Float Pool Nurses provide support and carry out tasks in whichever unit they are needed. Their responsibilities include monitoring and assessing patients’ conditions, performing necessary treatments, maintaining the pace of patient care, promoting ethical action and what is best for the patients, maintaining a healthy learning environment, exemplifying safety procedures, and producing highest quality results.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Float Pool Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Float Pool Nurse resumes for your reference.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Frequently designated as the primary nurse to answer the phone in triage situations due to my pleasant voice and ability to screen calls, prioritize them, and forward them to the appropriate department.
- Certified as a first assister in CPR, AED use, BLS/CPR for the healthcare provider.
- Adept at administering medications to patients, tracking vital signs during treatments.
- Trained in telemetry monitoring for heart rate monitoring using telemetry machines. Excellent at following protocols to ensure patient safety.
- Accomplished Skillbuilder Award “Certified Operation Room Assistant” certifying one’s competency in sterile techniques used in surgery/operating room environments.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Graded examinations of patients who presented for their appointment.
- Evaluated and issued direction on medical treatment, referrals, and patient follow-up.
- Through communications with the physician and patient’s family, provided information regarding diagnoses and treatment options to affect appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintained accurate medical records; coordinated with physicians to ensure that all relevant medical information was available. Required various departments of the hospital to adhere to trade secrets policies for safeguarding confidential material.
- Recognized by the Director of Nursing for consistently meeting or exceeding established quality standards while maintaining an exceptional professional attitude.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Maintained the highest quality of care as a float pool nurse; prepared personnel for employment as nurses.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient flow and the outcomes of the patients’ visits.
- Received outstanding total performance awards; served as a mentor and taught new and current staff members how to operate the float pool.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a float pool nurse.
- Received outstanding long-term service award; effectively compiled data relating to patient flow and concluded a plan of action from the information obtained from the results of patient flow.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Navigated the department in a well-organized, dependable manner; completed all duties, tasks, and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Received acknowledgment from the Departmental Administrator for exceptional performance when handling patient complaints.
- Mentored other staff members when covering for absent nurses.
- Developed an action plan to ensure that patients were correctly placed into units that best fit their needs.
- Achieved goals of “exceeds expectations” in all areas of job performance, based on observation reports from managers and coworkers.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Staffed the Float Pool to ensure that all shifts were adequately covered.
- Provided excellent patient care while utilizing critical thinking skills to make decisions regarding the medical treatment of patients during inclement weather.
- Assisted with other functions within the hospital that affected patient care, including linen inventory.
- Co-taught a First Aid course for new employees at X Hospital.
- Actively participated in Medical Readiness drills by coordinating staff to be prepared in the event of an emergency or disaster.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed hernia patient’s chart and ordered further tests to make sure all tissues were healthy and not infected.
- Helped hernia patient receives home health care in a wheelchair with the aid of family member.
- Increased hernia patient’s mobility by assisting him in walking with the aid of an “over-the” walker, reducing reliance on others.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Ensured that patient care was rendered promptly and accurately.
- Quickly and correctly filled and administered medication and medication ordered by physicians/nurses without compromising patient’s needs or well-being; adhering to policies regarding required statistics, including total procedures, related blood samples, and labs.
- Performed essential functions such as, but not limited to: vital signs, dressing changes, wound care management (including debridement), suturing (surgical and/or traumatic), IV administration or monitoring of IV placed in patient’s vein or artery; monitored patients’ responses to medications.
- Recognized by the hospital for providing outstanding service to a complex patient requiring complex nursing intervention.
- Temporarily assumed responsibility for patient care in absence of a formal charge nurse.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Recognized by the Float Pool Supervisor for exceptional dedication, work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Recognized by Float Pool Supervisor for effectively handling daily business.
- Recognized by the Float Pool Coordinator for excellent customer service.
- Awarded outstanding performance award by the Float Pool Coordinator for exceptional time management skills in scheduling float pool nurses.
- Recognized by Shift Leader for strong customer service skills in listening to customers’ needs and actively soliciting positive feedback from customers who had applied for a return visit or follow-up appointment with a float pool nurse.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Supervised the operating room during scheduled procedures.
- Delivered excellent team coordination while directing occupational therapy patients.
- Resolved patient concerns regarding billing, registration, and scheduling issues in a courteous manner while maintaining excellent professional relationships with customers.
- Established effective communication with staff regarding scheduled procedures for special equipment set-up, scheduled drug orders, and scheduled surgical cases.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively suggested improvements to assist in workflow efficiency.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Encouraged staff to be firm in the face of injury, denial, or uncertainty.
- Have a desire to care for people in their neighborhoods.
- Rebuilding people’s lives one day at a time.
- Helping others find their own solutions to their problems.
- Committed to working in a team atmosphere that includes each employee’s input into the decision-making process.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Submitted all paperwork according to banking guidelines.
- Demonstrated excellent determination regarding the review of tests, notes, etc., for accuracy.
- Helped keep the department running smoothly by notifying staff members of any changes in procedures to ensure that procedures are followed properly.
- Was able to work alongside staff members while providing continuous care for patients ensuring that they were comfortable.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated with other area hospitals regarding patient transfers and insurance benefits.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Adhered to hospital policies and procedures in monitoring patients’ conditions, administering medications, and maintaining patient records.
- Dedicated self to community service projects by volunteering time at the hospital’s children’s wing for holidays.
- Recognized by medical staff for outstanding patience in assisting patients with their needs.
- Awarded for exceptional documentation skills; documented nursing care is given in accordance with the physician’s orders.
- Handled difficult crisis situation involving patient’s family members with sensitivity and empathy; received appreciation letter from family members.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Respected by coworkers, physicians, and patients.
- Demonstrated professionalism to peers, supervisors, and patients.
- Determined the best time for an individual’s health care needs; received “excellent” ratings in patient satisfaction surveys.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines due to excellent scores on patient satisfaction surveys sent out by doctors who worked with You.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively recorded/analyzed information related to patient circumstances.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award for reputation by providing exceptional service to co-workers, patients, and parents.
- Resolved issues promptly including management of the float pool inventory system, sorting out paperwork issues, verifying insurance/disability verifications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Recognized for ability to handle multiple responsibilities with efficiency by managers.
- Required entry-level experience to obtain a position.
- Saved the company over $38,000 in float pool expenses by keeping accurate records of inventory.
Float Pool Nurse Resume Sample 15
- Ensured correct patient identification and TB testing through the use of patient wrist bands.
- Assisted physicians with injection procedures and various lab functions.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of controlled substances, e.g., syringes, vials, drugs, etc., from theft or loss.
- Educated patients through teaching about their medication regimens as well as refilling prescriptions as requested by physicians.
- Delivered exceptional customer service as evidenced by positive survey ratings from staff and patients alike.
To work as a Float Pool Nurse, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, a Registered Nurse (RN) license, and at least a year of experience. You must be dependable, attentive to details, organized, show teamwork, customer service, written and verbal communication skills, basic computer skills, basic mathematical skills, and English fluency.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.