A Behavior technician works together with other health professionals to provide care to patients with behavioral conditions. Their duties include providing direct care to implement skills and behavior reduction treatments, maintaining strict confidentiality, performing clinical assessments and other administrative duties, providing a safe and supportive environment for patients and their family, collaborating and assisting with the training of client, parents, and staff, and collecting and recording data.
To work as a Behavior Technician, you need an associate degree in behavioral health or a related field. A behavioral Technician must have possible relevant experience, physical stamina, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, flexibility, computer skills, and be a team player.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Behavior Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Behavior Technician resumes for your reference.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 1
- Effectively trained children with autism to turn lights off and on, open and close doors, and complete a variety of other tasks through operant conditioning.
- Developed training techniques to teach self-help skills such as grooming, toileting, cooking, cleaning, money management, meal preparation, and communication.
- Provided strategies for parents to increase child compliance at home by teaching positive reinforcement techniques.
- Experienced in the use of technology-based therapy including Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP), Sensory Integration Therapy (SIT).
- Established a trusting rapport with children during intensive one-on-one sessions to facilitate the learning process.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Provided successful programming through direct one-on-one intervention with individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Developed and implemented an assessment tool that measures children’s rate of learning. Parents, teachers, and students use this tool to detect changes in behavior.
- Collaborated effectively with families, school staff members, outside service providers, and other professionals to help develop positive interventions that addressed a variety of needs.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge across multiple subjects including language development, social skills training, sensory integration therapy, play/ leisure activities design and implementation for children with ASD.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 3
- Employed to develop, plan, and implement behavioral therapy programs according to the individual needs of children.
- Provided on-call support within the community for families with children displaying behavior issues.
- Created behavior treatment plans incorporating positive reinforcement techniques to alleviate challenging behaviors displayed by individuals experiencing mental disorders including depression, psychosis, autism, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), conduct disorder (CD), post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety disorders.
- Provided group social skills training sessions for residents living with developmental disabilities or physical challenges following initial assessment of participants’ interests and abilities in order to reduce negative behaviors associated with agitation and aggression displayed during interactions between residents.
- Educated caregivers on the nature of behaviors displayed by individuals suffering from mental disorders including depression, psychosis, autism, ADHD, ODD, CD, PTSD, and anxiety disorders.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 4
- Conducted in-depth observation and analysis of client’s behavior; summarized findings with recommendations for changes.
- Was recognized by colleague as the “go-to person” for customer service issues, demonstrating exceptional performance.
- Identified a need to address client’s socialization skills to accompany changes being made in his environment and speaking patterns.
- Effectively demonstrated a calm, caring approach when dealing directly with very anxious or upset children/adults.
- Developed a training program for workforce to improve public relations within community through positive interactions & presentations at events & functions.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 5
- Organized, implemented, monitored and documented evidence-based individualized programming for over 20 students.
- Improved autism spectrum disorder behaviors including aggression, self-injurious behavior, stereotyped behavior, and non-compliance through applied behavioral analysis treatment.
- Developed staff training manuals that increased understanding of positive support strategies to improve student outcomes.
- Prepared progress reports for presentation to the Committee on Special Education (CSE) at IEP meetings; responsible for all inclusionary accommodations during CSE meetings.
- Participated in the selection process of hiring candidates for open positions at work by providing input regarding candidates’ experience with diversity awareness and skills required to succeed in their position.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 6
- Conducted 80-hour Positive Behavior Support (PBS) research internship at the University of Michigan.
- Gathered data while working on more than 30 behavior support plans, including discrete trial training (DTT), prompting, and time delay procedures with youth on the autism spectrum.
- Gained experience in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) by developing novel interventions to increase appropriate behaviors for two nonverbal children on the autism spectrum.
- Tracked blood samples from pre-vaccination to 12 months for one year old twins participating in an infant sibling study investigating rotavirus vaccine efficacy and gut microbiome diversity.
- Utilized laboratory skills such as isolation from buccal swabs, DNA concentration estimation, library prep, and PCR clean up to generate amplification products for HIV/HCV drug resistance genotyping.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 7
- Developed a drug-free treatment protocol for severely disruptive youth at state mental health facility.
- Utilized effective incentives to engage children in learning activities, promoting positive behaviors and academic performance.
- Effectively engaged children with autism, ADHD, cerebral palsy, and emotional disturbances during tutoring sessions.
- Dedicated to the principles of promptness, reliability, honesty, and integrity; maintained employment continuity despite unstable work environment.
- Pioneered research into novel pharmaceutical compounds that displayed significant analgesic properties; presented data on efficacy before an international science conference.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 8
- Observed, recorded, and reported children’s behavioral patterns in classroom environment.
- Developed positive rapport among peers by working closely with teams of learning specialists, special education staff members, school nurses, counselors, administrators, cafeteria workers, custodians, bus drivers.
- Trained to the full completion of Red Cross Emergency Training in CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
- Engaged with students one-on-one using various therapeutic interventions including storytelling techniques to promote self-awareness among individuals who have experienced emotional trauma during difficult life situations.
- Gained greater understanding of teaching tactics that support social development skills for K-12 students experiencing Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Behavior Technician Resume Sample 9
- Identified, diagnosed, and treated behaviors related to autism spectrum disorder (ASD) such as aggression towards self or others.
- Managed a population of more than 10 severely disabled individuals including those with Alzheimer’s disease, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, developmental disabilities, and ASD.
- Promoted language development through the use of various therapeutic techniques. Assist clients in attaining maximum independence and positive quality of life.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills during training sessions with parents, staff members and co-workers; gained acceptance of ideas and concepts.
- Reduced client’s oppositional behavior by identifying antecedents/maintaining effective data collection for 3 months.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.