Communications Supervisors ensure the supervision of daily administrative tasks for management. Their duties include promptly dispatching responses to emergency situations, operating communication systems, operating two-way radio/telephone communication equipment, providing assistance, planning and organizing clerical support activities, and supervising administrative tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Communications Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Communications Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Communicated with internal and external customers regarding schedule, location, and telephone numbers for clerical and administrative staff.
- Maintained an on-time delivery schedule; providing exceptional customer service to employees across the region.
- Recognized as a highly motivated performer; providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers through effective communication.
- Adopted “Teamwork” philosophy by recognizing others for their achievements and performance; expertly completed cross-departmental projects to effectively manage operations.
- Received outstanding quality award; accurately tracked all documents resulting from various tasks that needed to be completed.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Solved complex problems by escalating issues to appropriate management personnel.
- Ensured the smooth operation of the district’s phone system by resolving customer complaints and other complex problems promptly.
- Coordinated installation of 600 voice mail accounts; developed an innovative, effective plan that demonstrated quick results.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had used the phone system.
- Received outstanding quality award; installed 200 new voice mail accounts within one month, reducing installation time by 15% for this department.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Led the team responsible for “Outstanding Customer Service in Communications” by setting goals for exceeding customer expectations.
- Participated in the process improvement initiative to increase call center performance by 25 percent.
- Managed employees to ensure that policies were being followed according to company guidelines.
- Increased sales by 25% based on sales efforts that resulted in new contracts with customers who previously belonged to a competitor.
- Reduced rework costs, thus enhancing customer satisfaction through adherence to strict quality guidelines.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed and edited broadcast letters (other) for information pertinent to personnel.
- Discovered errors in final reports; corrected all errors; developed new procedures for section edits.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained effective communication procedures with direct reports.
- Communicated effectively with customers, clients, and committee members.
- Verified data entered into computer system; researched sources for additional information.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Carried out customer service and account processing for a large hospital system providing a wide range of administrative, clerical, and marketing support services.
- Coordinated with an executive assistant to prioritize incoming phone calls and meet the expectations of the client.
- Established a customer service policy that remained consistent from day to day, as well as from branch to branch.
- Collected timely information from various departments throughout the organization. Evaluated each process from order entry to billing, including documentation and record retention.
- Utilized data provided by employee satisfaction surveys to improve levels of performance in all areas of the business.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Installed and maintained a network to support 3,000 users. Maintained a directory for a Department of Defense facility with 20,000 users. Kept all computers up-to-date with virus protection software.
- Researched current Federal law to ensure that employee policies were not in conflict with Federal or State conflicts. Ensure that all Federal laws were followed when processing employment applications.
- Achieved Award for outstanding performance; demonstrated ability in business process re-engineering through re-engineering the company’s layoff procedures.
- Increased productivity by identifying and implementing cost savings opportunities in the areas of human resources, office equipment, operations, and maintenance.
- Identified and implemented changes in the way employee work hours are calculated.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Established an effective system for reporting, tracking, and retrieving telephone messages; achieved recognition as a top integrated voice response (IVR) technician.
- Maintained the company website by checking its daily logs for broken links, added content to frequently accessed web pages, and updated relevant pages.
- Effectively managed time set aside each day to ensure successful completion of projects; undertook numerous projects including updating reports using dated files to ensure accuracy.
- Maintained consistency in the company’s style guide; updated guidelines by adding information on commonly asked questions received via e-mail.
- Provided timely progress updates to management regarding projects; recognized for assisting others with projects, answered questions from staff regarding style guide issues.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Maintained a consistently high level of productivity.
- Mentored and developed new team members.
- Researched and implemented new and revised training programs and initiatives that increased team member productivity.
- Promoted new-hire orientation and continued to train new employees on established processes, procedures, and policies.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills during crisis situations while maintaining a positive attitude under pressure.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Conducted monthly meetings with all department heads to ensure that communication lines were open and that all parties were up to date on both the corporate and individual projects.
- Handled a wide range of business calls in a professional manner. Maintained professionalism when dealing with difficult customers, coworkers, vendors, and corporate clients.
- Achieved award for being a team player in maintaining an office environment conducive to success in both individual performance and the company’s overall goals; was always available to help others when assistance was needed; worked well under pressure; showed exceptional ability to make decisions quickly while still maintaining accuracy.
- Received “Employee of the Month” award for the consistent and high quality of work, and for helping to maintain a positive team environment; continued to gain skills in all areas of customer service.
- Received excellent performance rating; participated in the corporate staff training program and was recognized by an executive vice president regarding my ability to give clear presentations.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Trained employees to communicate professionally in a positive manner.
- Created a positive workplace environment by promoting teamwork, camaraderie, and morale among the employees.
- Managed a team of over fifteen customer service representatives, ensuring that they answered calls promptly and accurately.
- Assumed the role of Private Line Supervisor for two months without missing a single deadline. Received kudos from management for completing projects ahead of schedule.
- Achieved award for outstanding contribution to the company by initiating training sessions that resulted in positive change among all departments in the business unit.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Maintained a positive customer service attitude.
- Assisted with all aspects of administration, from hours to employee compensation.
- Established worldwide advancement for all callers through screening, training, and screening for skills and job expectations.
- Trained all employees including receptionists on a new computer program. Maintained a positive customer service attitude by maintaining a high level of professionalism in the office environment according to customer satisfaction survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Recognized as one of the top-performing employees by two different supervisors at different departments within the company according to company surveys sent to its employees after each quarter.
Communications Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Responded to customer telephone calls and inquiries promptly and courteously.
- Identified the appropriate office staff to answer customers’ telephone calls, immediately following a current policy.
- Demonstrated a proactive approach to call monitoring, proactively identifying areas of concern, resolving problems with customers quickly and effectively.
- Developed a support group by training front-line call center team members in department policy and procedures.
- Created a high level of customer satisfaction through superior customer service and consistently met “call monitoring goals”.
To work as a Communications Supervisor you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Communication or Marketing and building some experience in PR or Marketing. Communications Supervisors must show confidence, organization, communication, leadership, self-motivation, creativity skills, and understanding in digital social media trends.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.