A kitchen porter works in the hospitality industry and helps to keep the kitchen clean and organized. Duties of a kitchen porter include sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, bussing tables, performing basic food preparation, keeping the kitchen organized, and assisting the chef with various kitchen tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Kitchen Porter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Kitchen Porter resumes for your reference.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 1
- Acknowledged for timely and attentive service by customer surveys; exceeding customer satisfaction targets for quality and promptness.
- Recognized for superb execution of food, beverage, and linens in accordance with winery and restaurant standards.
- Received recognition as employee of the month when called to fill in; accepted responsibility for areas of responsibility, to include beverage service.
- Recognized by Hospitality Management team as a person of high integrity who exemplifies teamwork while being dedicated, productive, and dependable.
- Developed skills in kitchen organization and set-up; effectively prepared the bar display within specified timeframes while meeting high quality standards required by executive chefs.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 2
- Maintained clean and organized restaurant kitchen during busy summer months; responsible for the egress of staff and all daily operations.
- Maintained safety procedures to ensure the protection of all food and beverage products.
- Ensured the safe storage and timely delivery of food supplies.
- Assisted in public relations, events, and publicity.
- Declined promotion to merchandise supervisor for high school graduation as family needs prevented immediate return to retail sales.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 3
- Duties included cleaning, re-stocking, and maintaining work areas for food service managers.
- Monitor daily timesheets for consistency.
- Maintain food temperature ranges by restocking essentials and performing preventative maintenance on tills.
- Enforced proper inventory procedures to help expedite flow of traffic through kitchen.
- Managed restaurant kitchen by ensuring pest control, inventory control and maintaining sanitary conditions in a professional manner.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 4
- Accomodated nightly guest needs for the entire staff of a five-star hotel.
- Applied five new techniques to every guest’s request, handling details like dining preferences, creating personalized menus, and anticipating a variety of requests while creating a remarkable culinary experience.
- Created one hundred new menu items in three months by experimenting with unusual ingredients and combinations of flavors.
- Displayed self-confidence and pride in the kitchen by taking care of problems without raising voice (listening skills).
- Recognized by the General Manager for exceeding guest expectations; was named “Top waiter” at least once per month.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated restaurant activity; expedited and prepared food service while maintaining high quality, sanitation, and presentation standards.
- Ensured safety, security, and comfort of patrons by continuously assessing facility areas for hazardous conditions and special needs.
- Designed special menus to meet customer requests; collaborated with chefs to develop new dishes for a variety of dietary requirements.
- Recognized for outstanding professionalism; promoted to Customer Service Representative at the Assistant General Manager’s request.
- Refined personal administrative skills by organizing general office duties and filing systems.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 6
- Supervised kitchen operations in accordance with company policies and procedures; effectively communicated with all levels of staff, customers, vendors, and supervisors.
- Promoted a clean and organized environment through effective housekeeping; remained calm under stressful conditions.
- Handled food preparation duties according to company’s current policy and determined consistency by thoroughly following instructions.
- Achieved award for excellence in the most challenging task at work while working closely with a local catering company.
- Received a commendation from the manager for exceptional customer service to guests and employees.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in the successful preparation, presentation, and shipment of various tasting menus for small private parties.
- Aided in the professional cleanup and sanitation of the prep-kitchen following large private events.
- Prepared large quantities of meat, seafood, and fruits for wholesale distribution.
- Ensured that day to day food orders were properly prepared, packaged, and labeled for patrons.
- Coordinated food trucks on-site for catering services.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 8
- Ensured the cleanliness, organization, and efficient use of restaurant supplies during daily lunch and dinner services.
- Cleaned soiled dishes and kitchen equipment while providing excellent customer service to patrons.
- Labored to develop a quality work effort in the food preparation area while being a team player by communicating with fellow staff members regarding hunger needs.
- Developed self as an upcoming leader in the hotel industry by assisting with inventory control of cleaning chemicals.
- Remained knowledgeable on key hotel policies by attending all training classes offered regarding health issues and food handling techniques for accuracy.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 9
- Prepared seven hundred twenty-five (725) guest service orders in a timely manner.
- Assisted with meal preparation and presentation of new menu items.
- Proofed and packaged food, beverages, condiments, housewares, and basic groceries.
- Ensured cleanliness of kitchen area and the main dining room by cleaning under the tables and chairs; cleaning the grills and dish washing machine; keeping the floors clean.
- Responded to guest complaints regarding food quality or service; made appropriate adjustments to ensure guest satisfaction.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 10
- Served foreign dignitaries and diplomats during the United Nations Core Group Summit at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
- Assisted culinary staff during monthly, multi-dish special events held throughout the city.
- Prepared daily food orders of more than 200 dishes in accordance with specified quantities, quality, and time requirements.
- Recognized by patrons as a restaurant ambassador; provided outstanding service and hospitality while maintaining proper standards of dress and decorum.
- Organized kitchen staff to prepare for incoming private parties; ensured that every detail was performed efficiently and effectively right down to the last detail.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 11
- Provided customer assistance in the cafeteria of an international airport, guest hotel, and major production company.
- Adhered to department safety requirements by performing all tasks while operating the equipment safely.
- Interviewed and hired kitchen staff after being trained to authoritatively assess applicants’ skills and qualifications.
- Earned recognition as a model employee due to my dedication to learning new ways to contribute throughout the organization.
- Dispatched orders and prepared containers of food for catering purposes following specific recipes; handled cold items adroitly.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 12
- Performed over 50 varied tasks in the kitchen and assisted in maintaining cleanliness and order.
- Set up, operated, and maintained four small dishwashers.
- Conducted all duties with precision, speed, accuracy, and enthusiasm.
- Accurately executed a 100% recall of the best practices for cleaning kitchen equipment after each shift; produced excellent results.
- Committed to excellence by completing tasks that exceeded expectations by all criteria including quality, accuracy, speed, safety standards for food preparation practices.
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 13
- Established and maintained a clean, safe work environment, which was immediately obvious to patients, staff, and management alike.
- Always maintained an organized approach to service that made every customer happy.
- Stocked over 5,000 items from frozen foods to dry goods in order to deliver consistently fresh products to customers at all times.
- Worked days and nights without ever being asked for overtime based upon assessing needs of the environment and the overall satisfaction of customers.
- Became the first person in 28 years of employment at the Hospitality Institution to achieve above average employee recognition award.
Educational requirements of a kitchen porter can range from a high school diploma to a culinary arts degree. Necessary skills include good communication, knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices, ability to follow instructions, dexterity, knife skills, the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, and the ability to multitask.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Kitchen Porter Resume Samples
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 1
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 2
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 3
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 4
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 5
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 6
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 7
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 8
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 9
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 10
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 11
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 12
- Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up