A Producer selects and develops projects within the entertainment industry. Their duties include securing rights to projects, hiring and supervising production staff, directing stage production, overseeing the budgeting and scheduling of projects, managing post-production processing, and approving any major changes to production and production timelines.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Producer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Producer resumes for your reference.
Producer Resume Sample 1
- Created multiple web content for health and wellness. Promoted healthy lifestyles, safe sex, and fitness.
- Developed a monthly web column for local newspaper, sharing health and fitness information with readers.
- Created web-based career development program for local media, providing local businesses with relevant content and opportunities.
- Collaborated with local government to increase food security, promote healthy lifestyles, and provide fitness opportunities for all residents.
- Developed a healthy eating, fitness, and wellness program for the new state-of-the-art local library.
Producer Resume Sample 2
- Produced a television show for PBS called “The City” where I worked as a freelance producer, writer, and cameraman. The program focused on urban life in New York City, and interviewed diverse people about their lives and concerns.
- Worked as a freelance producer, writer, and cameraman for WNET, the public broadcasting network in New York. The show was “American Women.”
- Produced and directed an award-winning documentary about the life of a homeless woman who suffered from alcoholism.
- Worked as a freelance producer, writer, and cameraman for “Public Eye” a public television show in Washington, D.C.
- Produced successful programs in six local markets including: “Sports Tonight,” “Wake Up,” “Best of the Morning Show,” “Sports Review,” and “On the Road.”
Producer Resume Sample 3
- Worked with professional photographers and film crews to develop content for print and digital media for over a decade.
- Conducted interviews with journalists, actors, politicians, and entrepreneurs, and compiled and edited them into scripts for broadcast.
- Edited the scripts for broadcast to presenters, directors, and producers.
- Managed production of print media and worked with professional designers to develop graphics for new and existing products.
- Implemented and evaluated technical systems for software, audio, and video editing to improve overall content quality.
Producer Resume Sample 4
- Produced two nationally syndicated television shows on the top selling reality show, Survivor.
- Produced a weekly live television show that has aired on over 50 television stations.
- Produced weekly news segments on the top-rated local news show in New York City.
- Produced over 20 videos for the education and entertainment channel, National Geographic.
- Designed and developed the most successful Internet marketing campaign in history, bringing in over $100 million in sales.
Producer Resume Sample 5
- Produced more than a dozen television shows, radio broadcasts, and publications that were seen or heard by over one million people in five states.
- Established and maintained a news website with daily updated news and information for over one million readers.
- Focused, innovative, and successful; was named as one of three ‘Future Leaders of America’ by the Wall Street Journal.
- Was instrumental in raising public awareness and advocating for a global tax on the financial industry.
- Initiated a campaign to organize an event on the West Coast that successfully exposed the political and economic influence of the financial industry.
Producer Resume Sample 6
- Produced and directed a variety of videos, including interviews, news, and education.
- Managed the media team for an Internet content site with up to 5,000 visitors per day.
- Assisted in the design and creation of an electronic newsletter for a membership association.
- Produced and assisted in creating educational videos for K-12 schools, colleges, and universities.
- Assisted in developing educational videos for college courses and provided technical assistance to faculty.
Producer Resume Sample 7
- Promoted diversity and increased knowledge of minorities in media by teaching, mentoring, and guiding interns in the media field.
- Raised awareness of minority-owned media outlets by serving as an advisory board member to the community media board.
- Created, wrote, and produced over 200 new programs, specials, and advertisements for cable, satellite, and radio stations.
- Wrote and produced over 500 new features and programs for cable, satellite, and radio stations.
- Developed, wrote, and produced four public service announcements for a community service agency.
Producer Resume Sample 8
- Edited, wrote, and produced scripts for television, radio, and internet broadcasts; directed television, radio, and internet broadcasts.
- Developed and scripted the monthly radio show and produced over 300 shows in one year.
- Gained notoriety for the successful coverage of three local events and five national events during one year.
- Created and produced a weekly radio show and internet broadcast for over 500 students, which promoted community awareness, fundraising, and philanthropy.
- Led team of producers, editors, and designers to produce and write two major magazine publications, including one for over 20,000 students and one for 2,500 faculty.
Producer Resume Sample 9
- Produced one TV and one radio program every week for the past three years, covering topics such as economic, political, social, and business news.
- Developed various interview techniques for myself and my producer.
- Created an online presence for my TV program, “BizNews.”
- Conducted and wrote press releases for my radio program, “BusinessNewsRadio.”
- Negotiated advertising contracts for my TV and radio programs, ensuring the maximum return on investment for my clients.
Producer Resume Sample 10
- Earned top honors in a business plan competition, where I submitted a plan to market a business idea to a national magazine.
- Led an online writing project, producing stories for publication on a college news website.
- Won a business plan competition in my area, earning first prize and a paid internship at a business magazine.
- Won a national writing competition for college newspaper, earning a paid internship.
- Won a business plan competition for college newspaper, earning first prize and a paid internship.
Producer Resume Sample 11
- Produced an award-winning radio program that included interviews with a mix of artists and executives in the music industry.
- Reported a story on the effects of violence in schools that was featured in a national magazine.
- Documented and shared personal experiences of an immigrant’s struggles and success in the United States, on a show that reached millions of listeners.
- Published an award-winning article about the causes and prevention of teen suicide.
- Interviewed and wrote about the inner workings of a world-renowned charity organization.
Producer Resume Sample 12
- Gained experience in the entertainment industry through the production of a locally produced sitcom.
- Achieved role as Producer and writer of a syndicated television series.
- Produced and co-produced the television film series, “Who’s Your Daddy?”
- Received accolades for television and film projects.
- Developed a successful web-based service for film and television producers.
Producer Resume Sample 13
- Published articles in leading national and regional magazines, online media, and blogs.
- Reported for online and radio media; received acclaim and professional recognition for my investigative work.
- Produced professional radio programs; wrote articles for print media.
- Successfully produced a number of new projects in film, music, and multimedia.
- Directed, produced, and edited a number of short films and videos; received acclaim and recognition for my work.
Producer Resume Sample 14
- Produced over 200 segments of original content, including commentary, news, reviews, and interviews.
- Developed script, voice-over, and produced scripts for 20% of segments; assisted in other segment production.
- Performed role of supervising assistant editor and copy editor for original content; compiled copy for producers.
- Created story ideas for programs that did not have content; developed and tested story line.
- Produced several segments for ‘Quick Bites,’ a food and entertainment program on television; created and tested script, voice-over, and delivered content.
Producer Resume Sample 15
- Created a first-of-its-kind reality show in which contestants compete to become the best singer.
- Recorded and edited a music album with several musicians.
- Developed a highly successful technology-based news reporting system that revolutionized the industry.
- Launched a highly successful consumer information website that changed the way people access news and information.
- Gained acclaim for a documentary film that exposed several examples of corporate and government wrongdoing.
Producer Resume Sample 16
- Developed and implemented a multimedia campaign for a weekly news show on local cable station to promote and market news stories to diverse audiences.
- Established a successful relationship with radio station to create a special radio segment featuring local area and national news stories.
- Produced and delivered a weekly radio show that features a diverse range of news stories from the local, national, and international media.
- Compiled and created news stories from press releases, company brochures, and other news releases that were broadcast on a radio station.
- Helped to create a successful and popular video podcast for radio station, featuring news stories.
Producer Resume Sample 17
- Produced a radio show, “Voice of the Black Belt,” featuring the latest martial arts techniques and the world of the professional martial artist.
- Conducted over 250 interviews for a weekly television show, “Action Force.”
- Worked with ESPN and ESPN2 to develop original programming, including the first series of “Martial Arts” for cable.
- Created and hosted a public service show on the Internet, “Fight City,” featuring martial arts techniques and news from around the world.
- Conducted many interviews for television, radio, and Internet programs.
Producer Resume Sample 18
- Generated, recorded, and edited the news on a weekly basis. Ensured that the news was timely, relevant, and accurate.
- Completed extensive market research to ensure the effectiveness of broadcast campaigns and programming.
- Developed, implemented, and improved on news writing and production.
- Selected, trained, and provided sound and visual aid to broadcast news and sports anchors.
- Met the target audience’s needs and desires to inform, entertain, and inform through effective radio, television, and internet campaigns.
To work as a Producer, you need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Film, Advertising, or Communications as well as several years of television, film, or radio production experience. Producers should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong project management, and organization, ability to conduct market research, creativity, knowledge of Final Cut Pro and other editing software, and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.