An operations controller manages a company’s accounting department and operations. An operations controller’s responsibilities include supporting operations leadership team, analyzing fiscal reports, abiding by operational regulations, responsible for labor payroll, synchronizing operations to budget, and collaborating with operation leadership team.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Operations Controller Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Operations Controller resumes for your reference.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 1
- Accurately controlled more than $400 million in annual revenue by balancing daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Effectively supervised the daily operations of over 100 employees; supervised third party contract payments.
- Effectively processed invoices to include recording, coding, and summarizing expenses on a monthly basis; reviewed all documentation for accuracy prior to submission to Accounting department.
- Achieved award for excellence by consistently performing at 8% below budgeted costs; recognized as an example of teamwork.
- Assisted financial analyst team with merger accounting procedures; applied knowledge of new systems technology during client/server conversion project.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 2
- Performance with responsibility during tenure as Operations Controller enabled unit to meet financial goals.
- Resolved all general ledger postings with accuracy and in a timely fashion according to local, regional, and corporate standards.
- Received award for outstanding effort regarding the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act policies and procedures with management’s recognition of performance above expectations.
- Prepared monthly budget variances to be reviewed by department managers; recognized by CFO for accurate analysis and proactive correction of issues.
- Earned appreciation from team members through demonstrated dedication, loyalty, and personal commitment to company objectives while supporting company mission statement that says “We believe people are our most important assets.” Hired 8 people, including 3 top-performers out of 9 external candidates.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 3
- Launched new method of control and reporting for more accurate and dependable financial statements.
- Oversaw and directed daily processing of receivables, payables, funds flow including reconciliations.
- Translated accounting reports into concise summaries of company’s manufacturing progress which generated sales increase up to 15%.
- Assumed complete responsibility for all aspects of contract negotiations, vendor qualification & selection process, and product quality throughout the strategic planning cycle.
- Maintained a 99% on-time delivery record while reducing cost by $60K per month through demand forecasting, production planning and inventory control.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 4
- Developed and implemented new procedures streamlining office operations.
- Presented reengineering plan to VP; resulting in increased staff productivity and reduced operating expenses.
- Hired, supervised, scheduled work assignments for 12 temporary staff members; managed contracts and invoices.
- Implemented and maintained Accounts Payable system that supported 1,200 suppliers and 3 subsidiaries with multiple currencies; recognized by company as “Employee of the Year”.
- Authored “Tackling Work-from-Home Challenges” featured as a guest blogger on Acronym TV’s Business Blog Network. Partnered with WFH Experts to create a course based on content from the post.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 5
- Developed year-end financial reports for one of the nation’s 10 largest providers of outpatient physical therapy services.
- Estimated potential accounts receivable using approved forecasting models; identified unusual patterns and trends, which indicated accounts needed to be followed up on.
- Increased productivity by creating standards and procedures that were used to train new hires; increased departmental efficiency.
- Received award for outstanding performance based on ability to meet over 100% of deadlines within required timeframe.
- Recognized by top management as an exceptional employee after earning additional responsibilities in several areas due to high degree of accuracy, dependability, loyalty, and motivation.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 6
- Introduced new operating procedures for departmental paperwork flow; expedited same day turnaround time for invoices.
- Trained staff on the new system, providing feedback and advice to ensure that everyone worked well together.
- Implemented streamlined filing system increasing storage room capacity by 33%.
- Resolved customer question regarding wire transfer processing; received letter of appreciation from client.
- Achieved 99% accuracy rate in all monthly accounts payable ledger reconciliations; recognized by Supervisor for dedication to process improvement.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 7
- Prepared and interpreted financial reports, invoices, credit memos, etc. for accuracy and completeness using automated accounting software.
- Maintained accurate records for revenue, accounts receivable, payroll/personnel information in compliance with federal regulations.
- Oversaw data entry process needed to track thousands of dollars worth of material that was being transferred by various methods throughout the company.
- Managed inventory transactions between suppliers and internal departments; cooperated with finance and purchasing not only to meet deadlines but also exceed customer expectation on delivery times.
- Reduce total order costs by $715 through negotiations of supplier contracts; recognized by management for performance.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 8
- Completed all monthly, quarterly and yearly reports in a timely manner.
- Assessed fields of responsibility by generating more than $20 million of revenue for the organization during first year.
- Balanced daily cash receipts accounting process to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Accomplished quota while processing mail-in payments, directing off site depositories, creating courier routes, and closing out audits.
- Achieved award for exceptional services rendered to company through successful completion of project assigned by vice president’s office with budget under-run on a regular scorecard basis from inception through completion within five weeks before deadline date.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 9
- Optimized savings by reducing overtime and comp time accruals.
- Authored procedures manual applicable to all customer service representatives, and ensured compliance in letter and spirit by all staff members.
- Effectively managed multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Reduced accounts receivable past due dates by over 32%, while maintaining collection rates at 99%.
- Recognized for payroll excellence; instituted several systems that reduced clerical errors, decreased processing time, and increased productivity.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 10
- Implemented electronic filing systems to enhance speed and accuracy for all insurance claims.
- Set up new business office for Midwest regional headquarters; installed computer system and phone system within $5,000 budget of $10,000.
- Provided accurate financial accounting data by developing a time saving daily log-sheet of accounts payable transactions.
- Contributed to company’s success by leading effective meetings that addressed key issues and concerns regarding inventory controls and returns processing.
- Maintained the integrity of the budgeting process through adherence to established guidelines and regulations on credit card usage and reimbursement requests.
Operations Controller Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw process for obtaining necessary documentation to ensure payment of vendors within designated time constraints.
- Negotiated with lenders to obtain the lowest possible interest rates on loans without compromising quality of credit management review.
- Helped develop an inventory control system that reduced warehouse labor hours by 40%.
- Adept at managing contracts, invoices and bills-of-lading with an emphasis on adherence to rules, regulations and standard practices within the organization
- Tracked progress daily on all projects; prepared reports demonstrating compliance with organizational standards for timeliness and efficiency (i.e., cost/benefit ratios).
To become an operations controller, at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required. An operations controller must be analytical, must work well with numbers, must have excellent organizational skills, must have financial expertise, must have excellent decision-making skills, must be computer proficient, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Operations Controller Resume Samples
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 1
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 2
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 3
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 4
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 5
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 6
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 7
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 8
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 9
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 10
- Operations Controller Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up