End-user support works for software development firms in a customer service role. Duties include helping customers with issues, answering the phone, responding to emails, and providing in-person support, install software packages, reporting bugs, record keeping, and updating user access.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best End User Support Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real End User Support resumes for your reference.
End User Support Resume Sample 1
- Supplied technical expertise and eliminated cumbersome software bugs and problems.
- Installed and configured operating systems, anti-virus programs, and other business related software.
- Maintained multiple databases to ensure their stability, security, and integrity.
- Determined hardware needs of organization by computer analysis. Performed system updates, installs, and upgrades.
- Designed custom procedures to handle user requests over the phone and on-site computer interaction with prospective customers.
End User Support Resume Sample 2
- Designed, implemented, and managed infrastructure within the enterprise application environment to support company needs.
- Adhered to established security standards; enhanced system availability and performance.
- Administered and maintained a highly available and scalable platform during period of growth and expansion, providing scalability for expanding applications.
- Resolved complex problems within the medium-sized company’s network; provided technical support through scripting and troubleshooting, as well as architecture analysis and design.
- Utilized technical prowess, strong interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities to manage and lead a team of support staff.
End User Support Resume Sample 3
- Proven logical, analytical, and technical knowledge and professional competency by nurturing and managing a team of technical support specialists; promoted through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Invested in learning new technologies and exchanging ideas with peers.
- Instilled standards of professionalism that set employees apart from our competitors.
- Organized and managed weekly reviews to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Presented weekly reviews to senior management to foster growth in our business area.
End User Support Resume Sample 4
- Resolved customer issues via phone and email, by providing solutions to the end user that are effective, efficient, and accurate.
- Developed written procedures for resolving incidents that are based on the business requirements, technical requirements, end user requirements, and imposed limitations.
- Recognized by peers for knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V virtualization technology.
- Trained customers to use online self-help resources for self-resolution of non-emergency issues.
- Developed crisis resolution procedures for handling unexpected technology problems which caused the outage of critical applications, resulting in monetary savings.
End User Support Resume Sample 5
- Served as a remote helpdesk consultant for over 5000 customers, including major corporations, governmental agencies, and educational institutions.
- Participated in support system development with IBM, NCR Corporation, and Motorola; created training programs and procedures reflecting organizations’ needs.
- Consulted for large Fortune 500 companies including Ford Motor Co., Xerox Corporation, Motorola, and Hoechst Pharmaceuticals.
- Trained employees in technical expertise and departmental operations; emphasized knowledge of client concerns characterized by the utilization of technology.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; contributed to technology awareness by serving on several project teams.
End User Support Resume Sample 6
- Collaborated with product manager to resolve customer concerns.
- Handled over ninety-eight percent of incoming calls and/or E-mail communications on first contact.
- Researched and resolved software, hardware, or network malfunction problems.
- Identified two problems causing mail server failure; developed alternative solutions; communicated problem analysis, alternatives, and recommended solution to system administrator.
- Achieved department goal of meeting priority one call targets with only 0.5 turnaround time for all priority level one calls; met or exceeded response time for all priority level two calls; surpassed performance goals by resolving forty-five percent of priority level three calls within seventy minutes.
End User Support Resume Sample 7
- Developed a proven approach to performing complex, technical tasks within complex machines. (e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Lotus Quickbase)
- Performed accurately while multitasking under pressure. (e.g., 24/7 support for distributed IT systems)
- Managed multiple projects while maintaining current projects in-house; planned and completed projects within budget (and time).
- Analyzed internal systems for improvement; identified ways to improve technical support team performance through technology design, training, and other methods.
- Developed a highly effective, highly productive user support team (technicians and supervisors).
End User Support Resume Sample 8
- Supervised day-to-day computer operations while maintaining a learning environment for staff and clients.
- Provided a hands-on approach to problem solving with a strong emphasis on customer service, effective communication, and precision in all areas of technical support.
- Developed and implemented new features for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office Outlook, and SAP Web Services just prior to acquisition by SAP AG.
- Improved productivity by implementing time saving features such as shared folders, Internet mailboxes, and recurring meetings just before acquisition by SAP AG.
- Achieved 81% increase in productivity per hour compared with previous comparable period of time.
End User Support Resume Sample 9
- Achieved the career goal by completing career goal number one while handling a high volume of support requests from end users.
- Researched, developed, and implemented a new Auto-Invite System.
- Collaborated with technical sales representatives to identify and alleviate end user problems associated with product line launches at IBM.
- Achieved the highest sales record within the organization for both revenue and profit in a single quarter while maintaining a consistent customer service rating.
- Attained award for exceeding customer satisfaction expectations during a period of time when customers were experiencing service problems due to lack of personnel at its sites.
End User Support Resume Sample 10
- Reviewed, prepared, and implemented hardware/software solutions to technical challenges.
- Experienced a flexible approach to technology, improving customer relations through a no-drama approach.
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Macs and Windows systems.
- Supported Mac network system by adding hardware and software components as necessary.
- Completed project on time and within budget with high praise from Office Manager.
End User Support Resume Sample 11
- Mastered the tasks of a Level II support specialist during two years of 24/7 support to the company’s multimedia development and publishing teams.
- Deepened my expertise with multimedia technology through continual training and certification programs, including AVID Media Composer and Photoshop CS3.
- Developed an online knowledgebase of knowledge transferable to new employees and used as a collaborative reference resource.
- Learned to use advanced techniques such as publishing and tracking of training material.
- Learned how to create new multimedia applications and integrate them into the company’s publishing system.
End User Support Resume Sample 12
- Troubleshot systems, maintained quality of integrity within customer database, and developed anti-virus protection for company Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Coordinated technology transfer between multiple office locations after the opening of “new” headquarters.
- Supported cross-departmental projects by providing accurate product information, education on software interface, and installation of new software.
- Facilitated workshops with remote users to provide instruction on hardware installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting; trained remote users to use company Intranet.
- Adhered to company policy and procedures when providing network access to outside users who accessed company Intranet.
End User Support Resume Sample 13
- Responsible for achieving a 97% uptime rate in a network environment which supported a 24×7 call center.
- Proven record in motivating and supporting staff to achieve challenging performance standards in a performance matrix program.
- Devised training procedures for new staff to increase value of their contribution with staff retention in mind.
- Verbal Communication Skills Award, Best Performance/Stress Management Award, International Quality Award, and Excellence In Training Award from management.
- Was recognized as being the “top agent” in the entire call center by a customer satisfaction survey conducted by management.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or related fields, additional certifications are preferable. Skills to succeed as end-user support include good telephone etiquette, outstanding customer service, hardware troubleshooting experience, working knowledge of network protocols, working knowledge of operating systems, excellent verbal communication skills, excellent written communication skills, ability to prioritize, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.