A marketing assistant helps conduct projects to help a company develop research and sales strategies. They help other marketing professionals, such as marketing executives and directors, obtain data and use that data to establish a better connection with potential consumers. Projects that marketing assistants oversee can include surveys, focus groups, and consumer relations. Marketing assistants are crucial in helping a company develop and sell a product.
How to Become a Successful Marketing Assistant?
Marketing assistants can come from a variety of backgrounds – useful skills as a marketing assistant include advertising, statistics, analytics, consumer relations, customer service, social media, and journalism. Marketing assistants need to be flexible with their acquired skills, and their background adds unique value to their work.
As a marketing assistant, you can come from a variety of educational backgrounds as well. While most companies will look for someone with at least a bachelor’s degree and maybe a year or two of experience, the most important qualities of a marketing assistant are the ability to learn, innovate, take directions, and manage time, people, and resources.
Marketing assistants need to have great organizational skills. When managing a project, a lot of people depend on marketing assistants to be able to categorize and process information, and to draw conclusions from that information.
The position of marketing assistant is perfect for anyone who wants a professional challenge with plenty of opportunities to advance their career and is in higher demand than ever before. This job is a great mix of learning opportunities and chances to innovate and lead.
The Best Marketing Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Marketing Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Ensuring an effective and professional image to your customers and an accurate portrayal of business strategies across all social media platforms.
- Advocating and making recommendations around social marketing programs, messaging, and campaigns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all company news and businesses to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information that meets business and corporate objectives.
- Exploring new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach out to target buyers
- Plan internal events for members of our organization including: happy hours with $1,000 to $4,000 budgets for 50 to 200 guests, client lunches/dinners, team yearly retreat for 30 to 40 attendees in different locations throughout the US.
- Confirm $500 to $4,000 sponsorships for firm involvement with external events by completing sponsorship form, providing logo, submitting request for payment, inviting members to attend.
- Keep track of client, prospect, referral source information and track job opportunities up to $200,000 in the firm’s customer relationship management database.
- Provided my client with reliable support needed to make leadership decisions in a 300 employee manufacturing plant.
- Created and redesigned dashboards for employee overtime, work schedules, vacation status and compliance training.
- Created and designed graphic PowerPoint presentations for company meetings displaying training statuses, and department.
- Collected and organized digital data in support of Lean Sigma projects and as a Safety Training Program team member.
- Maintained daily analytics including email send stats, coupon code stats and competitor funnels.
- Created health reports and monthly meal plans using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Managed, created and edited website content using WordPress and GitHub.
- Conceptualized creative visual concepts for social media campaigns and saw them through to development.
- Created still photographs based on departmental needs, including portraiture, as well as sports and recreational lifestyle imaging while following strict university marketing style guidelines.
- Created video campaigns for web and social media to interact with students interested in employment as well as calls-to-action for new students to experience Campus Recreation at UH.
- Manage company brand and awareness through trade shows, customer solicitation and advertising.
- Ensure appropriate placement of services through business contacts.
- Assist department leaders on business strategies; develop plans, tactics, pricing and sales strategies.
- Secondary duties are to manage an office staff of 3, assist with work contract negotiation, research customer issues and department budget development.
- Create and implement strategic marketing and advertising campaigns, promotions, and special events.
- Rebranded business successfully boosting awareness, sales, and social media following.
- Create online digital content and maintain an engaging social media presence and direct connection with clients.
- Design store signage, collateral marketing materials, and product packaging.
- Compose copy and manage editorial calendar across social media channels to increase brand awareness and engage current and potential customers.
- Project manage social media advertising campaigns while working alongside a team.
- Design content based on branding guidelines for utilization in social media, website, and digital ads using Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Execute product photography with associated copy for website publication using Magento.
- Overseeing Government quote entry and making sure they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Email correspondence between the project managers and the government buyers regarding quote extensions and negotiations.
- Review and set up of Government contracts and Commercial Purchase Orders into our Quantum database.
- Processing of UPS and FedEx for commercial orders that are ready to be shipped out.
- Processing of Request for Quotes that come in from other vendors looking for pricing and availability of parts.
- Assisted in coordination and production of promotional marketing materials to push booth traffic.
- Created/maintained up-to-date staff portfolios, conference cost reports and CRM databases.
- Researched Golder’s market on previous relationships with top clients through summary execution of opportunities, proposals, projects, and profit using Excel pivot tables.
- Performed administrative tasks for the marketing and business development team.
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve those campaigns Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the company’s brand.
- Work closely with the in-store collateral development team to create pieces to be put on retail sales floors.
- Collaborate with brand ambassadors to create innovative ways to gain exposure for client products.
- Regular contact with President, executive staff, and business development manager; managing domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Organize and follow through regarding all aspects of special events and trade show coordination, follow-up, executive support, and clerical tasks.
- Responsible for the company’s procurement of marketing supplies and promotional items.
- Ability to communicate with persons of diverse backgrounds and ability to establish and maintain effective courteous working relationships with employees, vendors and other business contacts.