Conference Planners are responsible for overseeing all aspects of conferences from planning to execution. Their duties include planning meetings, negotiating meeting space, drafting the budget, booking vendors, arranging audio equipment, negotiating guest appearances, creating activities, planning marketing, ordering badges, and evaluating the event.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Conference Planner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Conference Planner resumes for your reference.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 1
- Planned and executed advertising, marketing and PR campaigns for local and international conventions.
- Created original ideas while successfully conceiving new brands to grow company presence in the convention market.
- Negotiated contracts with venues that resulted in an additional $20 million of income for the company; recognized by Executive Team as an exceptional performer.
- Orchestrated all aspects of a three-day conference that drew an audience of 10,000 attendees and generated $3 million in revenue; received accolades from the Executive team for flawless execution.
- Demonstrated skills in budget management; exceeded budgetary goals by 20%.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 2
- Organized one of the top three annual conventions in Chicago by increasing attendance from 1,500 to 3,000 participants.
- Hired and managed staff responsible for planning pre-conference seminars for over 500 attendees.
- Developed successful communication strategies that reduced obstacles facing event planners during an international trade show.
- Negotiated and coordinated contracts with service providers, such as caterers, hotel staff, and AV technicians.
- Successfully executed an event that was cited by the President of the company as the most successful in its history.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 3
- Planned and conducted over 125 events ranging from 200 to 10,000 attendees.
- Earned top producing sales award by exceeding plan, forecasting accurately, and managing event budgets including expenses, deposits, registrations, marketing services, catering, awards presentations.
- Adept at organizing staff of up to seven individuals according to event needs, coordinating details for food service, audio visual support, general contracting, security, ticketing services, exhibitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suites along with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Gained extensive knowledge of Event Production Industry through personal success as a sales representative and by participating in various projects during my four years with the company.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 4
- Organize and coordinate small meetings for up to 30 attendees.
- Create sponsorship proposals, event information packets, and other planning documents.
- Promote events through social media updates, press releases, blog posts, etc.
- Coordinate speakers’ schedules with their travel arrangements.
- Work one-on-one with attendees leading up to and on-site during events.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 5
- Planned and executed three successful conferences for five-figure profits.
- Monitored conference budget to ensure efficient management of funds; earned $3,000 bonus.
- Track record of offering ad hoc support to interns and staff during times of extreme stress or exceptional workloads; appointed as de facto mentor and project supervisor on numerous occasions.
- Demonstrated superb communication skills by maintaining positive relationships with clients, sponsors, and colleagues; successfully lobbied and negotiated contracts with new partners.
- Consistently achieved or exceed goals as set by management; proposals routinely result in contracts being awarded to the company.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 6
- Organized keynote speaker event for 300 guests, including VIPs and local officials.
- Planned three-day conference to announce company’s re-entry into market.
- Delivered the first MacWorld Conference with flawless execution; considerably raised brand awareness and increased product sales.
- Selected as A-List planner by company and industry colleagues for outstanding leadership and summit planning skills.
- Earned invitations to attend four A-List conferences in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 7
- Plan, implement, and manage large-scale conferences with budgets up to $200,000. Performed duties for over 200 events including conventions, tradeshows, seminars, workshops, symposiums and annual meetings totaling over 5 million in attendance.
- Increased revenue by 10% by increasing sponsorship opportunities; recognized by Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President of Conference Services for outstanding performance.
- Manage on-site conference services for over 300 events; researched new equipment and materials resulting in significant savings, providing cost-effective event enhancements.
- Developed highly successful conference marketing initiatives including promotions, advertising, web postings and video reels; achieved consistently high attendee rates.
- Coordinated all aspects of conference production ensuring that each event was flawlessly executed; received accolades from clients for providing “exceptional customer service.”
Conference Planner Resume Sample 8
- Successfully planned, promoted and coordinated several high-profile company conferences – generating millions of dollars in revenue.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in event design – resulting in increased attendance and positive feedback from attendees.
- Expertise in budget management – able to deliver events within tight constraints.
- Exceptional client relations – established good rapport with executives and marketing team.
- Hands-on approach to event management – took responsibility for all initiatives, working closely with marketing personnel to ensure deadlines are met.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 9
- Conceived, organized, and executed the first “Social Media Summit” for 600 attendees in 2010 including keynote speakers Gary Vaynerchuk, Chris Brogan, Jeremiah Owyang, social media bloggers.
- Planned advertising opportunities at the same event with Twitter executives which resulted in 15 technologies presenting their dynamic new products to major marketing and technology companies.
- Developed a marketing strategy for an international, multi-million dollar company by identifying social media trends, creating a blog, redesigning their website to incorporate community engagement through social media, and re-branded the company.
- Created a Facebook campaign that increased “Likes” from 0 to 2,000 in six weeks and initiated a Twitter campaign that generated 1,000 followers in two weeks.
- Planned and managed all aspects of two regional conferences with over 1,200 attendees and 35 exhibitors resulting in increased awareness and sales for the company.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 10
- Managed the production of a ten-day conference for over one hundred people on three different continents.
- Oversaw day-to-day operations of the event to ensure all guests were provided with everything necessary for successful participation in the program.
- Coordinated plans to promote and publicize the event; Utilized social networking tools for marketing purposes.
- Planned the opening gala dinner, which was incorporated into a short film that ran in theaters worldwide.
- Represented the event to corporate media, publicizing it through television, radio, print ads and feature articles.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 11
- Organized the first Fashion Show Conference, inspiring attendees to share ideas and discuss innovative approaches to common challenges facing fashion industry professionals.
- Negotiated relationships with exhibitors at the largest annual candy show, resulting in increased revenue for next year’s show.
- Conceived novel strategies for increasing registration totals at the conference, such as a social media contest and targeted industry mailing list.
- Oversaw all aspects of event planning, from venue selection to catering to the setup and teardown of the conference space.
- Received high marks from attendees for the well-organized and informative conference; many noted that it was one of the best they had ever attended.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 12
- Planned and conducted a successful conference for an international convention with over 500 attendees.
- Proficiently researched, prepared, and edited speaker presentations to ensure quality of information was relayed to the audience.
- Achieved organization of the most attended convention in company history with over 1,000 people attending from seven countries.
- Joined an elite team of five conference planners to increase corporate revenue by over 60 percent in one year.
- Acted as liaison between event management, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees to ensure smooth running of the conference.
Conference Planner Resume Sample 13
- Generated $280,000 in revenue for an international exhibition through local meetings with 2 regional general managers.
- Repositioned the company’s brand image resulting in a 10% increase in sales over 6 months.
- Negotiated contracts with key partners to secure the partnership of 400 companies worth 1.3 million Euros.
- Launched a public relations campaign resulting in 30,000 views on YouTube and over 6,000 facebook likes to the company’s Facebook page.
- Collaborated with 8 international members of the team to organize 4 events including an international conference that attracted 400 participants from 14 countries.
To work as a Conference Planner, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field. Conference Planners must be able to travel, have strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task, and solve issues promptly.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Conference Planner Resume Samples
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 1
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 2
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 3
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 4
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 5
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 6
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 7
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 8
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 9
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 10
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 11
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 12
- Conference Planner Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up