A training specialist is responsible for providing new employees with the appropriate training to successfully complete their job. Duties include developing and delivering training programs, ensuring that employees are satisfied with their training, planning employee training courses, and assessing the strengths and weaknesses of new hires. The top skills for this position are public relations, customer service, critical thinking/problem solving, public speaking, and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with experience in human resources or business management.
The Best Training Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Training Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Facilitates in-person training sessions and proficiency testing to the provider network, which includes instructor lead classroom reviews.
- Improve and revise training structures materials for training and development.
- Manages and serves as system administrator for the on-site learning platform to monitor, report, and analyze internal users.
- Continually improve and standardize the onsite training process as well as QKC Training.
- Managed employee development and training program, integrating curriculum design with individualized learning needs.
- Trained and managed 6 facilitators and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
- Prepared brochures and power points containing information about workshops and center services, and created soft skills curriculum.
- Reviewed workshop material and suggested changes in format.
- Led a team of project managers and trainers to develop, implement, and review workforce strategies.
- Coached leadership and communicative skills for corporate employees.
- Ensured regulatory and position-required training for the asset was fulfilled and refreshed on time.
- Conducted technical training including hands-on P&ID use, basic sciences, and proactive driving.
- Developed competency models for frontline, supervisory, and engineering positions.
- Implemented a robust Learning Management System for records retention and scheduling.
- Oversaw and drove the project to upgrade 500+ Gas Plant SOPs to ensure PSM compliance.
- Utilized the ADDIE process to determine the learning modality and delivery of training including the input from the business partner, collaboration with SMEs, and the needs of the learner.
- Identified training gaps and consulted with business partners to determine training needs for the business.
- Learning/training included new hire orientation, performance management, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Facilitated e-learning, web training, instructor-led training, software training, product training, technical training, and train the trainer sessions through all levels of the organization.
- Trained for human resources positions including being a company representative at the state level annual employee relations fair.
- Coaching, facilitating, and discussing recommendations for management team development needs and process improvement strategies.
- Overhauled new hire and orientation & training program and process.
- Streamlined content for an easier experience, and created resource guides for continued engagement.
- Created role-based departmental training programs for new hires as continued education for use after completing the initial onboarding.
- Trained current employees to the highest standards of conducting supervisory training.
- Create training videos using Camtasia and Captivate software to train internal and external customers on standard procedures and processes and/or share information on policies.
- Liaison between project managers and internal stakeholders to effectively plan, prioritize, assign, and coordinate all required tasks to meet training deadlines.
- Plan, design, review, revise, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures and evaluates data and reviews reports for approval.
- Design, develop, evaluate and review training materials; recommends modifications as appropriate to improve results to training modules and text materials.
- Trained two employees to become capable of handling the demands of their new positions, which were previously handled by three people.
- Analyzed, identified, researched, and recommended staff training needs through analysis of needs assessment and survey data.
- Designed, developed, and delivered customized program training using computer databases, and customer service skills including reducing escalated concerns and meeting the needs of customers who were affected by disasters.
- Utilized content knowledge, collaboration with subject matter experts, and in-depth study of related resources to design, develop, implement and evaluate curriculum using ADDIE, Criterion Referenced, or other accepted curriculum design methods to create measurable learning objectives, scope, appropriate learning events, create multimedia training materials, publish Instructor Guides, Lesson Plans, and evaluation tools for effective delivery and evaluation of training.
- Integrated cross-training classes for newly hired employees to make them more efficient in each other’s positions.
- Helped restructure training program to include a self-paced instructional video program as an alternative method to attend required training sessions.
- Provides direct in-home community-based Applied Behavior Analysis, ABA therapy services for children or adults diagnosed with a broad range of developmental disabilities, and provide training to all persons related to behavioral programming.
- Coach, evaluate, and mentor members who are delivering inventions to ensure quality that will meet the needs of consumers and their family members.
- Worked within a team and interacted effectively with individuals, staff, and referral sources.
- Responsible for creating and designing an online employee evaluation that was used for the assessment of multiple employees in order to improve overall performance.
- Achieved the highest recognition among peers by receiving the perfect score on the company’s customer survey, which measured overall satisfaction.
- Serves as EMT Program Manager for the base with currently 44 EMTs assigned. Conducts EMT refresher classes to ensure EMTs stay current on their registration.
- Trains over 100 personnel deployed overseas in Self-Aid and Buddy Care annually.
- Serves as Program Director for the base BLS Program. Currently have 41 instructors under my guidance.
- Oversees over 200 BLS classes taught annually with approximately 1500 students.
- Implemented basic to advanced training presentations and workshops.
- Train and manage new hire classes for Verizon FIOS and Verizon Telematics contracts.
- Developed administrative tools and processes to streamline training efficiency and production.
- Participate in weekly communications with Client Care and the VZT leadership teams.
- Organize and build training structure from the ground up for all VZT Lines of Business.
- Organized, updated, and documented company training programs; mentored 11 subordinates regarding the delivery of 1-900 support services.
- Conduct Web-Ex Training sessions for refresher training for Esurance claims department.
- Assist in developing new courses for Esurance learning management system.
- Facilitate new hire Rapid Response onboarding and development of first 10 weeks of employment.
- Facilitate Training for New Hire Orientation for all new hires to Esurance.
- Provided travel, lodging, and conference registration fees to all participants attending multiple annual national conferences on behalf of my company.
- Developed ESL program from one class to seven classes based on the needs of the institution.
- Teaches Listening, Conversation, Presentation, Writing, and Pronunciation Skills to Post-Doctoral researchers.
- Conducts orientations to assist incoming students with American life and culture.
- Assisted in the implementation of a new OJT program in order to accommodate employees who did not have previous telephone experience.
- Delivered approximately 20 presentations annually on leadership skills and customer service to supervisors, managers, company executives, and vendors.
How to Become a Successful Training Specialist?
- Generally, the education for this position will be focused on a mix of communication and business, and a bachelor’s in either field will be an excellent start to getting you the skills you need. Experience in an office setting and an understanding of corporate culture will also be a great aid in getting hired.
- Wherever you decide to seek employment, one of your key responsibilities will always be to develop new training programs in coordination with the leadership of your office to help the employees reach the desired goals and quotas for the office, which can vary a great deal for each department.
- Balance between working with the individual and working with the group is very important, as doing purely one or the other will make you miss out on key factors that can be selected for improvement. You will need to be an individual mentor as much as you will need to be a group teacher.
If you can develop a sense of who needs more one on one teaching to be at their best through the use of your people skills, then you can really save time by identifying those individuals and preemptively reaching out with the help they need. Employees will appreciate this and be far more likely to learn from you.
Individual employees often have a great deal of potential in their respective fields, and while working on the job is one of the best ways to gain experience, more individual and one in one training can be the key to helping them improve. A training specialist is there to help any specific employee or individual reach their full potential.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.