A formulation chemist works with chemicals to ensure that no negative or any chemical reactions occur. A formulation chemist’s responsibilities include recording SOP/GMP forms, documenting SOP/GMP forms, recording batch records, documenting batch records, collecting testing information, and analyzing testing information.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Formulation Chemist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Formulation Chemist resumes for your reference.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 1
- Successfully prepared a new dye used in the coloring of a product.
- Delivered a concept to a supervisor so that all of my co-workers were able to enjoy more responsibility, freedom, and enjoyment from their jobs.
- Collaborated with others so well on both formal and informal projects that we all worked efficiently without stepping on each other’s toes.
- Identified discrepancies in test cells, which led to changes in procedures improving safety procedures for workers throughout company.
- Determined how much foil was needed by entering amount ordered into inventory system, decreasing cost by almost seventy percent; recognized by manager for outstanding performance.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 2
- Developed, tested and monitored formulations using analytical instruments; tested products to ensure that they were safe for customer installation.
- Identified discrepancies in formulae and determined if it was due to experimental error or a true difference between the standard used and the actual product.
- Recruited, trained, mentored and closely supervised two employees with regards to the manufacturing process according to all current FDA regulations.
- Participated in Research & Development activities by taking part in three approved research projects within a 12 month period while maintaining company standards at a high level.
- Facilitated production efficiencies through streamlined work flow from lab to pilot plant while meeting federal GMP guidelines during thorough investigations.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 3
- Identified chemical incompatibilities within formulations, showing ability to think critically and creatively to modify existing formulas.
- Implemented corrective actions for deviations from specifications with minimal supervision.
- Applied computer expertise through hard drive data recovery of a crashed system including recovering lost files from a corrupted database.
- Contributed to new product development by creating formulations that were stable over five months with minimum input from the chemist’s supervisor.
- Accounted for inventory discrepancies through audits, reporting any issues with stock levels and total values on the books against receipts and invoices.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 4
- Designed and executed process for synthesizing a new drug candidate; recognized by the R&D department.
- Identified opportunities to improve production processes, achieve stringent product quality standards in-line with customer requirements.
- Involved in the development of chemical manufacturing standards for LEO Pharmaceuticals’ Mexican facilities.
- Developed several technical publications regarding experimental methods, protocols, and results.
- Analysed formulation changes done on an existing commercial liquid product to ensure that they have not impacted its physicochemical properties.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 5
- Determined the appropriate blending ratios and concentrations of non-hazardous ingredients for use as household cleaners.
- Employed knowledge of transport phenomena to control mixing levels, time, and temperature in order to produce a homogeneous formulation resulting in higher-quality product.
- Improved production speed by 15% by developing automated equipment; recognized as Employee of the Year through company-wide vote.
- Received “Most Valuable Player” award from plant manager and was involved in three new product launches during one year.
- Identified opportunities for process improvement and reduced labor costs with better scheduling practices; recognized as Employee of the Month four times within six months period.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 6
- Validated experimental formulations with reference standards based on GC-MS results.
- Implemented USP guidelines for labeling, packaging, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Prepared reports for submission to the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Transferred knowledge gained through research into practical application by publishing technical articles in peer reviewed journals; named “author” or co-author on three published articles.
- Received NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Award; spent one year at Cornell University conducting doctoral level research in postmarketing surveillance of pharmaceuticals.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 7
- Used knowledge of chromatography, organic synthesis, and ion-exchange to separate cationic from anionic surfactants using gradient elution.
- Achieved perfect mixing conditions by developing mixed surfactant systems; recognized for outstanding effort & performance by team leader.
- Successfully completed production rotations in all areas of the manufacturing plant; awarded quality excellence award for contributions to total quality excellence program.
- Gained extensive experience managing the manufacture of one hundred forty distinct products; developed expertise in formulation development/optimization, scale-up, tech transfer support, troubleshooting, process control.
- Worked to establish best practices & protocols through detailed process understanding; involved in numerous routine, special projects, and daily production operations.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 8
- Developed strategies for optimizing production processes, reducing equipment downtime, and increasing yields.
- Identified process improvements in solvent recovery through material balance calculations; recognized by management team with innovation award.
- Improved production efficiency by 20 percent through redesigning sampling piping system; recognized by management team with efficiency award.
- Identified alternative methods to meet customer specifications by researching industry trends and new developments in emerging technologies.
- Initiated cost-reducing changes in raw material procurement procedures; recognized by higher management with outstanding contribution award.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 9
- Developed high quality polymer formulations to support production of a new line of polyethylene geomembranes.
- Efficiently completed multiple assignments including laboratory testing, product specification development, and project management for a new product launch.
- Successfully trained four transfer chemists from other departments on the specialty operation for this product line upon request from Technical Supervisor.
- Trained three other employees in preparation techniques and conducted stability studies using FTIR analysis.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional team members during problem solving sessions organized by department managers.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 10
- Successfully managed assigned projects for the R&D functional group. Designed and developed profitable formulations to address profitable niches of formerly unaddressed markets utilizing existing manufacturing equipment.
- Presented results at the annual company conference, part of a team that accepted awards for various study categories including best chemical profiles, fastest lead times, best customer outreach, etc.; recognized by senior management as an up-and-coming leader in the field.
- Fluent with MS Office Suite; designed graphical representations of findings using Visio 2010 to share with supervisors and other analysts.
- Published two papers on new cosmetic procedures or techniques in industry magazines. Received commendations from peers for attention to detail and ability to quickly understand the core of a problem.
- Experienced with most instruments used in formulation laboratories, including Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, etc.
Formulation Chemist Resume Sample 11
- Improved formulation process reliability by 94%.
- Achieved company goal of making computer-generated formulations available to production two months before deadline.
- Developed new testing methodologies for polymers used in consumer goods resulting in significant time and cost savings.
- Implemented quality control process for all incoming raw materials costing the company over $100,000 annually.
- First team member chosen to represent company at international meeting with industry peers. Composed an extensive report on proposed solutions to key issues affecting bottom line performance.
To become a formulation chemist, a master’s or doctoral degree in chemistry is typically preferred, in addition to years of experience. A formulation chemist must be analytical, must be creative, must be diligent, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent research skills, and must be an expert in chemistry, and must be a problem-solver.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.