeded projects’ budgets and deadlines; earned an additional contract.
- Collaborated with 12 professionals to design a public library and parking garage.
- Developed skills in 3-D modeling software Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, Sketch-up Pro, SketchUp Make, Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign.
- Achieved organizational success through consistent use of innovative management technology tools for project time tracking, documentation collaboration, resource allocation, company directory automation , e-mail organization.
- Solicit new clientele through active involvement on social media sites Facebook, Twitter , LinkedIn . Create content for publication on popular architecture and design sites.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 5
- Proposed and completed construction of a single-family dwelling.
- Planned and designed the renovation of an 11,000 SF multi-level office building with air-conditioning and heating, rest rooms, and lease negotiations.
- Won approval to build a $125 million high-rise apartment complex that will be completed in 18 months if approved by local governmental authorities; project details confidential at this time.
- Designed the remodeling of an existing warehouse into medical offices for ten physicians and two dentists – client was very pleased with final product.
- Presented design for new parking lot layout near bus station to city officials anticipating quick permitting process due to positive public reception – approved by city council in unanimous vote.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 6
- Designed, developed, and supervised construction of health care facilities in the United States & China.
- Authored two books on client-centered architecture in which I developed my own unique design style involving internal symbiosis with nature.
- Helped establish thirty-five (35) new practices across North America resulting in more than $400 million (USD) per year in revenue for external clients . (See Harvard Business School case study ).
- Devised sustainable building concepts including rainwater harvesting techniques to promote self-sufficiency; these designs received special awards for resourcefulness.
- Pioneered the creation of websites for architects to market their services resulting in a 95% increase in prospects.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 7
- Completed three million-dollar custom homes using innovative construction techniques.
- Evaluated several hundred plans submitted to the city for zoning compliance and building permit requirements.
- Pioneered green technology in two upscale communities by incorporating energy efficient HVAC, lighting, appliances, and insulation systems into new constructions.
- Implemented sustainable design strategies that reduced negative impact on natural surroundings while increasing consumer appeal.
- Drafted detailed contract proposals for clients’ consideration; negotiated revisions before formalizing agreements.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 8
- Built homes for people’s needs & wants, considering the seasons, environment, and available materials. Focused on practical designs that are economical.
- Earned the Sacramento Builder’s Choice Award for design excellence in 7 out of 8 years; recognized by local community members as best custom home designer.
- Improved quality of life through designing buildings that support humans’ relationships with others and nature.
- Collaborated with an expert engineering team to build a $400 million power plant extension within 12 months, which resulted in a donation of $15k to the American Cancer Society because it was completed under-budget.
- Supported charitable causes through donated services by building shelters for victims affected by natural disasters.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 9
- Assisted start-up architecture firm in securing initial projects.
- Managed the administration of multiple construction sites, including material planning and reference scheduling.
- Participated in design development for six residential homes; provided vision, guidance, and technical expertise.
- Helped bring imaginative project ideas to life by developing conceptual models for skyscraper designs.
- Foresaw future needs and improvements through recommendations on energy control variables such as insulation and mechanical ventilation systems.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 10
- Collaborated with a team of architects to plan, design, and construct a retail mall.
- Assisted in the development of conceptual sketches as well as worked with engineers, surveyors, and landscape designers on all phases of the project.
- Employed various innovative technologies such as AutoCAD software and building information modeling (BIM) to produce 3D-interactive images throughout the construction process.
- Provided technical support for civil engineering designs including grading and drainage analysis and slope stability analysis.
- Effectively managed multiple projects toward successful completion utilizing BIM tools for coordination between disciplines allowing work to proceed concurrently without costly schedule delays or rework.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 11
- Designed a custom home in the Spanish-Colonial Revival Style.
- Contracted for three years with Home Owner’s Association (HOA) to advise board members on architectural decisions.
- Provided construction documents and specification writing services for multiple residential jobs; contracted by the General Contractor.
- Fabricated an addition to expand 20,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Coordinated work between various engineering firms and sub-contractors to help design additional parking lot space at a local high school.
Freelance Architect Resume Sample 12
- Passed top 5% of North American society for building design professionals.
- Appointed public architect by the City Council to manage $40 million in renovations for community parks and recreation centers, which were completed ahead of schedule.
- Revitalized Main Street development program by designing improved traffic flow, improved pedestrian access, and reduced waste water runoff.
- Collaborated with local businesses to prepare comprehensive construction plan for revitalization of downtown district; celebrated completion of the project along with 96% occupancy rate for area businesses.
- Recognized as a Principal in high-profile residential projects valued at more than one hundred million dollars each.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s in architecture or a related field and certifications as required according to the locality. Skills to succeed include a working knowledge of CAD programs, creativity, excellent written communication skills, excellent verbal communication skills, good telephone etiquette, good physical condition for touring construction sites, proficiency in basic office software, and ability to troubleshoot.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freelance Architect Resume Samples
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 1
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 2
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 3
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 4
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 5
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 6
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 7
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 8
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 9
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 10
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 11
- Freelance Architect Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up