Fire fighters extinguish fires and assist in other emergency scenarios. Their duties include driving vehicles, using firefighting equipment (hoses, fire hydrants) to put out fires, inspecting and maintaining firefighting equipment, conducting drills, reporting after incidents, treating injured people, and extracting victims from buildings on fire.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fire Fighter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fire Fighter resumes for your reference.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 1
- Awarded medal for outstanding performance during chaotic situation; maintained composure and successfully resolved the situation, which prevented further damage to property or injury.
- Outstood rating in physical fitness test; demonstrated ability to quickly move in emergency situations.
- Completed training to become certified in auto extrication, hazardous material operations, and confined space rescue.
- Trained in canine search operations; presented award that recognized my ability to locate victims in an urban environment.
- Awarded integrity award for confronting supervisor who was harassing co-workers; took action even though it meant risking my career.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 2
- Successfully led a team in extinguishing an apartment fire; distinguished for exceptional firefighting skills and team leadership.
- Participated in military exercises; demonstrated superior leadership skills and impulse control.
- Inspected approaches to sites; enforced safety standards and ensured the safety of others.
- Awarded merit citation; demonstrated superior crime scene investigation abilities and exceptional organizational skills.
- Recognized for outstanding service in locating a missing child; recognized by the police chief for selfless dedication to duty and exemplary conduct.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 3
- Cleared burning floors of a hotel, business, and airplane; rescued occupants of burning vehicles; evacuated choking victims; engaged in a physical confrontation with aggressors; engaged in martial arts training; maintained courage to save life even at cost of ownership.
- Background check verified enhanced qualifications for firefighting abilities (verbal, math, reading comprehension); received a commendation for disposition of chemical fire on an aircraft carrier during transit.
- Awarded commendation for rescuing injured children from burning vehicles that had overturned on the freeway while traffic was backed up due to stalled vehicles.
- Handled difficult situations on the home front while responding to family member’s medical emergency on the job site.
- Received award for highest overall performance rating; handled simulated fire drill with professionalism, exhibiting courage and physical abilities.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 4
- Protect & serve; risked life & limb to save the lives of others; accomplished daily performances including investigative techniques, crime prevention measures, and efficient disposal of criminal activity.
- Enforce law and order; effectively apprehended criminals and prevented violations of the law.
- Promoted peace and tranquility; diffused volatile situations through verbal judo, instilling confidence and instigating positive attitudes.
- Exhibited an authoritative presence; maintained a strong presence within diverse communities through courtesy, compassion, diplomacy, tactfulness, dependability, maturity, tolerance & wisdom.
- Resolved disputes between citizens & guests without resorting to force or violence by applying good judgment in stressful situations.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 5
- Increased life-saving statistics by 30% during the calendar year for area firefighters.
- Successful completion of Fire Accident Rescue department goals, resulting in zero accident-related injuries to civilians or coworkers during the reporting period.
- Assigned as Shift Commander for one emergency fire call, eliminating potential fatalities by getting firefighters on scene within three minutes.
- Completed comprehensive training programs for Fire Inspector and Advanced Fire Command courses resulting in improved problem-solving abilities and increasing self-confidence to handle emergency situations with confidence.
- Responsible for the removal of hazardous materials from a structure using specialized equipment.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 6
- Handled high-pressure situations with calm and professionalism; successfully defused a volatile situation while off-duty.
- Recognized by command for actions that prevented a potential disaster, saving the lives of innocent civilians and the responding firefighters.
- Reached the required number of training hours on schedule; earned the Firefighter Achievement award for achieving 100% of all training requirements.
- Received award for exemplary diagnostic skills; diagnosed and resolved an equipment malfunction, saving the department more than $300 in repair costs.
- Received the mid-career promotion to firefighter 3rd class; presented our superior leadership skills, abilities to take charge, and recognize skills that others lacked.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 7
- Received outstanding performance award; deployed in support of active military operations.
- Conducted training for new firefighters on fire safety, lifesaving techniques, and firefighting equipment.
- Partnered with local law enforcement in training civilians for fire safety within the community.
- Determined cause of minor fires; worked to establish procedures that will reduce damage to life and property in the event of a major fire.
- Initiated preventative solutions by instituting a return-to-shift procedure to improve firefighter safety and efficiency throughout the shift. Ensured that all members were proficient with their assigned equipment before each shift began.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 8
- Was involved in the first rescue of a firefighter from a burning vehicle.
- Successfully completed the role of a drill instructor, training 45 recruits in basic military skills and techniques.
- Completed PFT testing, Health Status form, physical profile form, and fitness test as required by E-6 Physical Fitness Program standards.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 9
- Sharpened operational and tactical skills while stationed in Okinawa, Japan; promoted to Sergeant during the period of service.
- Assisted in the education and training of future military and civilian firefighters.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as a team member with regard to military and civilian personnel.
- Supervised, trained, and trained subordinate personnel in extinguishing fires with a water hose.
- Effectively administered garrison disciplinary action on a daily basis by applying superior knowledge, skills, and techniques in a practical environment.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 10
- Actively participated in 2nd Alarm fire, completed hose lay under high pressure of water, assisted with laddering the building, and rescued multiple victims.
- Reported to a vehicle accident involving injuries; applied first aid to the injured party.
- Assisted with drug crime case of aggravated trafficking by performing surveillance, stopping the suspect vehicle, and arresting the subject.
- Responded to an incident of loud music on school property; reported the violation to the principal on duty who called police to handle the matter.
- Participated in active shooter drill on school grounds.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 11
- Awarded for demonstrating the highest level of courage, strength, and determination during emergency rescue efforts.
- Participated in various training programs that emphasized the importance of responsibility, teamwork, and emergency preparedness.
- Installed mobile fire extinguisher equipment for commercial structures.
- Trained at the fire academy to work with mobile fire extinguisher equipment for commercial structures.
- Awarded for achieving the rank of Senior Firefighter after successfully completing an intensive 12-week program at the fire academy.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 12
- Recipient of the Medal of Valor; demonstrated courage and heroism when apprehending an arsonist, who was responsible for one fire that killed three persons and another which destroyed home before escaping.
- Rescued victim from burning vehicle; performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
- Exhibited calmness during life-threatening situations; utilized training to deescalate situations that may have resulted in additional fatalities.
- Recognized for bravery by City Council; received a commendation for subduing a violent suspect without the use of deadly force.
- Received award for outstanding performance in the Oklahoma City Fire Department; received a commendation for reducing the danger to citizens during a power blackout.
Fire Fighter Resume Sample 13
- Accepted responsibility to address the needs of the Fire Department.
- Performed various tasks associated with firefighting, including but not limited to, bringing the hose reel to the fire, bringing hoses to fire trucks, providing coverage at fires, driving trucks for department training purposes, directing traffic at fires, standing lookout keeping an eye on things for other members of the department.
- Performed additional duties as directed by Chief Officers or calls for service during calls for service including but not limited to attending vehicle strikes and working on various fire drills.
- Achieved commendation for outstanding dedication to the community by giving back in the form of fire safety education.
- Receiving a raise for improved performance.
Firefighters are required to have a high school diploma and a driver’s license and are expected to pass various exams, to include physical fitness, medical, and written exams. Firefighters must be able to drive quickly and safely, make decisions under pressure, maintain physical fitness, act as medics, communicate well, display courage, and empathize with survivors.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.