An Apparel Buyer is responsible for seeking out clothes that the public will wear and filling certain retail stores with them. Their duties include working with certain store managers to properly display your choice of apparel, analyzing market trends about the currents clothing trends that are currently popular, negotiating with vendors, and scheduling deliveries to your retail store.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Apparel Buyer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Apparel Buyer resumes for your reference.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 1
- Selected new vendors that reduced inventory costs while enhancing the quality of merchandise.
- Managed vendor shipments; received merchandise on time, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Increased customer acquisition; targeted new markets, using social media.
- Contributed to the corporate goal of a 15% increase in profits through cost-effective management of vendor relationships and stock-keeping unit (SKU) level purchases.
- Acknowledged by the VP of Merchandising for supporting corporate initiatives during a period of high turnover within the buying staff.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 2
- Received award for outstanding performance; managed assigned staff, transportation, and merchandise in a timely manner.
- Recognized for exceeding store management guidelines in relation to customer satisfaction ratings.
- Earned appreciation as a team player in the Apparel Department; effectively handled customer complaints, store needs, and store issues.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer satisfaction evaluation of various clothing items purchased by customers who had purchased the items within the past year.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data regarding apparel purchased by customers in-store.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 3
- Improved sales performance by 10% through thoughtful analysis of the company’s customers, marketing campaigns, and competitive pricing structure.
- Selected advertisements that resulted in increased sales revenue for stores within my region.
- Handled price model changes effectively by setting aside personal feelings and identifying the core values of the company.
- Used customer feedback to inform decision-making for buying new fabrics, redesigning product lines, and launching marketing campaigns.
- Designed advertisements that positioned the company as a high-end retailer by using airbrush photo editing software to remove wrinkles from clothing models to create smooth-looking apparel.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 4
- Completed project that resulted in a return from the cost of the research to a bonus. Assisted senior management with strategic planning by analyzing the company’s competition, market size, and financial status.
- Developed strategies for increasing market share by identifying which products were trendy and identifying new products that could be marketed. I also designed a marketing plan to help grow revenue by targeting many different age groups.
- Worked as an individual contributor as well as a team member to increase profitability for two years before becoming a manager at the division level.
- Developed a long-term vision for the company that included an increase in overall profits and a reduction in overall costs.
- Acknowledged by the president of the company for my leadership skills and strategic planning skills.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 5
- Profiled trends in the apparel industry.
- Recognized as a Sales Superstar for earning top sales compensation of $30K per year.
- Achieved sales goal of 200+ per week; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to garment orders.
- Recognized as a top earner in the Retail department for earning $40K and above and achieved an average salary of $35K per year within the first 5 years at the retail company with over 20 years of experience.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 6
- Brought in a new shipment of merchandise on an aggressive schedule.
- Measured and analyzed each garment from head to toe, by category, to ensure the product was accurate.
- Performed detailed audits of sourcing company’s delivery timelines and ensured they met our standards.
- Managed 4 delivery drivers for the store; ensured timely delivery of orders with proper customer service. Managed a warehouse team of 40+ employees including inventory control, product manufacturing, installation of displays and fixtures, etc.
- Achieved the highest warehouse productivity average from the industry.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 7
- Made specialty order for clients that required one to two weeks lead time.
- Developed relationships with trade associations, manufacturers, and retailers in the region during regular business hours; conducted market research to determine the needs of the industry prior to making major purchases.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for leading the company in purchases over 100k dollars while maintaining a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Received award for customer-first approach while maintaining a high level of service to clients.
- Recognized for exceptional quality and service; qualified as an expert.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for excellence in productivity; met sales goals while maintaining customer satisfaction standards.
- Developed new products to increase sales of accessories; contributed to company’s growth.
- Initiated campaign to increase restaurant visits by marketing coupons in-store flyers.
- Recognized for excellent customer service when assisting customers with their selections when shopping for jeans, sweaters, and accessories.
- Achieved award for successfully implementing new software in purchasing department.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 9
- Introduced existing product lines into new markets.
- Analyzed merchandising plans and communicated plans to the Merchandising Director, all while attending to customers and vendors.
- Established new stores within a 250-mile radius of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Maintained a minimum of 90% overall store profitability.
- Achieved award for exceeding sales and profitability goals and for exceeding overall store profitability guidelines; effectively worked with the Merchandising Director to achieve goals by maintaining strong relationships with vendors and other departments.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 10
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to store’s guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Effectively prepared lines of apparel that met their specifications; meticulously followed store’s guidelines for sizing, quality control, texture, and dye lot control.
- Recognized by Store Manager for outstanding performance; efficiently executed tasks assigned to her by the Store Manager.
- Recognized by Store Manager for service excellence; efficiently executed tasks assigned to her by the Store Manager.
- Recognized by District Buyer for exceptional leadership; effectively communicated with District Buyer on behalf of Store Buyers.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 11
- Managed inventory supplies for the company’s largest store in Northern Virginia.
- Tracked vendor shipments, RMA’s, and returned items to minimize customer complaints.
- Eliminated product discrepancies by scanning merchandise before shipment to the store.
- Resolved customer concerns by replacing or repairing damaged merchandise.
- Directed shipping operations to eliminate delays in order fulfillment between vendors and manufacturing facilities.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 12
- Delivered sales increases year-over-year by effectively managing the product mix.
- Created profitable sales throughout the entire store by maintaining an average of 10% markups on all items sold.
- Earned recognition as a Merchandise Manager for besting national and regional monthly sales; contributed to an average annual increase in total annual profits exceeding $100,000.
- Achieved award for highest customer satisfaction scores; tracked daily customer responses and addressed any potential issues.
- Received award as most valuable employee; handled over 250 individual customer requests and inquiries per month; satisfied or exceeded 95% of customers’ expectations or needs.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 13
- Committed to the meeting setpoint by closing out merchandise lines, incorporating seasonal merchandise, and providing seasonal product specialties.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service; successfully handling customer complaints by providing proper resolution.
- Certified in advanced merchandising techniques; presented to the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; employee selected for senior employee of the month award while consistently meeting sales goals.
- Recruited as a member of a team responsible for one of the company’s most successful marketing campaigns within a three-year period during a high-growth time period.
Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 14
- Participated in the development of a customer appreciation program, therefore recognized for job performance. Developed a comprehensive merchandising plan which was executed with no significant issues. Developed a merchandising budget that accurately projected sales and revenue.
- Implemented a quick turnaround time on the selling of merchandise to suppliers who included Diamond Brands, Columbia Sportswear, and Fjallraven backpacks.
- Completed six sales calls in the month of December to meet quarterly goals; met quota for the quarter by posting revenue growth over the previous quarter; received recognition for outstanding performance; passed out seasonal presents to employees.
- Business increased by an additional 100% of the previous year’s revenue due to highly specialized service to core customer base; led team members in providing outstanding service.
- Received outstanding quality award; obtained exemplary guidance from the Manager in which one was able to obtain service in a timely manner.
To become an Apparel Buyer, you will need a degree in Retail Management, Business, Economics, or Marketing. An Apparel Buyer will need the ability to think creatively, the ability to pick out future trends, good communication skills, confidence, great presentation skills, superb decision-making skills, and great negotiation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Apparel Buyer Resume Samples
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 1
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 2
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 3
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 4
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 5
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 6
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 7
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 8
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 9
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 10
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 11
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 12
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 13
- Apparel Buyer Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up