Organizational development consultants help organizations improve operations without cutting off personnel and departments. Their duties include analyzing operations and personnel, training new employees, leading restructuring activities, measuring impact of new programs, improving workplace performance and advising leaders.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Organizational Development Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Organizational Development Consultant resumes for your reference.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Enabled organizational excellence for over 300 clients based on best practices, including six Fortune 100 companies.
- Streamlined team structure to maximize net profit and reduce waste by 34% in one year; recognized as a key innovator by President and CEO.
- Identified and prioritized major concerns that contributed to the current financial crisis; consulted with board of directors to develop solution that allowed client company to survive economic downturn.
- Wrote official company response regarding diversity issues after review by senior management; advocated for increased job opportunities for minorities and women within organization.
- Planned, directed, organized, staffed, led, trained, mentored activities of staff throughout entire project life cycle with limited resources available.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Spearheaded the organization’s initiative to develop a policy on information security through education and awareness.
- Redesigned learning activities to meet client needs by identifying key skills required for new positions.
- Performed notable success in building strong working relationships with clients that has expanded the division’s business base by over 30 percent since 2010.
- Achieved consistent success across all levels of organization, attaining company-wide recognition for 18 consecutive months of sales growth greater than 15% year over year.
- Hired as Systems Design Specialist to replace retiring lead; developed re-engineered customer relationship management system within budget and according to client specifications within five months. Developed customized statistics and reporting module to assist senior management in performance monitoring.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Provided organizational development solutions to include but not limited to; strategic planning, change management, leadership and executive coaching.
- Developed a project-based model for the organization including team building and executive sponsorship aimed at improving alignment and integration across functional areas.
- Implemented process improvement initiatives by focusing on employee and leader development and training that resulted in cost saving efforts of $1.16 million dollars directly attributed to the program’s process improvement work.
- Effectively led negotiations with global partners resulting in annual savings of over $100k per year.
- Contributed to organizational reputation by creating an environment where company culture is inspired from continuously engaging employees around core values utilizing multiple methods such as surveys, face-to-face interviews and open town hall style meetings.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Delivered innovative solutions to transform organizational thinking and practices by creating a culture of learning, collaboration, and growth.
- Introduced a 360-degree feedback process for all employees working at multiple sites across the United States.
- Guided executive team through a culture change process resulting in an increase in sales from $8 million to $15 million within one year.
- Facilitated team-building events that resulted in improved communication and camaraderie among co-workers.
- Managed a high achievement professional services business unit with outstanding results; recognized as a top performer by the CEO of the Company after achieving over 50% revenue growth within one year, as well as 100% revenue growth within two years.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Collaborated with a team of consultants, trainers and statisticians.
- Designed and executed a company-wide Organizational Survey to identify areas where the organization could improve in their organizational effectiveness.
- Revised current training program to integrate new technology into the existing curriculum.
- Wrote a 70-page report for clients describing findings from review research on industry trends, emerging practices, and benchmarking information; received recognition by top management who endorsed future recommendations.
- Maintained professional development by taking courses in Project Management and Leadership Development through American University’s continuing education program; earned certificates in each course.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Diffused a potentially explosive situation between the Mexico City and Guatemala offices of a Fortune 100 manufacturing company by hiring a field technician from each office as friends for children’s charities.
- Led diversity efforts within client organizations to reduce tension, increase morale, and improve relations on issues including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- Oversaw a comprehensive research study on organizational development with a team of six consultants across seven states.
- Prepared organization-wide performance evaluations on thousands of employees within three different companies.
- Diagnosed problems in customer service quality and productivity by researching employee turnover rates, absenteeism levels, and general job satisfaction over time.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Revitalized sales and referral relationships by using a consultative approach and making suggestions that led to an increase in new business.
- Changed the structure of a call center leading to increased profits and low turnover rates; recognized as an exemplary change agent.
- Adhered to strict confidentiality standards when gathering information from team members, supervisors, managers, and district/region managers.
- Created organizational development plan for international company with the goal of maximizing the firm’s human capital.
- Improved organizational effectiveness through more efficient management technique; established appropriate control systems enabling lower budget overruns and delivery timeframes.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Developed an engagement model for assessing customer willingness to engage in formal relationship with consulting firm.
- Driven improvements in repeat business by 40% through measurements of customer loyalty, value received, and client retention rates.
- Identified stakeholders, influenced decision makers across multiple organizations, and re-aligned organizational objectives leading to successful client implementations.
- Provided expertise on negotiations strategy including collaboration skills, power/influence techniques, problem solving methods, win-win thinking practices.
- Results included $700K cost savings for Fortune 500 company; accelerated project completion time by ten months.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Conducted organizational assessments to determine trends, needs, and future directions of clients’ organizations.
- Designed developmental interventions that included leadership training seminars, transition assistance programs for management staff changes, succession planning processes, team building workshops, and other initiatives.
- Managed family financial budget while providing developmental services via evening teaching position at university for six years.
- Resolved issues through effective resolutions with all levels of client organizations including senior executives who were responsible for millions in annual revenue.
- Profiled clients’ organization’s culture to develop intervention strategies that addressed diversity in workforces inclusive of race/ethnicity/religion/gender/sexual orientation/disability status.
Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Consulted in leadership development, team building, strategic planning, organizational change initiatives, and network development for Fortune 500 companies across all major industries.
- Introduced new programs to increase company productivity; recognized by the CEO with company-wide excellence award.
- Gained successful track record of three consecutive years of improving sales numbers; recognized by President to be instrumental in the achievement of goals.
- Identified significant trends to increase effectiveness at point-of-sale (POS) systems; successfully applied strategies that increased revenue 15% over a 3 year period.
- Collaborated with members of top management team to achieve positive changes; received congratulations letter to share ideas on effective improvements.
To work as an organizational development consultant, you require a bachelor’s degree in business administration or its equivalent and certification by the Organizational Development Consultant Certification (ODCC). Organizational development consultants must demonstrate organizational skills, leadership skills, communication skills, an eye for detail, teamwork, problem-solving skills and persuasion
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Organizational Development Consultant Resume Samples
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Organizational Development Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up