Travel Sales Consultants work for travel agencies and help clients plan trips domestically and internationally and help get together all their travel requirements. Duties include researching travel destinations, researching prices, customs, weather conditions, and reviews, book tickets, lodging, and rental cars, stay up to date with the latest industry trends, and promoting services.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Travel Sales Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Travel Sales Consultant resumes for your reference.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Trained and supervised five new sales associates while achieving the highest sales volume in region and contributing to the state’s best performing team.
- Secured a six-figure contract by closing sale in less than three weeks after opening.
- Managed over twenty-five telemarketing representatives to meet or exceed corporate performance standards during times of failure, delay, and slowdowns.
- Expanded sales activity across ten states by determining effectiveness of sales representatives and local markets to develop plans for growth.
- Established nationwide system for consistent, timely accounts receivable follow-up with creditors from accounts payable office via telephone calls that generated ten figure annual gain for company.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Completed sales quotas by selling motor coaches, construction equipment, and yachts.
- Concluded new business by creating long-term relationships with key buyers.
- Proved ability to initiate contracts while keeping in mind company objectives and customers’ goals.
- Performed the role of lead negotiator during negotiations resulting in a new order for motor coaches.
- Proved ability to negotiate and influence a financial agreement firsthand by obtaining needed equipment for construction companies.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Assisted a C.E.O. to locate new international sales outlets and negotiate a foreign transaction volume of over $200,000,000 per year.
- Directed U.S./Canadian sales staff in opening new accounts with the help of an integrated customer service and sales support system that ensured customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Established firm’s office in the Middle East, assisting in all phases of launching a travel business there for two customers, including travel reservations for high net worth individuals and government officials from both countries.
- Secured business by planning, organizing and leading a multi-nation trade delegation, composed of client and vendor representatives.
- Ordered and scheduled the daily travel of clients’ staffs aboard multiple aircraft worldwide, executed using full knowledge of TSA regulations.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Achieved sales goals totaling $48,000.
- Promoted travel sales event throughout the year, securing strong, repeat business.
- Attained sales of $122,000 in three months; established personal rapport and reputation as a top performer.
- Attained monthly sales of $5,000; developed a successful travel program for high-end clients.
- Developed a successful travel program for clients in international business; obtained promotional award and increased recognition of product by client.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Presented travel products to customers and responded, in person, to customer telephone inquiries for reservations or product information.
- Oversaw a team of five sales associates; interacted with both external customers and internal personnel.
- Became the top-producing salesperson of the year by completing an average of $45,000 worth of processing sales per month.
- Received a 25% increase in my base salary while also receiving an additional $1,200 bonus; recognized by my supervisor for outstanding performance and achievements.
- Established long-lasting relationships with clients who were repeat customers based on exemplary customer service offered to others.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Awarded Salesman of the Year for achieving 100% increase in sales revenue over previous years during a time of a 10% decline for the industry.
- Achieved recognition as top travel consultant who effectively marketed, organized and managed travel packages for clients.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with businesses and professional athletes to bring them together as corporate teams for various sports competitions.
- Reduced expenses incurred by customers during times of economic hardship by negotiating reduced rates through travel providers.
- Recognized as top performer in sales by securing $30,000 worth of corporate services through personal contacts at a trade show.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Successfully sold over two million dollars in sales to Las Vegas and Ontario, Canada hotels and condominiums.
- Earned an excellent reputation as a top producer in the company by delivering above-average results for three years.
- Reaped commissions of $2,000 or more following each of the five sales calls made to Florida hotels in one three-week period (25 sales trips).
- Successfully recommended new business opportunities at major condominium complexes in Vancouver, Canada with all four travel agents who represented their stakes.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills after spearheading a successful partnership initiative with the six other travel agents in the chain.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Representing agency, helped increase sales by 35% within the first 2 months; recognized by President for success.
- Presented a seminar at the local Chamber of Commerce; received compliments for an inspirational and insightful speech regarding selling techniques.
- Became top sales agent for entire county; provided outstanding leadership to other agents, who exceeded sales goals by 17%, throughout the region.
- Increased customer base by 10% within first 6 weeks while lead representative while on temporary assignment in new territory.
- Uncovered unique methods in used car pricing that improved customer satisfaction, turnover rate, and gross profits within 3 months time period.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented a ground-up sales plan for a California-based biotechnology company with revenues of $100 million.
- Accomplished results by identifying, courting and closing over 300 new clients with solid interest in pre-clinical development products.
- Fired the imagination of both investor and customer by creating excitement, awareness, and momentum using innovative marketing techniques that played to the client’s competitive advantages.
- Recorded a $40 million quarterly sales increase while reducing head count by two employees.
- Recipient of work from prestigious industry publications “Inc.” and “Time”.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Established and maintained an effective sales team by ensuring every applicant was properly trained in customer service and sales.
- Mentored, cajoled, pushed, teased, encouraged, and celebrated twenty plus salesmen to exceed quota while maintaining high quality standards.
- Maintained a close relationship with all team members; reported daily departmental performance to management.
- Earned top sales award; established new potentials for successful career development.
- Received outstanding employee recommendation from CEO; valued as a positive influence on the entire office environment.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Researched and booked business travel at discounted rates.
- Earned sales award from the Assistant Vice President for establishing and maintaining a 95% average monthly ticket balance in comparison to the target goal of 80%.
- Recognized as a top performer from the Regional Manager for achieving more than 15% growth over two consecutive quarters during which the company achieved national recognition for sales success.
- Recipient of Sales Award of Merit; consistently exceeded quota on a monthly basis.
- Recognized by colleagues as an exceptional motivator; positively influenced morale by hosting contests and generating excitement through teamwork and group events.
Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Sold a variety of tours and cruises to both domestic and international clients.
- Closed $27,000 per month in monthly sales by utilizing psychology and relationship development skills.
- Managed accounts, while maintaining an average of 2 year retention rate.
- Represented a client with over $1 million in annual sales; conducted personal travel office visits on average once per week.
- Received Outstanding Salesperson award; maintained an average of 84% open and 90% closed ratios throughout the 1 year trial period.
You must have a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, or Business. Required skills include strong communication skills, organizational skills, sales skills, computer skills, critical thinking skills, customer service skills, and time-management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Travel Sales Consultant Resume Samples
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Travel Sales Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up