The COTA provides direct support to the therapist for patient well-being, rehabilitation and recovery. Their duties include conducting tests and evaluations, helping to develop treatment plans, helping to implement the treatment plan, maintaining records, providing reports, and operating a range of therapy equipment and devices.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant resumes for your reference.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Performed evaluations.
- Designed individual and group treatment plans.
- Managed clinical activities for children, youth, and adults.
- Supervised a team of therapists in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Achieved “Superstar” status as a call monitoring supervisor; effectively passed on to supervisors information related to deficiencies with phone system usage and customer care responses for extended periods of time.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Educated, lead, and inspired over 300 men, women, and children in self-defense, mind, and body health, and fitness.
- Instructed child advocacy classes for elementary to high school students.
- Trained staff to assist clients to improve their nutrition through study of food-related illnesses; developed nutrition program that differed from others’ in targeted age group.
- Provided training for students who worked closely with dementia patients; educated them on how to interact appropriately with individuals affected by this illness.
- Earned appreciation award for training certified nutritionists; provided guidance on the use of proper techniques for client management.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Managed two student assistants.
- Promoted the importance of patient safety, utilization of evidence-based practices, and compliance with laws/regulations to ensure optimal outcomes for patients.
- Evaluated patient care records for accuracy, completeness, relevance to medical treatment plan, progression of care goals, etc.
- Multi-tasks by working other jobs via telecommuting where I would assist at the other location until the other job was complete.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge about OSTA standards within my practice setting; received recognition from supervisors for the level of care provided to patients.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Did a great job assisting medical and psychological staff in treating patients.
- Recognized for excellent customer service skills by medical colleagues and patients.
- Received outstanding quality rating from peers, whose ratings ranged from 4 to 5 out of 5 on their performance evaluation form.
- Developed a patient’s satisfaction survey that allowed the patient to evaluate his/her experience with the therapist and the therapist’s interactions with patients.
- Motivated patients to participate in rehabilitation programs through teaching techniques such as positive reinforcement and consequence management.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Supported patients, families, and staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Assessed and documented 11 patients for potential workplace rehabilitation needs.
- Presented study of the effects on elderly patients with urinary incontinence on their daily lives for a joint conference on geriatrics and rehabilitation.
- Taught home exercise program to post-stroke patient; developed specialized exercises to regain lost balance and hand coordination.
- Implemented family education program, resulting in increase in range of motion among patients and decrease in falls by 20%.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Tutored children with developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome, autism, and cerebral palsy/developmental delay.
- Helped individuals to understand the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle through physical therapy exercises and prescribed therapy regimes.
- Adhered to all HIPAA privacy guidelines; helped to maximize privacy by obtaining waivers from people who wished to remain anonymous.
- Developed and implemented a post-secondary program that promotes independent living skills and provides work experience at fraternity houses for college students. (14 students graduated.)
- Adhered to all Baltimore City Health Department regulations; provided therapy for local community clinics as needed.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided therapy to individuals of all ages with a variety of injuries or disabilities.
- Assisted in evaluating clients for therapy needs prior to therapy sessions.
- Created treatment plans for clients with specified goals and objectives.
- Evaluated clients during and after treatment programs to assure effectiveness of program goals. Also, conveyed progress reports to clients’ physicians on a regular basis.
- Performed treatments on patients with arms, hands, legs, fingers, arms, or feet; described services provided as screening evaluations, rehabilitation plans, functional training plans, and medical-legal documentation.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Worked as a certified COTA at Eden Medical Center, where I provided occupational therapy for patients to help them adjust to everyday tasks.
- Conducted discharge planning to evaluate the patient’s mobility, self-care, and safety skills.
- Calculated Range of Motion using manual goniometry. This included measuring the patient’s ability to bend, flex, traction, and internal rotation.
- Developed alternative splinting techniques following surgery or after an injury. This included applying bandage splints to the affected area.
- Provided additional assistance with activities of daily living during rehabilitation. Assisted patients with their daily assignments by providing encouragement and compassion during all therapy sessions.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Adhered to strict protocols for patient care.
- Unveiled therapeutic benefits of Tai Chi to patients with chronic pain, post-operative patients, and persons recovering from injuries.
- Developed a rehabilitation program based on standard motor skills for persons with arthritis or “tennis elbow.”
- Completed flexibility training to increase full extension through range of motion exercises by over 50% in the wrist area. This included limited flexion.
- Allowed patients to operate their wheelchairs using adaptive equipment for at least six months without assistance; decreased dependence on machines during recovery periods.
To work as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, you will need to have an Associates degree accredited by the ACOTE, along with sixteen weeks of fieldwork under a therapist, First Aid and CPR. The COTA must know evaluation methods, be familiar with different therapy methods, have strong written and verbal communication, excellent record-keeping and documentation abilities, wonderful collaboration skills, patience, and be abler to lift to 50 pounds.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Samples
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Wrap Up