A Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator performs quality control tests to ensure manufacturing machines work properly. The CMM Operator installs and creates inspection programs for the CMM, programs the computing system to take required measurements, calibrates the machine for each type of product, inspects assembled parts or products coming off the production line, analyzes data of product design for development process, and creates detailed reports on the quality and design of measured products.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best CMM Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real CMM Operator resumes for your reference.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 1
- Skilled in the use of five different types of testing equipment, which ensured that all corrective action needed to be taken.
- Performed over 55 types of testing including dimensional, functional/stress, metrology, calibration, surface roughness testing, and reliability.
- Analyzed data sheets to understand test programming requirements.
- Implemented lean manufacturing initiatives through utilization of statistical process control techniques by utilizing SPC tools to monitor CMM production lines for command parts per hour output.
- Improved scrap rate by 22% following implementation of 36 improvement ideas focusing on six Sigma philosophy.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 2
- Maintained a 99.9 percent [CMM] Machine Availability for 8 [consecutive] months, resulting in a $200,000 annual savings from reduced downtime.
- Awarded a “Certificate of Appreciation” for developing a software program that streamlined the daily jobs of 25 co-workers by 35 hours each week.
- Presented at regional conference on teamwork and productivity with an outstanding record of increasing equipment utilization by 20%.
- Finalist in statewide CMM Operator competition; awarded Certificate of Achievement for impeccable performance throughout 3 month period.
- Identified and eliminated potential problems before they occurred during 12 months of supervision; recognized by department heads as an outstanding employee.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 3
- Reviewed all shift reports and corrected any discrepancies.
- Identified enhancements to machines by using statistical process control to analyze manufacturing data.
- Streamlined shift reports, increasing productivity by 2%.
- Trained three new operators within four weeks of hire.
- Implemented a new material handling procedure, reducing cycle time from 45 minutes to 7 minutes.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 4
- Performed CMM programming and setup operations for automated assembly operations.
- Identified tool wear problems and recommended corrective actions to reduce scrap rates.
- Ensured that all equipment was fully operational by completing preventive maintenance on a daily basis, as well as weekly and monthly inspections.
- Troubleshot production stoppages using engineering drawings to determine faulty procedures or parts.
- Trained new operators allowing them to increase productivity while maintaining high quality standards.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 5
- First operator in the nation to pass all requirements of certification for CMM programming, worked with many types of N/C equipment.
- Excelled as a software analyst after thoroughly studying standard work instructions for existing programs, streamlining process and developing new methods.
- Led CDR presentation on improved quality and production capacity resulting in increased revenue and bonuses for personnel.
- Inspired whole plant to higher performance after delivering dynamic presentation to department heads and supervisors at quarterly meetings emphasizing need for excellence in relationships between operators and managers.
- Built company’s best possible future through excellent communication skills exhibited in three related emails demonstrating effect of poor management on morale and.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 6
- Accurately inspected 1,878 castings/ day for 100% compliance to customer specifications.
- Performed daily calibration of shop measuring equipment so production could continue without interruption .
- Trained Red Team Operator on proper operation of CMM Machine after being short-handed for 18 months.
- Reduced scrap rates an average of 10% by catching problems before they were machined, and by flagging operators who had problems with their machines.
- Exceeded company goal of 98% quality rating and received a quarterly bonus; during inspection period there was no scrap at all and the only rejections were due to incorrect tooling.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 7
- Operated and maintained the CMM machine, an advanced technology that establishes a virtual mapping environment for creating and examining digital models.
- Executed the process of measuring parts to ensure accuracy.
- Learned how to read blueprints, measure parts using coordinate measuring machines (CMM), and program / operate the CMM. Also performed computer aided drafting (CAD) work as required by project standards or specifications.
- Resolved operating issues and advised engineers on programming changes to improve production efficiency and yield first time quality parts.
- Achieved 100% first pass accuracy; gained recognition from senior operators as one of two best operators during annual employee performance review.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 8
- Achieved perfect on-time delivery while working in a team of 20 to 30 operators.
- Introduced new processes that improved quality and service levels while reducing scrap and rework rates.
- Successfully performed testing and analysis for CMM (coordinate measurement machine) part programs and assisted production area with statistical process control.
- Improved tooling inspection rate by nearly 100% by developing new test methods, which included the implementation of non-contact radar technology.
- Trained 8 co-workers in CMM operations within two weeks resulting in an immediate increase in productivity.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 9
- Assessed and improve the reliability of machinery through effective calibration, testing, and adjustments.
- Rebuilt computerized control systems for production equipment; expedited salvage operations by co-coordinating with other technicians to complete tasks within a deadline.
- Modulated CAM programming services and customized software modules to streamline machining processes and increase company-wide efficiency.
- Improved manufacturing operations after developing new tooling procedures that reduced assembly time by 25 percent.
- Achieved award for continued excellence in reducing shop floor scrap due to excessively high machine downtime for three months at end of fiscal year.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 10
- Utilized CMM equipment to inspect products against engineering specifications.
- Achieved record daily production by ensuring all manufacturing tolerances were within specification limits.
- Trained new employees, establishing procedures for proper inspection sequence and the required documentation process.
- Successfully implemented changes in procedure with minimal impact on existing system; recognized by management team.
- Promoted to group leader position due to exceptional performance; effectively identified solutions that increased overall efficiency of company’s workforce .
CMM Operator Resume Sample 11
- Trained in CMM procedures including operational, theoretical, and practical applications.
- Performed technical analysis of machine tools using computer numeric control (CNC) equipment to determine degree of utilization.
- Effectively maintained data integrity by creating spreadsheet reports for all machines used in the plant.
- Contributed to team success by developing relationships with co-workers throughout the entire company.
- Achieved award for maintaining safe work environment; recognized for commitment to safety guidelines, policies, and laws while working around or on any piece of equipment that has moving parts or has an electrical current running through it. Employee was injured while operating a forklift without wearing appropriate protective gear.
CMM Operator Resume Sample 12
- Flexibly trained on multiple job duties; demonstrated capabilities in all aspects of preventive maintenance, equipment adjustment and rigging.
- Established a new standard for machinist’s productivity with an average seven-day performance of 35+ pieces per day.
- Increased accuracy of stock removal by 15% by using computerized CMM work instructions.
- Oversaw installation of more than $150,000 worth of new machinery into production lines without missing quota or significant delays.
- Achieved the number one goal for all operations managers—meeting customer demands—by achieving 99% delivery success rate within required deadlines.
A high school diploma is needed for this technician position. This job requires great attention to detail and cleanliness and active listening, experience with quality control analysis, familiarity with machinery operation and control, knowledge of production and processing methods, as well as problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best CMM Operator Resume Samples
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 1
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 2
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 3
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 4
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 5
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 6
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 7
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 8
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 9
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 10
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 11
- CMM Operator Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up