A Director of Construction manages a construction project from beginning to end. Their duties include supervising project managers, hiring employees, communicating with finance department, challenging changes to the plan, managing junior teams, helping with document creation, developing long-term scheduling, and reading construction plans.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Construction Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Construction resumes for your reference.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 1
- Directed the construction of two upscale neighborhoods, totaling $10 million in value.
- Managed materials and labor to ensure that projects were completed within budget and on time.
- Hired contractors for site clearing, excavating, grading, septic system installation, underground utilities (electricity/telephone/cable), swimming pools, sprinkler systems, paving & asphalt driveway installation, retaining walls & fencing.
- Evaluated bids from national specialty subcontractors for install of windows, roofing systems (metal/asphalt), siding material (cedar plank/stone veneer), cabinets (kitchen/bath cabinets) tile work (flooring) & water heater installations.
- Evaluated bids and assigned tasks to crews for new construction and renovation of both single family homes and multi-unit apartment complexes.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 2
- Managed $10 million construction project, in terms of schedule and budget, from the pre-construction meeting to ground breaking to completion.
- Collaborated with architects on development of a 60 acre subdivision integrating engineering specifications into design.
- Chaired five committees focusing on community relations, environmental impact, traffic congestion mitigation, health care services distribution center access road design, and school construction.
- Created a unified effort among team members by establishing goals and priorities while providing information sharing opportunities.
- Leveraged extensive experience for effective training at a recent conference including presentation to over 100 people covering topics such as safety awareness and compliance with federal guidelines.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 3
- Planned, organized, supervised, and executed the construction of over $100MM in commercial properties.
- Established relationships with subcontractors to ensure quality craftsmanship while achieving projects on time.
- Oversaw the selection of suppliers to provide materials for projects; negotiated favorable prices to keep budgets within constraints.
- Administered all regulatory approvals related to projects including permitting, zoning variances, certificates of occupancy, and building inspections.
- Conducted site visits during construction process to assess workmanship; made recommendations for resolving project deficiencies prior to completion.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 4
- Completed multi-million dollar projects on schedule and under budget.
- Effectively managed the construction of a new hospital wing for over $12 million, reducing time to complete by 20 percent.
- Introduced highly effective construction management procedures improving construction safety, productivity, quality control, and cost savings.
- Pioneered cabling installation for an entire campus including fiber optics as well as low voltage wiring; revamping electrical distribution system as well as local area networks; implementing PBX telephone system; and installing sound attenuation walls.
- Spearheaded design development of a Religious Conference Center including gross square footage calculations and material take-offs; created building lay-outs and elevations; and prepared final cost estimates.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 5
- Managed a business with an annual revenue of $3 million.
- Oversaw the construction of hundreds of new projects, including homes, shopping centers, and office buildings.
- Planned crew schedules to maximize work flow while meeting deadlines.
- Streamlined internal processes for greater production efficiencies.
- Promoted from Supervisor due to excellent company growth and profitability during tenure.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 6
- Represented the company at all public hearings and related meetings.
- Oversaw construction of a $3.5 million project and maintained fee schedule and time schedule.
- Planned, managed, and directed 45 staff members with budgets totaling $15 million to build three new schools in two years.
- Performed as site representative for over 100 commercial construction projects during four-year tenure as Senior Project Manager.
- Won numerous awards for safety awareness initiatives within the company; recognized for innovative programs that raised compliance scores from 67% to 73%.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 7
- Saw the need to form new department for government projects. Reorganized and expanded company by forming Associated Development Consultants, Incorporated (ADC).
- Authorized incremental staff increases of 20% annually; supervised staffs of over 200 employees.
- Collected $13 million in overdue accounts; restored budget balance within six months of assignment.
- Overcame cash flow problems via development of Commercial Real Estate Division, securing 40 new jobs with annual sales of $40 million.
- Managed operations through past three recessions; established new standard for economy measures during downturns while maintaining positive growth rates.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 8
- Assembled a specialized construction crew in less than 90 days, saving time and expense by using pre-qualified subcontractors that I had previously worked with.
- Reorganized a construction site that was behind schedule due to poor management; completed project on budget and ahead of schedule.
- Examined building plans for several large commercial projects in order to identify errors and potential problems.
- Developed an accurate spreadsheet model for the estimation of constructability issues related to a project’s design, facilitating quick review by senior engineers from the client company.
- Negotiated with contractor over $50,000 in change orders before reaching final payment settlement with client company representative.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 9
- Managed construction projects totaling approximately $500 million in revenue.
- Received Outstanding Accomplishment Award for leading the agency through its largest renovation since conception; created new 1,000 sq. ft. fitness center and 5,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art teen center with stage and sound booth.
- Developed program to improve workforce diversity by 40% within two years; recognized as one of the nation’s top 10 agencies, nationally ranked # 1 in African American and Latino hiring practices (Black Enterprise Magazine).
- Provided leadership and direction on several architectural design teams during design/construction phase of major regional project valued at $150 million.
- Implemented a water quality control program which reduced expenses by $1 million per year.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 10
- Efficiently managed construction professionals for the implementation of new technologies to improve computer-aided design.
- Acted as liaison between architects, construction teams, and equipment manufacturers in order to expedite project completion deadlines.
- Resolved concerns with the building code while ensuring compliance with city ordinances by communicating with local officials.
- Managed a team of over 20 individuals by overseeing the coordination of site logistics including traffic flow management and parking lot layout.
- Imposed corporate values upon employees through leadership seminars that improved communication within work groups, reduced employee turnover rates, and increased morale.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw the refurbishing of 7,000 square feet of showroom space for a leading furniture retailer.
- Managed the construction project to completion within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Increased profits by providing staff with necessary training to increase sales during lunch hour periods.
- Initiated new marketing strategies that resulted in doubling company revenue year-over-year since 2012.
- Led efforts to improve overall customer satisfaction during rush hour periods by ensuring proper equipment maintenance and facilitating line management techniques.
Director of Construction Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw projects worth $20,000,000 in value after receiving full P&L responsibility.
- Managed projects ranging from design phase to final close for single family housing, multifamily complexes, commercial retail properties, and public works projects.
- Mentored subordinates to ensure team-building objectives were consistently met by providing training and guidance on company policies and procedures.
- Handled all aspects of responsibilities related to construction sites; included supervising subcontractors, ensuring compliance with local building codes/ordinances/standards requirements.
- Streamlined processes by implementing new accounting software that improved daily reporting process times by 30%.
The most common requirement for this job is a bachelor’s degree in construction management, but many people only have a high school diploma. Skills needed are strong communication skills, the ability to motivate others, strong time management skills, organizational skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, problem-solving skills, good computer skills, and good interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Director Of Construction Resume Samples
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 1
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 2
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 3
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 4
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 5
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 6
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 7
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 8
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 9
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 10
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 11
- Director of Construction Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up