An IT development manager oversees a team of information technology professionals to assist business growth. An IT development manager’s duties include hiring staff, training staff, establishing budgets, providing advice to end users, computer network development, application testing, and developing IT infrastructure.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Development Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Development Manager resumes for your reference.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 1
- Effectively managed a team of fourteen from concept to completion. Led a solution from wad to deployment to the customer in two months, four weeks ahead of schedule.
- Increased by eighteen percent productivity in less than six months by implementing a new project management methodology. I led a team of six developers in a six-month project whose scope increased nearly four-fold during development because the customer added ancillary functionality to meet their needs.
- Led a major application upgrade project that included three million lines of code and resulted in an eighteen percent improvement in performance for our flagship product. I led a team of three developers who developed report-writer report generators from scratch from requirements documents that were written during this period.
- Consulted for a major telecom company in the implementation of their CRM project. I designed and developed several database tables that are still in use by the customer today.
- Completed Y2K compliance upgrades that increased the capacity of our flagship product by forty percent worldwide.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 2
- Designed professional-level software; was responsible for the overall design of the overall application.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained requirements for the software before the code writing process.
- Collaborated with clients to develop an effective proposal.
- Maintained object-oriented architecture; did not change or modify existing code without the approval of the client.
- Adhered to high standards of performance and professionalism at all times; non-negotiable in client relations.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 3
- Founded a company in less than 3 years; transformed a prototype into a finished product.
- Established effective working relationships with automation developers, credit bureaus, and attorneys. Met monthly with the customer advisory board to review the status of the product and to ensure quality control.
- Established effective working relationships with corporate executives. Identified opportunities for improvement; presented plans for financial growth and projected sales goals to corporate executives. Directed development team’s efforts toward growth goals; actively collaborated with other managers, customers, and vendors.
- Earned appreciation for saving the company $30,000 in annual expenses by moving to host to Web-based platform, reducing infrastructure costs to $5 per user.
- Played a pivotal role in the company’s IPO. Appointed to oversee corporate sales, marketing, and customer service functions to ensure regulatory compliance.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 4
- Effectively addressed customer needs and concerns about any problems encountered with the software product to ensure satisfaction.
- Accomplished training for staff so they could effectively uphold the software programming guidelines.
- Maintained a professional image and professional attitude while dealing with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Accomplished a task in a timely manner; demonstrated initiative in completing tasks.
- Was recognized by the CEO for the outstanding quality of output while collaborating with project teams to meet deadlines and product specifications.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 5
- Developed new versions of software with ease, overcoming challenges in interfacing with various computer systems.
- Organized staff to ensure smooth integration of new infrastructure.
- Responsibilities included drafting specifications, coordinating budget, writing functional requirements, and ensuring adherence to task deadlines.
- Focused on staff efficiency and effectiveness, with an emphasis on developing procedure manuals for department members.
- Improved documentation process for team members by training them in the proper use of documentation tools.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed project teams with limited supervision; identified opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness; implemented new project management systems.
- Managed multiple projects to meet deadlines; developed objective criteria for ranking, reflecting, and evaluating the accuracy of goals.
- Solved complex technical problems using established procedures; developed cost reduction measures to optimize the use of limited resources.
- Established, monitored, and enforced performance standards; coordinated activities to avoid overlapping schedules and common causes of delays. Introduced policies and procedures to improve effectiveness and eliminate waste.
- Sought advice from subject matter experts to solve difficult problems; ensured that documentation was approved before release into a production environment.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 7
- Completed several projects to specification and under budget; received recognition as a superior performer by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Redesigned and implemented a new system for monitoring and reporting on sales and marketing expenses; used to set budgets and to identify employee, vendor, employee vs. vendor hours, etc.
- Assisted with setting up new computer systems for all employees across the country; initiated seven-day workweeks during the transition period from old systems to new. The old system crashed twice during this time, but I was able to save critical data from crashing by quickly performing backup operations.
- Obtained marketing data from new and existing customers in a timely and accurate manner; increased revenue by $2.9 million and reduced operational expenses by 20%.
- Increased office administration efficiency; developed a new system to store the files of customers that we service.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 8
- Designed and developed database systems for a major financial institution.
- Installed and configured a web server to host a corporate intranet for a Fortune 1000 company.
- Mastered Microsoft Access from VBA programmer to database administrator from scratch by creating an internal intranet site from scratch using Access, then switched over to SQL Server with DTS.
- Established security policies using Group Policy Manager, Windows Firewall, and Active Directory groups/users/permissions; planned and secured firewall rules to allow access, yet restrict potential intruders by group-based rules.
- Administered AD groups using AD module then created user profiles, assigned rights, delegated profiles, and delegated the rights based on Business Units.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 9
- Innovated and developed new systems and processes with the help of a cross-functional team that included: project managers, developers, QA specialists, and testers.
- Identified weak spots in the existing development process and product specifications; created comprehensive documentation of problems found.
- Created test plans to ensure changes were made before deployment.
- Ran over 100 automated regression tests to validate the functionality of the application before launch.
- Managed nightly builds to ensure the system was bug-free each day prior to launching during peak periods.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 10
- Increased productivity by 50% within a six-month period by streamlining manual processes and applying innovative technology.
- Directed the process of defining an enterprise architecture, resulting in IT controls that improved operational efficiency and increased security.
- Coordinated cross-functional teams to develop a new product that was 40% faster than its predecessor; received a bonus for my contributions to this achievement.
- Sang in the choir and traveled with my family to Europe; demonstrated an understanding of business objectives and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Received award for outstanding performance; met revenue goals for the first time in eight quarters despite the slow economy.
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 11
- Implemented and maintained complex and customized software for various Microsoft technologies and products.
- Installed and configured AVG Antivirus on the computer. Maintained personal firewall to block any unauthorized intrusion into the company’s network.
- Installed and configured database software on Windows platforms, MySQL 4.1.
- Configured XENIX, Solaris environments with RedHat 7.3 subsystems. Installed Linux system from scratch on Solaris server platform, including databases, web/application servers, application support servers, VPN servers, etc.
- Using Linux, configured and activated three software products: User Groupware (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, SMTP), User Local Directory (Kerberos), and WebMail (WebDAV).
IT Development Manager Resume Sample 12
- Credited with the creation of a new system that ensured the secure transmission of data to customers.
- Developed a system that allowed the existing website to receive 100,000 hits per day.
- Managed staff of 25 software developers, database administrators, and systems analysts who worked in the infrastructure technology division.
- Maintained budgets required to support application development projects worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Led test team during successful website launch for databases, internet applications, and other important computer resources at the company’s Interactive Media Division.
To become an IT development manager, at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science is required, in addition to years of experience. An IT development manager must be creative, must have excellent managerial skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be a problem-solver, must be able to work in a team, and must be an expert with IT systems.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.