Smart phones are everywhere due to their convenience, and have become an almost essential part of modern life. As a result, the application business that designs the tools they use is more productive than ever, and an application developer is a key part of turning those application ideas into profitable realities for users to have in their phone across the world.
How to Become a Successful Application Developer?
A high level of technical and coding expertise is a must for this field, as you will need to know how to program the apps you want to create. A minimum of a four year diploma in a technology focused field is the minimum requirement for almost all employers, and going beyond will certainly help you stand out.
Even if you have ideas for your own apps, you will almost definitely work with established teams on developing their own apps before you can work on your own. This will allow you to get the skills you need and helps you network, which can be very important in this field as teamwork is essential to getting anything done.
Working for other companies will require you to develop the design, layout and function for new applications so they can be ready to sell as soon as possible and with as few bugs as possible, as users will want immediate access to a working product that doesn’t show signs of being bugged or frustrating.
Once you have enough standing or resources you can develop and pitch your own ideas, which will allow you to sell a product of your own that you believe will be profitable, and having your name on it will make you the one people will look to if it succeeds. This can be a gaming app, a function app, or whatever you have an idea for.
The Best Application Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Application Developer resumes for your reference.
- Worked with Swift, and Cocoa Frameworks, which includes UIKit, Foundation and UIDatePicker.
- Implemented custom delegate methods to pass the data between two view controllers.
- Worked with Navigations controllers, Navigation Bars Tab Bars.
- Used SWRevealViewController for revealing a rear (left and/or right) view controller behind a front controller.
- Designed and developed UI components, implemented event handling using C#, DHTML, JQuery, and AJAX and also worked on CSS to get consistent look and feel of the web site.
- Implemented features like Partial classes, Anonymous types, Read-Only Properties, Collections, polymorphism and inheritance of C# in building data entity model.
- Implemented Generics for creating object collections and extensively implemented for maintaining type safety so that run time errors were reduced.
- Developed Master Pages with customization for various user roles and user controls to accept common request details.
- Devised MAXIMO -based solutions responding to proposals, and Support Services Management Teams to develop MAXIMO based offerings to support market facing activities.
- Determined appropriate configuration of database settings for the size of the database required.
- Translated business and technical requirements into a project and architectural blueprint that achieves the desired business outcomes, including identifying solutions.
- Helped define scope of the project via a broader solution and visioning conversations.
- Facilitate meeting on the backend to resolve conflicts and aid in timely completion of project i.e. assisting with resolving issues developers may face.
- Lead deployment of new release into production i.e. facilitating in bringing regions/partitions down validating install and bringing these regions backup so as to accept incoming traffic.
- Reduce real time production impact when an issue occurs weighing the pros and cons of adding or removing a change that is impacting transactions.
- Initially provided bug-fix support for the ConnectWise Automate product for partner-reported defects in the core product and various supported plugins.
- Working as primary developer for the ConnectWise Control integration with ConnectWise Automate.
- Recently began working on soon to be introduced web-based version of the product on both the REST API backend, as well as front-end utilizing React with Redux as the basis.
- Administrate development, testing, and production environments of FIU’s ServiceNow Instances.
- Analyze user specifications into its simplest forms to develop required functionality.
- Conduct user-acceptance testing with departments to ensure functionality can be used effortlessly and effectively.
- Worked with Business System Analysts to understand what the business wants/needs.
- Participated in Business Requirement reviews and Functional Requirement reviews.
- Developed technical design specifications for system enhancements based on the business needs.
- Performed coding/programming tasks to design specifications and according to standards.
- Lead Developer for the creation of new Oracle Hyperion Essbase cubes sourced from the Teradata Warehouse to consolidate multiple corporate data warehouses into one enterprise view.
- Developed new Operating Revenue and Subscriber Volumes Essbase cubes using Enterprise Integration Services to automate the creation of outlines from new Teradata views.
- Developed new proof of concept Essbase cubes to demonstrate the feasibility of combining source data from legacy wireline and wireless data into one cube.
- Developed systems for requesting new equipment as well as systems for collecting data from a variety of sources and in-house software projects.
- Created a software solution for migrating decoders to a new standard largely using ASP.NET and C#.
- Designed and implemented a database for tracking loaned and sold decoders using MS SQL.
- Analyzed wireframes, testing and analytics platforms, data requirements, and partner specific practices to provide level of effort required to implement the task including designing testing procedures and finding resources, formulating technical requirements.
- Provided recommendations and technical support to company partners.
- Produced Google Analytics audit documentation, thorough instructions on implementation of Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, and Google Analytics tracking code.
- Created numerous A/B, Inline, and multivariate tests using different testing platforms such as Google Analytics and Optimizely.
- Created mobile and desktop checkout/landing page flows for fortune 500 companies and numerous others.
- Contract assignment requiring completion of projects to increase functionality of quoting systems.
- Provided support and development of in-house insurance quoting and claims management systems.
- Primary focus was to develop and maintain code for legacy system in vb.net and c#.
- Developed web services and managed projects for migration, government regulated rate change initiatives, and credit scoring integration.