CG Artists create digital images, both still and moving, that become part of game and video development. Their duties include collaboration with the design team on content, creating digital animation for TV and movies, creating digital content for video games, creating special effects for various digital media, and creating digital environments for various industries.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best CG Artist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real CG Artist resumes for your reference.
CG Artist Resume Sample 1
- Determined to create the highest quality 3D virtual environment possible; sought out additional software training to learn tools that would improve rendering speed.
- Achieved both certification and sought higher education degree in the areas of 3D modeling, animation, and multimedia.
- Maintained an active involvement in the computer graphics community by participating in regional user group meetings; sought professional references who could attest to character building attributes.
- Produced complex animations including complex character rigging for game development, virtual world design, product demonstration videos, and interactive museum exhibits.
- Celebrated twenty years of professional experience as a master craftsman for visual arts and technology companies.
CG Artist Resume Sample 2
- Maintained a portfolio of 3D computer graphics for use in medical, engineering, and entertainment applications.
- Interned with the medical department of a local hospital to develop concept for 3D surgical animation; applied medical knowledge to develop and render orthopedic surgery, endoscopy, and medical imaging.
- Created 3D animation depicting ganglion cysts and degenerative joint disease for the health department of a local college; was awarded “Most Innovative Movie” by class.
- Used advanced VRML techniques (virtual reality modeling language) to create online casino games with realistic graphics; created full-body animation for action figure company.
- Implemented 3D animation for large-scale telecommunications corporation; developed inventory control and logistics system.
CG Artist Resume Sample 3
- Designed, Developed, and implemented a cutting-edge web application for a high-end national Supermarket retailer.
- Reimagined an entire IT department for a medium-sized manufacturing organization to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designed and implemented a marketing campaign to increase website traffic.
- Negotiated with HR, Legal, and IT organization leaders to implement a new system of business intelligence for a financial services firm.
- Led a 15 member project team with over 700 hours of effort into four months toward the successful completion of an incentive program for an airline manufacturer’s executives.
CG Artist Resume Sample 4
- Designed and animated complex virtual characters for movies, television commercials, and music videos.
- Suggested better looking, higher quality character than what had been initially submitted as final product by my company’s competitors.
- Improved upon the visual appearance of an already established video game character so as to attract a younger audience and profitably increase profit margins.
- Achieved awards for creativity and artistic excellence in the CG art industry.
- Received recognition as a team member through promotion to manager position over work force of twenty-four artists and animators.
CG Artist Resume Sample 5
- Enjoyed a rewarding and exciting career in the Computer Gaming industry.
- Worked with the 3D engine team to design, build, and integrate new digital character animation paths used in all entertainment titles.
- Effectively managed numerous texture artists during production of digital artwork for computer games.
- Provided art direction on several titles, ensuring quality control through management of internal testing procedures.
- Achieved award for exemplary service in design, including character rigging for two new original software characters in one original game title.
CG Artist Resume Sample 6
- Increased productivity and efficiency by contributing to the design and implementation of a new technology tool.
- Developed and implemented a new process flow for mission-critical production projects.
- Routinely created 2D animation walk cycles and related storyboards, background layouts, and character designs for video games.
- Contributed to successful tester development by integrating the tester with the development system, including the configuration of network settings.
- Trained both internal teams on an online groupware tool using e-communication strategies to increase operational efficiency.
CG Artist Resume Sample 7
- Created a network infrastructure for a multi-million dollar information technology company. Designed, developed, and implemented the company’s Quality Assurance testing programs.
- Worked as resource planner and project manager on two major strategic planning projects for government agencies.
- Administered technical support to all levels of employees as required by department managers, as well as their immediate supervisors.
- Developed new programming solutions for improving customer service, operational efficiency and reduced overhead costs at a major insurance company.
- Created a database system that stored quantitative data from a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in real time.
CG Artist Resume Sample 8
- Excelled at providing 2-D and 3-D computer graphics design and animation for visual effects in The Sims 2 expansion pack.
- Created a new approach to animating plastic extrusion.
- Recognized for developing a new technique of modeling water simulation.
- Authored a paper entitled, “An Investigation into the Modelling of Natural Water”, which was published in The Journal of Computer Graphics by the International Association of Science.
- Developed proprietary software application known as iGibs; application streamlines texture creation by up to 90 percent.
CG Artist Resume Sample 9
- Designed custom e-learning content for Fortune 100 companies.
- Persuaded corporate IT departments to approve the implementation of web-based projects that led to an increase in revenue, decreased costs, and improved bottom-line results.
- Suggested new product development approaches that produced higher profit margins for clients.
- Developed training material for clients, which resulted in increased revenue.
- Oversaw multiple software releases by project to ensure quality delivery.
CG Artist Resume Sample 10
- Designed Web pages, graphic interface designs, and technical solutions for over 100 clients in various industries.
- Created unique features for websites including online stock quotes, data indicators, customized bulletin board areas.
- Used creative design principles to produce an optical illusion program in HTML and Flash.
- Created database reports in Access 97, Oracle 10g (RADIUS), and MS SQL Server 9.0.
- Developed new graphics styles in Adobe Photoshop 5.5, Illustrator 2.0 (Fonts), Publisher 3 (AutoText), Dreamweaver 5 (Transformations).
CG Artist Resume Sample 11
- Produced state-of-the-art graphics and animations for business, education, and entertainment.
- Established a reputation as an artist who was dependable for meeting deadlines due to my organization, creativity, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence.
- Earned the respect of peers, clients, and colleagues with my sense of innovation by combining artistic skills with personal passion to meet demanding challenges.
- Gained recognition for outstanding quality in conjunction with production capacity by completing large projects within budgeted time limits.
- Achieved milestone awards for computer graphics achievements at four different companies over a ten-year period.
CG Artist Resume Sample 12
- Delivered fantastic job performance of over 300% of peak production levels year-to-year.
- Prolonged lifespans of five major workstations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines through focus on goals, organization, and routine tasks.
- Validated new business value by helping to establish new international business relationship with third party for training purposes; helped establish world base for corporate operations in Brazil.
- Carried out customer service at lower levels before taking position as supervisor.
CG Artist Resume Sample 13
- Demonstrated creative, technical, and managerial skills in developing, designing, and creating pilot products for pilot groups of users.
- Proven creative problem solving skills in documenting designs to share with engineering team members.
- Developed creative designs for web-based products with clear understanding of their functional requirements.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead a team by establishing productive work dynamics that responded to customer requirements while creating solutions that met user needs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead group of artists in the design, development, and production of practical devices.
To work as a CG Artist you need a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics or equivalence, professional portfolio of work, and software certifications. CG Artists must demonstrate artistic ability, skills with graphic and video editing software, website design, coding with HTML, CSS, and Java, proficiency with digital paper, sales oriented, ability to work independently, timelines, creativity, and knowledge of color theory.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best CG Artist Resume Samples
- CG Artist Resume Sample 1
- CG Artist Resume Sample 2
- CG Artist Resume Sample 3
- CG Artist Resume Sample 4
- CG Artist Resume Sample 5
- CG Artist Resume Sample 6
- CG Artist Resume Sample 7
- CG Artist Resume Sample 8
- CG Artist Resume Sample 9
- CG Artist Resume Sample 10
- CG Artist Resume Sample 11
- CG Artist Resume Sample 12
- CG Artist Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up