Teaching artists are professionals in their own fields who are hired to teach theatre. Their duties include teaching physical theatre, overseeing acting workshops, writing lectures, sourcing for course materials, assessing students’ works, preparing examinations, marking examination answers, preparing students’ assignments and taking record of students’ attendance.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Teaching Artist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Teaching Artist resumes for your reference.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated a leadership role in teaching art classes to elementary, middle, and high school children.
- Developed a program with accompanying lesson plans for art enrichment at a local hospital for patients and staff.
- Instilled artistic creativity through demonstrations, performances, and workshops.
- Exposed children to the importance of music education as a vital tool towards producing a healthy mind and a well-rounded person.
- Provided outreach programs to the public through lectures, workshops, and demonstrations on the importance of relating science to art as an effective way to communicate ideas.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 2
- Created masterpieces in chalk, chalk pastels, pencils, charcoal, pastel chalk, oil pastels, paper cut-outs and print-making.
- Assisted but did not work for over two years due to cervical vertebrae injury sustained during delivery of child.
- Completed ten to twelve commissioned paintings for over 25 family members and friends per year.
- Performed hundreds of theatrical performances in churches and schools nationwide.
- Worked as a Teaching Artist for five years at a local college to share artistic talents with underprivileged children.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 3
- Delivered artistic curriculum to over 350 elementary, middle, and high school students annually in a variety of art forms.
- Educated children in the fundamental principles of art by teaching fundamental elements of painting, set design, and stage combat.
- Developed leadership potential in scouts by teaching the fundamentals of acting to a local troop.
- Founded a playwrighting program for at-risk youth where they learned basic theater skills and then wrote and presented their own shows.
- Presentated multimedia education workshops for American Sign Language students that applied theatrical techniques to American Sign Language production.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 4
- Nurtured children’s imagination during a summer drama camp.
- Developed a plan of action for a positive community aesthetic by designing and implementing a new city theatre program.
- Presented lectures to multiple college students, independent study students, and participants in the local Sailing School on the strategies of being a successful entrepreneur as well as presenting effective leadership strategies.
- Aided in developing an audition strategy for an aspiring young actress that enabled her to land a role as an extra on “Friends”, CNN, and regional commercials after studying with me for less than six months.
- Convinced strangers to take the city bus from the city center to the outskirts of town, so that a group of teenaged youths could ride a train to a local amusement park without adult supervision.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 5
- Trained and instructed students in art, music, and drama prior to a teaching career.
- Coached and assisted performance at high school athletic events.
- Assisted with production of musicals by 6th-grade students, 6th grade to 12th-grade student classes.
- Answered questions regarding the art process for middle school students.
- Trained technical crew at summer theater camp for elementary students including driving, operating lights, sound equipment, set construction, etc.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 6
- Lead, taught, and contributed to the organization of the largest annual Environmental Education event in Central Florida.
- Created weekly classes full of unbiased facts and information for children of all age groups.
- Trained partners with whom to teach new techniques to students providing them an outlet to express themselves while increasing their social skills.
- Performed “Free Comic Book Day” event at local businesses by contributing free comic books for tenants’ use.
- Promoted balanced lifestyle for youth through positive role models in martial arts.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 7
- Organized and taught interdisciplinary art courses for elementary-aged children as part of the Arts in Education Program for the Brandywine School District.
- Implemented activities to reinforce art instruction to elementary-aged children, including museum visits and program planning.
- Presented a workshop to teachers, administrators, and parents seeking a means of improving student learning through creative methods.
- Instructed over 300 students in over 30 preservice undergraduate courses at a preeminent university within the Fine Arts Department.
- Actively contributed to enrichment programs by developing curriculum for students seeking dual credit dual enrollment courses.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 8
- Conducted a pre-K, kindergarten, and grades 1 through 8 art lesson in a small rural private school in a crime-riddled neighborhood.
- Educated over 100 pre-K through 8th grade students for one year of art instruction; developed an ongoing relationship with children that led to participation in the community’s annual street fair.
- Created original works of art; toured an agriculture fair using two 6 foot tall panels donated by farmers, which were later auctioned off for over $600 (raised approximately $1,150).
- Trained middle school girls in pencil drawing skills that promoted self-esteem, improved emotional stability, and expressed the artist’s creative side.
- Organized yearly arts festivals to raise funds for literacy projects; students were treated to art supplies, performances by local musicians, and education about art in classes focused on sculpture.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 9
- Helped children and adults express themselves through self-expression through art.
- Published, wrote, and designed artistic expression for therapeutic purposes; therapeutic paintings exhibited in galleries around the world.
- Trained to the level of Master Teacher; taught various painting techniques to two students; independent study students received awards for best interpretations of teacher’s work.
- Discounted business software by providing classes for local businesses on how they can save money by buying discounted software.
- Became proficient in computer graphics, advanced Microsoft Office applications, advanced Adobe Photoshop® programs, advanced Adobe Illustrator® programs, advanced audio applications, architectural drawing using AutoCad® software.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 10
- Concentrated on soft skills; nurtured the creativity, self-esteem, and self-appreciation of over 400 students in Kindergarten through 10th grade.
- Developed effective physical education curriculum for adults, teens, and children at community recreation center where I worked.
- Developed cost-effective marketing strategies to increase attendance at weekly barter parties where I taught spin art classes at local art galleries.
- Increased client satisfaction ratings by 22% after emphasizing customer service skills training.
- Found new ways to enhance existing relationships between participants by teaching them how to expand their network of contacts over time.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 11
- Achieved excellence in studio arts and music by creating, conducting, and delivering interactive experiences for instilling a sense of wonder and empowering spirit.
- Delivered over 500 hours of original performance as a singer, actor, dance choreographer, and instructor.
- Produced and presented 50 songs on six CDs with local press feature.
- Presented workshops for school children during four school year breaks through the Music Mentor program at the University of Utah.
- Implemented innovative songs for “New Beginnings” CD with help from over 80 musicians.
Teaching Artist Resume Sample 12
- Provided opportunities for children and adults at-risk to express themselves freely through art.
- Nurtured self-confidence, public speaking skills, leadership, and other interpersonal skills through arts instruction.
- Collaborated with teachers to provide integrated learning opportunities for students through collaborative arts activities.
- Wrote funding proposals to secure $8,000 for art supplies, $8,000 for transportation costs, $8,000 for teacher stipends, $6,000 for equipment costs; advocacy initiatives increased annual budget revenues by 10% within six months.
- Recognized by the director of the school district for outstanding artistic contributions; received grants to provide additional instructional materials to students.
To work as a teaching artist, you need a BA Arts degree in related fields to work as a teaching artist. Teaching artists need to demonstrate readiness to instruct learners, identify educational lapses, develop training sessions to correct identified lapses, keep abreast of new knowledge in the field, be computer literate for record purposes, be creative with lessons to stimulate interest, establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.