Manufacturing Manager is the head in a company that produces goods and ensures that goods meet required standards. Duties of a Manufacturing Manager include supervising production activities, guaranteeing the safety of all employees, offering leadership and motivation to employees, quality control, conducting audits of equipment, ensuring feasible schedules and overseeing the shipping and purchasing departments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Manufacturing Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Manufacturing Manager resumes for your reference.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 1
- Devised new policies to reduce waste in an average of 20% while increasing product output by 15%.
- Increased productivity to over 150 units per hour without the purchase of additional equipment or labor cost increases.
- Received company-wide recognition for exceptional performance resulting in a 10% increase in manufacturing production during three months.
- Improved plant image, sales promotion results, and visits by outside customers through implementation of best practices to achieve world-class status.
- Authored articles that have been read over 1 million times regarding just-in-time effective 5S organizational methods resulting in improved morale and less stress at work.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 2
- Spearheaded a cross-functional team to investigate recommended productivity enhancements.
- Oversaw a $2.8 million capital improvement project that increased capacity by 50%.
- Managed the production of all components and subassemblies for a line of consumer lifestyle products, including full system testing.
- Invented a new product design from concept to finished prototype, as well as selling patent rights to an international corporation.
- Achieved turnover rates below industry averages, while maintaining safety standards at 98% compliance on more than 1,000 machines and equipment through continuous process audits and work practice discipline training programs.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 3
- Accountable for production of more than 100,000 units in a single fiscal year.
- Achieved perfect score on customer satisfaction index despite multiple line equipment failures and subsequent layoffs.
- Established new standards in energy efficiency and earned Manufacturing Energy Employee Award.
- Managed expansion of factory by 400% and oversaw installation of $10 million dollar machine tool program requiring 100 staff members to complete successfully.
- Promoted from Senior Manufacturing Engineer to Manager after 5 years due to superior performance in each role.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 4
- Supervised the movement of raw materials throughout the production process to ensure quality products were produced on time.
- Successfully delivered quarterly corporate responsibility report; recognized by managers for thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Effectively led all departments with 100% error-free operations during month-long plant shutdown; rewarded by Superintendent for dedication and exemplary service.
- Received Employee recognition award for outstanding service; consistently reached or exceeded goals with minimal supervision by demonstrating accountability, responsibility, dependability, initiative, teamwork, innovation, leadership and customer service.
- Presented new machinery design to company executives that advanced productivity from 1/3 to 2/3 of original expectations while also improving quality control measures.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 5
- Led a team to create, improve, and enhance four critical areas of performance.
- Achieved the highest quality level in company history with 98 percent yield during peak season month.
- Nominated for annual recognition for my contributions to the Plant Quality Department.
- Spoke at Manufacturing Summit as a result of implementing lean manufacturing techniques at all three plants resulting in extraordinary cost savings.
- Spearheaded collaborative effort that produced an 84 percent decrease in machine downtime, yielding substantial savings per year.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 6
- Increased manufacturing output by 30% within the first two years.
- Improved component assembly and product durability through introduction of new systems and methods.
- Presented and demonstrated new equipment and processes to plant personnel resulting in increased morale with decreased rework costs; recognized for excellent leadership.
- Strengthened teamwork, team spirit, efficiency, and effectiveness during smooth transition from night shift to day shift manager; received wage increase award.
- Identified potential safety hazards in line operations leading to revision of company procedures; reduced employee compensation claims through increased awareness of job responsibilities.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 7
- Developed a 37-month plan to promote company growth, increase profits by 25%, and form long-term relationships with new customers. Very well received presentation earned me the position of Manager.
- Trained all workers on factory safety rules, customer service standards, and production schedules.
- Improved efficiency by creating visual flow diagrams for each workstation eliminating unnecessary movements within the system.
- Ordered 4000 steel plates from state-of-the-art metal processing center reducing lead time by 50%.
- Improved overall quality levels by training operators on 5S methodology; this approach led to an impressive 4% reduction cost per part.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 8
- Led a timeline of over 500 employees from all shift in the company’s global restructuring efforts.
- Gained authority to assume responsibilities of another manager while managing production, quality control, and suppliers.
- Assisted in the development of a new process for product line innovation that has sparked profitability throughout the company.
- Achieved 100% on-time delivery through supplier management initiatives while ensuring adherence to product specifications and high quality standards.
- Recognized as a result driven team player following an extensive employee satisfaction survey; recognized by senior management team with awards for excellence in leadership and organizational skills.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 9
- Developed and directed training program to teach employees how to run all equipment in the facility.
- Spearheaded the development of a new automated oiling system for production machinery that was vital in creating world’s first machine that could be assembled by one person.
- Organized team of 20 people to build 500 machines per month, broke record with 650. Managed 120 people on three shifts, monitoring machine performance hourly.
- Improved company-wide production capability 19% within 6 months; results were shared at board meeting with investors marking their highest stock increase since they bought the company.
- Led team of 220 people to make plant #1 in US capable of producing 40% more product with 10% less labor.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw $5 million in production equipment with a workforce of 15 employees.
- Improved operations by 30% through streamlining processes, improving efficiencies and reducing costs without cutting corners.
- Pioneered machinery to cut cost on components by 10%; received recognition for efforts at the company’s highest levels of management.
- Proved mettle as an effective leader of change, making it possible to make decisions across functional boundaries.
- Attained distinction as the first manufacturing manager who was also certified as an ISO Quality department Lead Auditor after time spent studying quality system requirements.
Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample 11
- Enabled shop floor employees to become more productive by using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Increased customer service levels by greater than 10% by establishing weekly maintenance schedules for machines in my department.
- Received outstanding achievement award in ’08 for maximizing profits while reducing costs of materials and labor by 15%; recognized at company-wide awards banquet.
- Identified 20 safety issues on shop floor which decreased workers comp claims 50% in 3 months; recognized through presentation of plaque at quarterly safety committee meeting.
- Promoted to Lead Line Inspector within 2 years of hiring, enabling management team to focus on long-term planning rather than daily operations.
To work as a Manufacturing Manager you need at least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or industrial engineering or equivalent experience. Manufacturing Managers must have leadership and negotiation skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, management competencies, dependability and good time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.