A site manager is responsible for the operations and functions of a construction site. A site manger’s responsibilities include budgeting, hiring staff, negotiating contracts, making schedules, abiding by safety regulations, and coordinating with clients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Site Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Site Manager resumes for your reference.
Site Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained the condition of over 200 owner-occupied homes as a site manager; worked overnight to complete 80% of scheduled tasks.
- Expertly reconfigured three flooring styles for clients; decreased costs and increased aesthetic appeal.
- Negotiated with homeowners to return home ownership contracts after a borrower defaulted on a loan, saving our company thousands in litigation expenses and time delay.
- Increased self-worth through community service by resolving tenant concerns regarding plumbing damages resulting from flooding, mold contamination due to water leaks, and health concerns from exposure to asbestos during renovations.
- Supported 150 households after local emergency shelter services were closed down due to funding issues; provided temporary housing for families for up to 90 days.
Site Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed a crew of 30 employees, successfully complying with local labor laws for minimum wage and fair employment practices.
- Utilized experience in construction management to lead the installation of lighting, HVAC systems, fire protection, security devices, telephone equipment/wiring, cabling systems & fiber optics.
- Awarded recognition at company-wide meeting as top Managerial Trainee for developing new procedures that increased productivity by 15%.
- Selected to oversee renovation project of historic 8 story building into luxury hotel; recognized following opening by President for best overall project performance.
- Earned unanimous support from Board of Directors after 25 years delivering unsurpassed customer service with thorough communication skills.
Site Manager Resume Sample 3
- Project managed major renovations on a Pre-K through 8th grade school building, including the installation of over 2000 feet of storm and drainage pipe.
- Supervised and conducted training for all site employees; implemented safety protocols compliant with OSHA standards.
- Identified opportunities to reduce expenses by $7,000 per month; responsible for increasing project profitability by 12%.
- Oversaw construction teams as they built two houses from start to finish (foundation, framing, electrical/plumbing rough-in, exterior siding/trim work, roofing).
- Established procedures to reduce material waste by 33%; oversaw masonry team specializing in concrete and stone masonry.
Site Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed a workforce of 20 people to complete 17 units within a period of 10 months.
- Executed the construction of three commercial subdivisions from master plans that included grading excavation, roadways, drainage systems, and landscaping.
- Coordinated the installation of water/sewer lines, gas lines with a gas company crew for three 100-unit residential developments in less than 45 days.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding billing errors or service problems with patience and tact; coordinated payments for service work performed by outside contractors.
- Removed snow from sidewalks and ensured they were clear 24 hours per day during each snow fall season without incident.
Site Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed a team of 20 people to restore boardwalk and dune system at beach resort.
- Oversaw excavation for a 12-mile rail line which resulted in an accident-free job site despite inclement weather conditions.
- Managed the construction of 2,400 feet of new community access road.
- Conducted soil tests and inspection on environmental remediation projects as well as monitored construction activities on bridge rehabilitation project.
- Developed quality assurance program based on customer input; attained compliance with all federal, state, and local guidelines ; hired additional staff without increase in cost to company.
Site Manager Resume Sample 6
- Direct crew of 20, within budget for $500,000 renovation project.
- Increased revenue by over $100,000 with additional five clients in first year; recognized by Vice President for outstanding performance.
- Rehabilitate an apartment complex for 12 residents who had been without heat or hot water since the storm; provided resources and leadership during Hurricane Sandy while ensuring minimal disruptions to daily living activities.
- Saved approximately one month on schedule despite large number of change orders; able to maintain favorable relationships with subcontractors and other involved parties.
- Manage entire construction process through pre-construction phase including budgeting, scheduling, site coordination/clearance work, permit procurement/plan check, and close-out.
Site Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed 50+ employees to complete $6 million project on time and under budget.
- Recognized by the Inspector as one of five best foreman for contribution, competency, and leadership; profits doubled within first year under management.
- Hired and managed subordinates and technicians to consistently meet or exceed quality and productivity standards; won multiple awards for company performance.
- Collaborated with original Architect to ensure success of development project; managed compliance with city ordinances & codes within strict timelines.
- Led multiple teams through successful completion of high profile local projects, including a 1-million square foot shopping mall renovation (awarded Best Renovation Project).
Site Manager Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for the successful management of all construction phases from initial acquisition, to design phase, awarding contracts, and making final payments.
- Initiated a safety program resulting in a company-wide reduction in lost time accidents by 63%.
- Initiated a cultural awareness training program resulting in significant increases in productivity and performance.
- Redesigned project timelines to achieve faster completion with increased profits by 10%.
- Introduced an innovative incentive program that rewarded employees based on community involvement resulting in a 30% increase in volunteer work for nonprofit organizations.
Site Manager Resume Sample 9
- Minimized construction costs on ten projects involving residential and commercial design by preserving existing steel, stone, brick, and glass.
- Proven track record of top performance through successful project completion including quick resolution to open issues with zoning authorities, code officials, utility companies, subcontractors, tenants/businesses in the building complex.
- Executed all phases of renovations for three businesses in downtown buildings; interpreted architectural drawings into working plans for electrical work.
- Re-utilized eighty percent (80%) or more of original building materials to construct stage sets that were used in seven Broadway shows.
- Completed $150K renovation project within budget estimate despite unforeseen site conditions which required custom-designed solutions.
Site Manager Resume Sample 10
- Inclusive of all tasks in the position’s scope of work, managed a team of 15 for 18 months at a site preparation project.
- Coordinated with client to ensure that satisfaction with the end product was achieved by providing quality service and valuable feedback.
- Performed multiple roles on an emergency job that required quick action to save large sums from being lost; deemed successful after saving the client approximately $100,000.00.
- Consistently demonstrated superior problem-solving skills through effective communication in the presence of both internal and external contacts.
- Acted as a liaison between owners and the construction team; effectively navigated conflict resolution while improving relationships.
To become a site manager, a bachelor’s degree in business management is typically required, in addition to years of experience in the construction field. A site manager must have excellent leadership skills, must be motivating, must have excellent business acumen, must have excellent organizational skills, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent communication skills, and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.