Child Care Supervisor guarantees the security of children in their care. Their duties include organization of activities, monitoring of children, reading to children, answering phone calls quickly, helping coordinate youth birthday parties, and taking accountability for all their children.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Child Care Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Child Care Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Ensured the safety and proper educational development of children in my care by enforcing daily schedules, supervising games and activities, and ensuring students’ academic progress.
- Created support groups for single parents to assist with family relations and finances.
- Secured financial assistance for families in crisis from government or community organizations through direct contact with the agencies responsible.
- Provided counseling services for troubled youth, parents, or couples; assisted with individual needs such as job search assistance or referrals to other agencies.
- Trained student workers on-the-job; mentored hardworking employees who took their positions seriously by encouraging positive attitude, commitment, and productivity.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Encouraged, supervised, and orchestrated comprehensive fun for over 25 children in day care programs.
- Lead a team of staff to ensure that the objectives of the program were being met.
- Promoted positive self-image and confidence through planned activities that included reading, playing games, and arts and crafts.
- Achieved above average customer service scores based on several surveys conducted by parents after the completion of each week’s session.
- Trained staff to provide creative environments for children to develop socialization skills and improve self-esteem.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Effectively supervised day care for twenty infants and toddlers, including creative arts planning and facilitation.
- Provided training for three new employees within first month of being promoted to lead provider; recognized with achievement in leadership.
- Successfully developed curriculum and lesson plans for infants and toddlers, including developmental, educational, art/music, physical activities.
- Contacted parents within 24 hours regarding child illness or injury; obtained ride to doctor’s appointments from parents when needed.
- Engaged in active mind games with children to stimulate imaginations; recognized by mothers as a role model for positive role modeling of adults.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Responsible for the overall operation and supervision of a child care center, including daily supervision of 12 children.
- Created an environment that was stimulating, engaging, and challenging for all children in the program.
- Served as artistic director for play time during school hours with children.
- Organized orientation programs for new staff members; taught educational courses on discipline, development, stress management and professionalism to staff members.
- Enlisted the support of parents in order to create a positive work environment for all employees.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Sufficiently trained and supervised over thirty children in the attention, development, and understanding of emotional content and self-control.
- Maintained a positive, safe environment for all children.
- Accomplished teaching objectives during the first month of employment by holding classes for five students with different ages at the same time.
- Demonstrated firm but flexible discipline; defined rules, responsibilities, and consequences; upheld a code of professional ethics on all cases to be submitted to human resources department every 60 days.
- Received “excellent” rating for excellent performance from three employees in the work environment.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Recognized for my “Caring, Loving, and Caring” attitude while providing emotional support to families; organized holiday parties, fundraising events, and educational field trips.
- Knew a variety of physical activities to keep toddlers and preschoolers active during their recreation periods; coached children in soccer.
- Resolved conflict between children; helped toddlers who had difficulty sharing or playing cooperatively during play time.
- Helped reunite family relationships by providing child care services for single parent families who were facing hardships.
- Increased customer satisfaction through new customer referrals and continual customer retention in a growing business; fostered positive customer relations by addressing customer concerns.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Selected and trained staff to assure safe and secure care for children during the day.
- Performed additional administrative duties, such as ordering food and supplies, scheduling staff members, setting up classrooms, collecting and summarizing daily data, and adhering to legal guidelines regarding child abuse.
- Organized community service activities for children as part of extracurricular activities.
- Assisted families in their search for quality child care centers. Recruited new employees by placing advertisements in local newspapers and church newsletters.
- Formed unique relationships with a variety of people while treating each person’s needs with consideration and respect.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised daily activities of field trip bus, playground, and rest areas with the goal of ensuring safety and comfort for all.
- Coordinated and executed day-long recreational outings to theme parks by combining knowledge of child development with crowd control management.
- Created a safe haven environment while discouraging individual and group conflicts; secured a 99% attendance record in one year as opposed to the national average of 77%.
- Preserved infant supplies during severe budget cuts by managing consumption levels and encouraging staff to recycle when possible.
- Managed staff positions in the absence of the Director and supervised teachers who were new to their professions; promoted staff professionalism and confidence.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Enforced California Child Care Laws; instructed and motivated staff with positive attitudes in a positive environment for the safety and well being of the children.
- Worked as a team player to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Identified physical and personal needs of workers by researching job functions, challenges, and available resources.
- Maintained inventory of items within a budget with zero returns.
- Achieved Superstar rating; evidenced superior verbal and written communication skills in writing customer proposals, letters, memos, e-mails, reports, graphic material, etc.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Practiced the competency of nurturing, teaching, and empowering children in order to maintain a well-balanced environment for success.
- Enrolled and prepared for teacher certification test by taking courses in Educational Foundations and practices of Association for Childhood Education International.
- Trained and supervised over 30 teachers during the school year, through their development as proficient educators.
- Managed the school’s budget efficiently; recognized by administration with positive recommendation.
- Developed teaching strategies that improved motivation, curriculum structure, and instructional content.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Supervised over 24 preschoolers, infants, and toddlers for an annual combined student enrollment of over 6,000.
- Managed a staff of 8 teachers and assistants for an annual combined student enrollment of over 6,000.
- Recognized by the President of the Board as a candidate for Director of Child Development.
- Hired and trained 3 Assistant Teachers within a month’s time to manage a staff that had been left 4 teachers short due to illness; managed more than 4,000 students during this transition.
- Proactive in improving safety and security of the facility through new programs, new rules and regulations, use of technology, business operations manual for Child Care students, and a completely redesigned budget.
Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Directed staff to meet or exceed quality standards.
- Troubled by the lack of activities for young children, I established a summer camp for kids ages 7–12.
- Supervised over 150 young children for free and for pay.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills in dealing with temper tantrums and angry outbursts by under-threes.
- Brought the highest levels of discipline to the one-room home daycare center I supervised (come, go, sit down, be quiet, remain seated).
To work as a Child Care Supervisor you must have a baccalaureate degree in early childhood or special education. Child Care Supervisors demonstrate communication skills, keeping a positive attitude, basic computer skills, ability to work in a team, service based attitude, maintaining professionalism, and creating an emotionally safe place for children.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Child Care Supervisor Resume Samples
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Child Care Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up