Application Developers work with companies to develop new applications for use in the office. Duties can include helping companies select products, developing software and hardware solutions, or analyzing existing programs to identify areas for improvement. Top skills for this position include strategic thinking, analytical skills, communication, creativity, and computer software. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, but some applicants have completed enough coursework to prove proficiency in most areas of need.
The Best Application Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Application Developer resumes for your reference.
- Worked with Swift, and Cocoa Frameworks, which includes UIKit, Foundation, and UIDatePicker.
- Implemented custom delegate methods to pass the data between two view controllers.
- Worked with Navigations controllers, Navigation Bars Tab Bars.
- Used SWRevealViewController for revealing a rear (left and/or right) view controller behind a front controller.
- Developed the operating system for a handheld device to transfer email messages and faxes to newspaper editorial staff on-road assignments.
- Designed and developed UI components, implemented event handling using C#, DHTML, JQuery, and AJAX, and also worked on CSS to get a consistent look and feel of the website.
- Implemented features like Partial classes, Anonymous types, Read-Only Properties, Collections, polymorphism and inheritance of C# in building data entity model.
- Implemented Generics for creating object collections and extensively implemented for maintaining type safety so that run time errors were reduced.
- Developed Master Pages with customization for various user roles and user controls to accept common request details.
- Devoted nine months to develop a 3-D software program for a client who needed advanced user interfaces, which would be used in conjunction with the operation of surgical equipment.
- Devised MAXIMO -based solutions responding to proposals, and Support Services Management Teams to develop MAXIMO-based offerings to support market-facing activities.
- Determined appropriate configuration of database settings for the size of the database required.
- Translated business and technical requirements into a project and architectural blueprint that achieves the desired business outcomes, including identifying solutions.
- Helped define the scope of the project via a broader solution and visioning conversations.
- Completed an integrated Cash Management System for a local bank that delivers online reports to manage daily activity.
- Facilitate meetings on the backend to resolve conflicts and aid in timely completion of projects i.e. assisting with resolving issues developers may face.
- Lead deployment of new release into production i.e. facilitating in bringing regions/partitions down validating install and bringing these regions backup so as to accept incoming traffic.
- Reduce real-time production impact when an issue occurs weighing the pros and cons of adding or removing a change that is impacting transactions.
- Instructed clients during one-on-ones on how to use Microsoft Excel in order to give the end results they are seeking.
- Assisted a company in the development of a client-server software-based system to monitor and control power distribution systems.
- Initially provided bug-fix support for the ConnectWise Automate product for partner-reported defects in the core product and various supported plugins.
- Working as the primary developer for the ConnectWise Control integration with ConnectWise Automate.
- Recently began working on soon be introduced a web-based version of the product on both the REST API backend, as well as front-end utilizing React with Redux as the basis.
- Extensive experience as a software developer.
- Authorized to write code and sell thousands of lines of code to other programmers for use in their businesses.
- Administrate development, testing, and production environments of FIU’s ServiceNow Instances.
- Analyze user specifications into their simplest forms to develop required functionality.
- Conduct user-acceptance testing with departments to ensure functionality can be used effortlessly and effectively.
- Direct authoring company’s proprietary software, along with several different client programs for business use.
- Worked with Business System Analysts to understand what the business wants/needs.
- Participated in Business Requirement reviews and Functional Requirement reviews.
- Developed technical design specifications for system enhancements based on business needs.
- Performed coding/programming tasks to design specifications and according to standards.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a timely and accurate manner by writing code on a daily basis.
- Lead Developer for the creation of new Oracle Hyperion Essbase cubes sourced from the Teradata Warehouse to consolidate multiple corporate data warehouses into one enterprise view.
- Developed new Operating Revenue and Subscriber Volumes Essbase cubes using Enterprise Integration Services to automate the creation of outlines from new Teradata views.
- A developed new proof of concept Essbase cubes to demonstrate the feasibility of combining source data from legacy wireline and wireless data into one cube.
- Successfully created several custom applications and systems that operated extremely successfully under heavy load; demonstrated capability of developing all aspects of large-scale operation with ease, power, and speed.
- Maintained a comprehensive software development team; managed a group of fifteen engineers in the design, implementation, and delivery of five new applications to clients.
- Developed systems for requesting new equipment as well as systems for collecting data from a variety of sources and in-house software projects.
- Created a software solution for migrating decoders to a new standard largely using ASP.NET and C#.
- Designed and implemented a database for tracking loaned and sold decoders using MS SQL.
- Managed the full development cycle including requirements analysis, system design, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and quality assurance.
- Actively participated in all phases of software development including process improvement and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Analyzed wireframes, testing and analytics platforms, data requirements, and partner-specific practices to provide a level of effort required to implement the task including designing testing procedures and finding resources, formulating technical requirements.
- Provided recommendations and technical support to company partners.
- Produced Google Analytics audit documentation, thorough instructions on implementation of Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, and Google Analytics tracking code.
- Achieved certification from Oracle for expertise in advanced PL SQL programming and database tuning.
- Implemented automated test scripts for regression testing; developed unit test plans for code reviews prior to code approval by the project lead.
- Created numerous A/B, Inline, and multivariate tests using different testing platforms such as Google Analytics and Optimizely.
- Created mobile and desktop checkout/landing page flows for fortune 500 companies and numerous others.
- Designed and developed an online division of a software application (employee portal) that integrated fields, payroll, banking, and benefits, to improve the user experience.
- Supervised a team of workers to complete large projects in a timely manner.
- Contract assignment requiring completion of projects to increase the functionality of quoting systems.
- Provided support and development of in-house insurance quoting and claims management systems.
- The primary focus was to develop and maintain code for the legacy systems in vb.net and c#.
- Developed web services and managed projects for migration, government-regulated rate change initiatives, and credit scoring integration.
- Created an automated system that reduced variability and errors in order to meet deadlines; this led to full-time employment with the company.
How to Become a Successful Application Developer?
A high level of technical and coding expertise is a must for this field, as you will need to know how to program the apps you want to create. A minimum of a four year diploma in a technology focused field is the minimum requirement for almost all employers, and going beyond will certainly help you stand out.
Even if you have ideas for your own apps, you will almost definitely work with established teams on developing their own apps before you can work on your own. This will allow you to get the skills you need and helps you network, which can be very important in this field as teamwork is essential to getting anything done.
Working for other companies will require you to develop the design, layout and function for new applications so they can be ready to sell as soon as possible and with as few bugs as possible, as users will want immediate access to a working product that doesn’t show signs of being bugged or frustrating.
Once you have enough standing or resources you can develop and pitch your own ideas, which will allow you to sell a product of your own that you believe will be profitable, and having your name on it will make you the one people will look to if it succeeds. This can be a gaming app, a function app, or whatever you have an idea for.
Smart phones are everywhere due to their convenience, and have become an almost essential part of modern life. As a result, the application business that designs the tools they use is more productive than ever, and an application developer is a key part of turning those application ideas into profitable realities for users to have in their phone across the world.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.