Marketing Assistants perform clerical duties related to marketing. This may include contacting potential customers, scheduling appointments, updating the company’s social media, filing paperwork, or sending out promotional materials. They may also respond to customer inquiries and provide support for digital marketing activities (such as website monitoring). The top skills are customer service experience (for interacting with customers online), sales skills (for increasing brand popularity), data entry/tracking abilities, time management skills, and office software proficiency. A high school diploma is required for this position; however retail experience is beneficial.
The Best Marketing Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marketing Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Ensuring an effective and professional image to your customers and an accurate portrayal of business strategies across all social media platforms.
- Advocating and making recommendations around social marketing programs, messaging, and campaigns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all company news and businesses to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information that meets business and corporate objectives.
- Exploring new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach out to target buyers.
- Developed Sales and Marketing action plans for a team of twenty-three employees to enhance the company’s annual goals.
- Plan internal events for members of our organization including happy hours with $1,000 to $4,000 budgets for 50 to 200 guests, client lunches/dinners, team yearly retreats for 30 to 40 attendees in different locations throughout the US.
- Confirm $500 to $4,000 sponsorships for firm involvement with external events by completing the sponsorship form, providing a logo, submitting a request for payment, inviting members to attend.
- Keep track of client, prospect, referral source information and track job opportunities up to $200,000 in the firm’s customer relationship management database.
- Provided three-level services to customers; responded promptly to phone calls and emails from total strangers.
- Scheduled speaking engagements for the CEO; developed relationships without sales pressure.
- Provided my client with reliable support needed to make leadership decisions in a 300 employee manufacturing plant.
- Created and redesigned dashboards for employee overtime, work schedules, vacation status, and compliance training.
- Created and designed graphic PowerPoint presentations for company meetings displaying training statuses, and departments.
- Collected and organized digital data in support of Lean Sigma projects and as a Safety Training Program team member.
- Worked with Marketing, Sales, and Project Managers, as well as Public Relations, to ensure new ideas were successfully implemented.
- Maintained daily analytics including email send stats, coupon code stats, and competitor funnels.
- Created health reports and monthly meal plans using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Managed, created, and edited website content using WordPress and GitHub.
- Organized company events to promote market recognition among professionals in the film industry, including sales, call support, after-parties, and press junkets.
- Conceived and created slogan, ad layout, and art asset files for a membership promotion campaign to increase clientele by referral.
- Conceptualized creative visual concepts for social media campaigns and saw them through to development.
- Created still photographs based on departmental needs, including portraiture, as well as sports and recreational lifestyle imaging while following strict university marketing style guidelines.
- Created video campaigns for web and social media to interact with students interested in employment as well as calls-to-action for new students to experience Campus Recreation at UH.
- Activated a client referral program that increased the number of clients from 300 to over 1000 in less than one year.
- Manage company brand and awareness through trade shows, customer solicitation, and advertising.
- Ensure appropriate placement of services through business contacts.
- Assist department leaders on business strategies; develop plans, tactics, pricing, and sales strategies.
- Secondary duties are to manage an office staff of 3, assist with work contract negotiation, research customer issues, and department budget development.
- Edited privacy policies and terms of service for legal retypes, saving the company over $250 in legal fees.
- Create and implement strategic marketing and advertising campaigns, promotions, and special events.
- The rebranded business successfully boosted awareness, sales, and social media following.
- Create online digital content and maintain an engaging social media presence and direct connection with clients.
- Design store signage, collateral marketing materials, and product packaging.
- Doubled the size of an educational website originally designed by a partner; capturing over 12% more leads than the company average.
- Compose copy and manage editorial calendar across social media channels to increase brand awareness and engage current and potential customers.
- Project manage social media advertising campaigns while working alongside a team.
- Design content based on branding guidelines for utilization in social media, website, and digital ads using Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Execute product photography with an associated copy for website publication using Magento.
- Contributed to the development and implementation of a social media plan that improved brand recognition and sales by 20% in six months.
- Overseeing Government quote entries and making sure they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Email correspondence between the project managers and the government buyers regarding quote extensions and negotiations.
- Review and set up Government contracts and Commercial Purchase Orders into our Quantum database.
- Processing of UPS and FedEx for commercial orders that are ready to be shipped out.
- Processing of Requests for Quotes that come in from other vendors looking for pricing and availability of parts.
- Assisted in coordination and production of promotional marketing materials to push booth traffic.
- Created/maintained up-to-date staff portfolios, conference cost reports, and CRM databases.
- Researched Golder’s market on previous relationships with top clients through summary execution of opportunities, proposals, projects, and profit using Excel pivot tables.
- Performed administrative tasks for the marketing and business development team.
- Created targeted marketing communications, in multiple languages, for new product launches enabling the company’s expansion into foreign markets.
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve those campaigns Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the company’s brand.
- Work closely with the in-store collateral development team to create pieces to be put on retail sales floors.
- Collaborate with brand ambassadors to create innovative ways to gain exposure for client products.
- Devised an integrated advertising campaign including TV, print, and radio ads along with out-of-home billboards to attract over 20 million viewers.
- Helped resolve complaints from unsatisfied clients by developing creative solutions with a positive impact on corporate profits.
- Regular contact with President, executive staff, and business development manager; managing domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Organize and follow-through regarding all aspects of special events and trade show coordination, follow-up, executive support, and clerical tasks.
- Responsible for the company’s procurement of marketing supplies and promotional items.
- Ability to communicate with persons of diverse backgrounds and ability to establish and maintain effective courteous working relationships with employees, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Invented an online real-time management portal that streamlines workflow while increasing productivity by 25%.
How to Become a Successful Marketing Assistant?
Marketing assistants can come from a variety of backgrounds â€“ useful skills as a marketing assistant include advertising, statistics, analytics, consumer relations, customer service, social media, and journalism. Marketing assistants need to be flexible with their acquired skills, and their background adds unique value to their work.
As a marketing assistant, you can come from a variety of educational backgrounds as well. While most companies will look for someone with at least a bachelor’s degree and maybe a year or two of experience, the most important qualities of a marketing assistant are the ability to learn, innovate, take directions, and manage time, people, and resources.
Marketing assistants need to have great organizational skills. When managing a project, a lot of people depend on marketing assistants to be able to categorize and process information and draw conclusions from that information.
The position of marketing assistant is perfect for anyone who wants a professional challenge with plenty of opportunities to advance their career and is in higher demand than ever before. This job is a great mix of learning opportunities and chances to innovate and lead.
A marketing assistant helps conduct projects to help a company develop research and sales strategies. They help other marketing professionals, such as marketing executives and directors, obtain data and use that data to establish a better connection with potential consumers. Projects that marketing assistants oversee can include surveys, focus groups, and consumer relations. Marketing assistants are crucial in helping a company develop and sell a product.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.