Entry Level Programmers create, modify, and maintain computer programs for organizations. Duties can include designing user interfaces, testing new software or web applications, analyzing requirements to determine how a program should be designed, and troubleshooting problems related to existing programs. In this position, it is important to have strong analytical skills, analytical thinking skills, strategic thinking skills, and problem-solving skills. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, but some employers will also accept those with an associate’s degree.
The Best Entry Level Programmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Entry Level Programmer resumes for your reference.
Entry Level Programmer
- Made edits and updates to the Proprietary program currently being used in the company.
- Arranges specifications by developing logical sequence; preparing flowcharts; researching solutions.
- Verifies encoding by performing trial runs, modifying code(Visual Basic).
- Applied, trained for, and successfully obtained knowledge of five computer languages.
- Obtained and maintained various software applications for use in an interactive market environment.
Entry Level Developer
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Install and configure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) servers and associated operating systems.
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Identified, and corrected, ten software flaws; solved problems for fellow team members who were unable to complete their assignments on time.
- Enhanced program features, improved efficiency and performance standards, and reduced testing time.
- Hibernate ORM was used in the service layer to communicate to the DB2 database.
- Utilized regular expressions to identify non-compliant coding practices in thousands of JSP and java pages.
- Employed SOA Parasoft to perform Section 508 tests for disabled users and W3C Firefox plugin to identify HTML syntax errors.
- Designed and created a framework that takes data from Excel files and uses Selenium to populate all the pages in the application with data to validate error messages.
- Advised team leader on ways to better manage schedules, increase efficiency through project sharing, reduce errors by streamlining code development processes.
- Collaborative projects with work allocated among members.
- Worked with a team to build a simulator that runs in a Web browser.
- The simulator simulates a 3D maze environment, one 3D robot with manual controls, and AI-built programs using the ASU VIPLE software to navigate the user-created maze or the default.
- Tracked project costs and advised the manager on avoiding unnecessary expenses.
- Performed both wet and dry lab projects in the field of epigenetics; in the wet lab, worked on general lab techniques specific to seed production.
- Created a Python2 program exporting a CSV file of all variants in the protein domains of a given list of transcript IDs or genesis of any file type.
- The program used REST-API functions for ExAC Browser, Ensembl, and NCBI.
- Discovered and eliminated potential security holes before they became a problem.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills and advanced knowledge of programming techniques in an effort to resolve a variety of development problems.
- Worked with offshore teams and internal clients to Design and analyze the requirements of in-house applications.
- Technical experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PYTHON) architecture.
- Through the use of third-party packages, such as Fabric, Django-based CMS – Mezzanine, and Django-widget.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Trained new employees to perform complex tasks within a team environment to develop software in preparation for launching Iraq products.
- Worked in all aspects of application creation, from initial product conception to app store deployment.
- Utilization of AVFoundation for custom video capture in conjunction with Core Animation for combining videos with dynamic images.
- Incorporation of social media sharing inside of the application.
- Optimization of assets and functionality in image-rich applications to ensure smooth performance across all devices.
- Managed technical support operations including the Remote Operation Center, Application Development, and Customer Service.
- Rewrote DOS software into Windows software with 98% of clients upgrading to Windows.
- Developed software in Java, JavaFX, and C# to work with MySQL instead of FoxPro database to satisfy clients’ needs while self-teaching myself a new computer language.
- Quickly respond to clients’ issues due to my knowledge of a variety of programming languages.
- Delivered an intuitive interface design that was delivered on time and on budget. Received company recognition for outstanding customer service via an annual customer satisfaction survey from which he received the best overall rating.
- Kept close contact with product development management to ensure appropriate documentation and documentation for others to follow.
- Modeled renewable energy sources such as wind turbines, photovoltaic solar cells, and polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cells for micro-grid installation using MATLAB/Simulink software.
- Collected performance data of renewable energy sources under various environmental conditions and loads.
- Examined feasibility of an ocean wave power generator (linear generator) by creating a Simulink model.
- Compared the ocean wave generator model with existing technology of distributed generation.
- Taught me advanced Java and PHP coding languages, knowledge of databases, and software development.
- Used Grails and AngularJS with Oracle and RabbitMQ to develop custom software solutions for our customers and for internal use.
- Also maintaining and enhancing existing applications written with Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Maven.
- The focus of these applications is the supply chain portion of our business.
- Expanded expert knowledge in the following AppleScript languages: Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, OS X, iOS.
- Awarded certificate of completion for LAMP Server Administration Certificate.
- I’m responsible to program parts /assemblies thru multiple stages of manufacturing.
- This included the programming of tooling as required.
- Responsible along with the cognizant ME to meet all customer requirements while conforming to all in-house standards.
- This includes meeting the customer blueprints, tool prints, creating set-up books, and coordinating with the machinist to yield the best results of conforming parts.
- Became an MCTS in Windows Server 2012 after passing two exams.
- Developed a search engine to index, filter, and search websites on the decentralized web.
- User-friendly front-end featuring explorable tags and regex queries.
- Powerful Python backend tools to make crawling and management easier.
- Gave a presentation on systems architecture and how to find the location of an IP address for the IT Club of my college campus.
- Adeptly participated in daily system meetings while developing websites for the company’s three divisions.
How to become a Successful Entry Level Programmer?
A bachelor’s degree is required across the industry in accounting or some form of the financial field to ensure that a new hire has all the necessary education to fulfill the very math-focused needs of the position.
Occasionally, some companies will take experience in the place of education. You can take a job as a bookkeeper, a clerk, an administrative assistant, or another field that will give you experience working with money and making records for a company.
After completing your education or experience, there are a number of places you can begin to look for a position. Almost every kind of corporation requires accountants to function, so you can choose from a wide variety of positions.
Once you have your placement, it is very important that you keep very close attention to detail. Missing numbers in your math can lead to financial mistakes for the company, and they don’t want accountants who make regular mistakes.
Keeping organized and clean records will allow you to keep track of everything required and will allow you to work less, as you won’t have to look for missing information if you know where everything is and nothing is calculated wrong.
At any company there are many expenses, and an entry level accountant helps to keep track of those expenses and ensures the company isn’t losing any money. They do this by filling out reports for their superiors to oversee, checking payrolls for employees to make sure there are no errors, filling out expenses to make sure employees are compensated and following all company rules, and taking note of all the company expenses.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.