A Technical Instructor teaches classes that prepare students for a particular technical career. Their duties include designing lesson plans, giving lectures, modeling correct skills, helping students practice skills, evaluating students, providing hand-on learning experiences, preparing students for licensure, and tracking student progress.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Instructor resumes for your reference.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Informed colleagues of new lab upgrades with a newfound knowledge of the system.
- Developed a positive rapport with students and staff that resulted in increased collaboration and brainstorming sessions to improve the overall effectiveness of the program.
- Evaluated the performance of the program and recommended changes to help reach higher student achievement.
- Succeeded in reducing lab time by 10% through daily use of new technology including a new computer scheduling program, video probes, and a monthly training schedule.
- Worked with students to find alternative methods for completing assignments to accommodate various learning styles.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Received outstanding performance award from the Regional Director.
- Selected as a representative to attend a National Institute for Learning & Developmental Disabilities seminar.
- Selected as a National Accounts Representative by the Director of NuTech Associates. NuTech Associates is a division of the National Institutes for Learning & Developmental Disabilities, which is a division of the National Institutes for Health.
- Developed and taught courses to students with various disabilities, including ADD/ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, dyslexia, and Autism.
- Managed and trained technical instructors throughout the United States.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Used technical knowledge and teaching skills to teach financial concepts and skills to students.
- Designed and implemented a program for teaching financial concepts and skills, as well as the use of computers such as MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Assisted in writing lesson plans for classes that emphasized practical application over rote memorization of facts.
- Used teams to implement methods used in key subjects such as math, economics (microeconomics and introductory macroeconomics), and English (literature).
- Demonstrated the ability to teach each subject discussed including audience motivation techniques, demonstration techniques, active participation techniques, visual support techniques.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Awarded advanced certification for knowledgeable and effective preparation of students in an internship program.
- Taught future instructors how to prepare and teach lessons using the best practices and up-to-date technology.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance; taught physics effectively to students of all ages within minimum time limits.
- Developed innovative approach to teaching children automobile safety; received award from the Browning Foundation for Educational Excellence.
- Instructed students to perform experiments based on scientific theory; created an environment conducive to learning through lesson variety and hands-on activities.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach computer, math, and English courses; mentored junior staff; motivated students to achieve high standards in order to receive credentials.
- Assisted in establishing a fund-raising foundation for the school with achieved an elementary school teacher of the year award.
- Coached in inter-school sporting events in basketball, volleyball, football, and track.
- Won a youth leadership award for community service.
- Gave her students a 1-to-1 teacher/student relationship to focus on their development as individuals through quizzes and after-school study sessions.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Developed a course on using Microsoft Office products for new computer users.
- Trained 97 students during the course I developed, and received outstanding student ratings. Received, as a reward, a one-year paid sabbatical from teaching duties.
- Conceived and implemented an enrichment program for students. Students received increased scores on their English tests as a result of the program I wrote and taught.
- Received top ratings from students for increasing reading fluency.
- Received an outstanding student rating in my teaching evaluations.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Conducted training on standards for educational programs.
- Created training programs based on personal preference and reaction to work.
- Created curriculum according to the guidelines of the Education Assessment Commission (EAC).
- Trained students in the methodology of locating work; encouraged students to seek out career opportunities. Grade average improved slightly with this program.
- Presented seminars on job skills, interviewing, and resume writing; highlighted the importance of resume writing in finding employment.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Made classroom presentations of innovative strategies to improve students’ understanding of concepts.
- Coach of the year; advised students on the importance of relevant study skills, utilizing various study strategies and strategies for writing reports based on H.M.S.O. guidelines and knowledge of subject matter areas such as math and science in order to enhance performance standards in their classes, business classes, and other elective courses.
- Recognized among top-performing educators; developed an educational plan that successfully assisted 6 students to receive scholarships to major universities after graduation, including Florida State University, University of Miami, and Indiana University.
- Earned recognition for helping students overcome obstacles; developed an after-school program that exemplified the importance of goal setting and positive motivation; boosted students’ interest in homework assignments by creating a study skill program.
- Became the primary advisor to the National Honor Society due to my expertise in areas of study important to students, including government, English language arts, and biotechnology.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Successfully trained students on time management, presentation skills, customer service, and professionalism.
- Instructed students on Microsoft Office use.
- Led training sessions that included student participation using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Designed instruction materials with the help of the client. Worked to accommodate clients’ needs by adding examples and explaining non-technical aspects of technical material.
- Challenged students to learn new material in a fun way; assisted them with technical support if needed.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Increased business volume by 20% during the first year; instructed customers on the use of computerized telephone systems.
- Evaluated new system for information retrieval; maintained high standards of professional conduct with customers and fellow employees.
- A launched new training program to meet customers’ needs; developed course content for training on Advance Data Communications.
- Recognized as a trainer of the month; expanded instructional skills through participation in company workshops.
- Earned appreciation award for outstanding performance; facilitated newcomer’s adaptation to new system by serving as a role model.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and managing the training program; trained over 300 employees.
- Developed and integrated new technologies into the curriculum; established new guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Collaborated with customers to resolve problems; developed customers relationships.
- Earned Examiner’s Award; noted by the examiner as an exceptional instructor who placed first in-classroom training scores for every module taught during the year.
- Recognized by customers as a top-notch trainer on Excel 97–2000 Training Module A, B & C classes taught at the company’s San Francisco office. Received outstanding quality award for excelling beyond set standards of excellence.
Technical Instructor Resume Sample 12
- Mastered a level of skill that allowed me to create a curriculum tailored to the learning style and needs of each student.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of foundational subjects related to education.
- Created a unique program that showed students how they could effectively study, take notes, and complete assignments.
- Brokedown the process of learning into smaller steps for each student, making the process understandable and effective for those who want to learn actual skills rather than memorize information.
- Identified strengths in areas such as oral communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills that demonstrated a high level of job performance for employees in this field.
A bachelor’s degree in education is required for this job plus additional training for the particular technical field you want to teach. Skills needed are good presentation skills, good record-keeping skills, math skills, strong communication skills, organizational skills, flexibility, research skills, proficiency in MS Office applications, and commitment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Technical Instructor Resume Samples
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Technical Instructor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up